IGNORED

Half season tickets finance

formerly known as ivan

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not sure it's needed for half season ticket with prices from £199.

It would help encourage more people if there was a one off admin fee of say £10 and the season ticket is paid a month in advance. Not everyone can afford half season tickets, especially this time of year as we approach silly season of spending.

7 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not sure it's needed for half season ticket with prices from £199.

I dunno, I think more people would be tempted if they could spread the payment out over 5 months.

£200 a month or so before Christmas might put a few off.

Edit: Russell85 has beat me to it.

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I dunno, I think more people would be tempted if they could spread the payment out over 5 months.

£200 a month or so before Christmas might put a few off.

Edit: Russell85 has beat me to it.

Think most people who half a normal full time job could get there hands on £199. Xmas or not? And if not then don't get one.

I agree with finance options for a season ticket but not sure that half season tickets should have the same option as the loyalty etc shown by season ticket holder can't be matched by half season ticket holders who might just be buying one because were on a good run of form. This is a luxury people who shell out at the start of the season don't get. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Think most people who half a normal full time job could get there hands on £199. Xmas or not? And if not then don't get one.. 

Yeah, much better to have an empty seat that another ticket sold.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I agree with finance options for a season ticket but not sure that half season tickets should have the same option as the loyalty etc shown by season ticket holder can't be matched by half season ticket holders who might just be buying one because were on a good run of form. This is a luxury people who shell out at the start of the season don't get. 

Of course they are, you aren’t going to shift many half season tickets if you’re bottom of the table in November. Crowds go up when we’re doing well, same as every other club. More people attending the better as far as I’m concerned, if paying by direct debit is an option that will allow more people to buy one I don’t see why this shouldn’t be on offer. 

Its just a payment option mate, not an early bird discount for loyalty.

A half season ticket and the option to get a Manchester ticket should be a no brainer to those with the money. Cup aside, the chance to get a guaranteed seat for a team that’s already 4th in the league pushing for the prem, with a guaranteed option for a potential premiership season ticket sounds like a blooming reasonable offer even to the most fair weather supporter. You are that horse who’s been led to water, If you don’t take this opportunity then there’s no bloody helping you.

The rest of us who’ve put our time in, were offered the chance to renew our season tickets when everything was going pear last season and we still had a chance of going down. Felt more like another leap of faith over experience at the time. So it feels especially good. 

I normally would argue that finance should be available.

However... I think this time around, with the anomaly of priority booking to a big cup game being offered as part of the deal- I don't think it is feasible.

Nothing would stop someone purchasing a half season ticket on finance, booking for the Manchester game, then not making any further payments after Christmas. Yes their season ticket would get cancelled but it would essentially create an option to jump the queue for the cup game for the price of a couple months payments.

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

I normally would argue that finance should be available.

However... I think this time around, with the anomaly of priority booking to a big cup game being offered as part of the deal- I don't think it is feasible.

Nothing would stop someone purchasing a half season ticket on finance, booking for the Manchester game, then not making any further payments after Christmas. Yes their season ticket would get cancelled but it would essentially create an option to jump the queue for the cup game for the price of a couple months payments.

Good point.

Although, can you actually do that?

Surely if you buy an ST and choose the finance option you enter into an legal agreement with the club that you will pay the full amount...albeit in instalments? If that’s the case you could leave yourself open to legal action from whoever deals with these payments on behalf of BCFC.

If I cancel my mobile phone direct debit for example Vodafone will want me to settle the outstanding amount, not just cancel my service.

Im not an expert so I could be wrong.

I suppose if there’s a cooling off period of 14 days, someone could take advantage of that and buy a ticket for the UTD game before cancelling.

In different circumstances I don’t think the finance option should ever be viewed as a ‘loyalty’ thing...that’s what early bird discounts are for. I had a ST for years paying on finance and it was the difference between affording one and not affording one. Before anyone says “get a credit card”, yes you could, not idea though.

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Good point.

Although, can you actually do that?

Surely if you buy an ST and choose the finance option you enter into an legal agreement with the club that you will pay the full amount...albeit in instalments? If that’s the case you could leave yourself open to legal action from whoever deals with these payments on behalf of BCFC.

If I cancel my mobile phone direct debit for example Vodafone will want me to settle the outstanding amount, not just cancel my service.

Im not an expert so I could be wrong.

I suppose if there’s a cooling off period of 14 days, someone could take advantage of that and buy a ticket for the UTD game before cancelling.

In different circumstances I don’t think the finance option should ever be viewed as a ‘loyalty’ thing...that’s what early bird discounts are for. I had a ST for years paying on finance and it was the difference between affording one and not affording one. Before anyone says “get a credit card”, yes you could, not idea though.

For something that costs a couple of hundred quid, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort trying to pursue a claim against a defaulter. 

Slightly different if you are Vodafone and your book of outstanding and bad debts means it's worth having a dedicated recovery team on full time contracts.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

For something that costs a couple of hundred quid, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort trying to pursue a claim against a defaulter. 

Slightly different if you are Vodafone and your book of outstanding and bad debts means it's worth having a dedicated recovery team on full time contracts.

That surprises me. Presumably it’s an outside credit company that arrange the finance and not City themselves? It’s a few years since I’ve bought an ST on finance and I can’t remember. If it is, those people aren’t usually known for their leniency when dealing with people defaulting on an agreement. 

Not saying I think you’re wrong at all by the way, like I say I’m no expert.:thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That surprises me. Presumably it’s an outside credit company that arrange the finance and not City themselves? It’s a few years since I’ve bought an ST on finance and I can’t remember. If it is, those people aren’t usually known for their leniency when dealing with people defaulting on an agreement. 

Not saying I think you’re wrong at all by the way, like I say I’m no expert.:thumbsup:

The club have been offering the “finance” option themselves for the last couple of seasons. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The club have been offering the “finance” option themselves for the last couple of seasons. 

Ahh, I see. As that’s the case I can understand that they probably wouldn’t waste too much energy in pursuit of someone cancelling their D/D, especially as they can just cancel the ST and sell the seat on a game by game basis.

Under the circumstances I can see why offering finance for half season STs probably wouldn’t be wise this season.

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It costs quite a bit to chase debt. Ditto when you outsource it to an agency.

As we’re talking half season tickets, there’s a pretty high chance that those who would want to take a financing options (if available) would be the same people taking another financing option when full season tickets for next season  when they go on sale in only 4 or 5 months time

I suspect  the club would want to avoid these financing options overlapping and financially over-committing  their clients/ fans.

The club would desperately want to avoid any associated bad press that could easily be twisted by a trashy journalist to make the club sound like a nasty money lender that’s worse than Wonga. 

6 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

As we’re talking half season tickets, there’s a pretty high chance that those who would want to take a financing options (if available) would be the same people taking another financing option when full season tickets for next season  when they go on sale in only 4 or 5 months time

I suspect  the club would want to avoid these financing options overlapping and financially over-committing  their clients/ fans.

The club would desperately want to avoid any associated bad press that could easily be twisted by a trashy journalist to make the club sound like a nasty money lender that’s worse than Wonga. 

No-one would ever see it. They can`t get past the pop-ups and surveys on the BP site.

Archived