IGNORED

Play Off Semi Dates

tinman85

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Anyone know when these are? I've been invited to a wedding on Sat 12th May and am nervous!!!

Would be the 12th or 13th first leg, then the Tuesday/Wednesday after.

I've got a wedding too that day (with a post wedding spa on the Sunday), if we ever did make the play offs I'd watch from the bar on the Sunday and go to the second leg in the week!

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m on a hen do the weekend of the 12th (am one of the bridesmaids so can’t skip it) and so I’m hoping we’re away for the first leg of any play offs. 

Even better I’m hoping we don’t need the playoffs ;) 

Well it's my sisters wedding so am doomed. Worse still she is a city fan but thinks we will bottle it anyway! Cheers sis!

39 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Was at Stag do in WSM for The Hull game watching in a pub where the commentary was a good 30 seconds ahead of the picture.  Depressing as hell and the marriage didn’t even survive the following season!

I bet you more than anyone has nightmares around the sky commentator who screamed 'Windaaaaas!'

16 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Especially from Frazer Campbell in that corner. 9 times out of 10 he belts that in to row Z. Worst day ever. 

I know what you`re saying but Brighton was worse for me.

I don`t know what it was about the Hull game but I never had the feeling we would win it, not before the game or during it. Some sort of fan`s sixth sense I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know what you`re saying but Brighton was worse for me.

I don`t know what it was about the Hull game but I never had the feeling we would win it, not before the game or during it. Some sort of fan`s sixth sense I suppose.

Surely missing out on the premier league is worse?

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I guess but I never thought we were ready for it TBH. In hindsight, and I know there`s been a lot of shit along the way, I`m much happier if we went up now. 

I do think GJ, bless him, would have signed a lot of average players on big money and we would have still probably gone straight back down. It would then have taken us even longer than it has to get back to where we are now.

Just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Put your own shit first, marriage is a hugely outdated thing anyway and with how many fail which would you actually regret missing more?

The relationship won't last forever, your love for this club will. 

I may be right in thinking that you're not a marriage guidance councellor!

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

You could also say that remaining in League One was worse than remaining in the Championship. Two ways of looking at it.

Brighton was worse for me, because we were so utterly abject. I was able to be slightly more philosophical about the Hull loss because having just come up we didn't expect to be there in the first place.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Brighton was a depressing final. Also the defeat to Stoke in the AWS. Louis Carey a legend but cost us the second goal. How I used to dream of us signing Kavanagh and Thorne. In fact if we had a Graham Kavanagh in midfield now we would win the league. 

**** Graham Kavanagh

Archived