IGNORED

FRT 1987 video.

1960maaan

It was there and so, well , I may as well put them all up. I thought we were poor on the day, why JJ didn't take a pen???? 
And the highlight on the day way the naked woman in the stand, still, here it is.

Oh, and the other reason I put this up was John Atyeo in the commentary team with Roger Malone.

Very painful defeat. When Riley equalised I thought we'd go on to win. I still can't bring myself to watch the penalties. The 5-4 victory at their place about 16 years later provided some payback and Mansfield were fully forgiven with interest following a certain game in 2015.

Not sure why we wore the white shirts that day seeing as their was no clash with Mansfield's kit. It didn't really bother me at the time but looking back I now blame it for our defeat.

19 hours ago, Offside said:

Very painful defeat. When Riley equalised I thought we'd go on to win. I still can't bring myself to watch the penalties. The 5-4 victory at their place about 16 years later provided some payback and Mansfield were fully forgiven with interest following a certain game in 2015.

Not sure why we wore the white shirts  It didn't really bother me at the time but looking back I now blame it for our defeat.

A little bit before my time, but one of my teacher’s at school a few years later said that it was due to a cock up from the supplier. Bukta wasn’t it?

On 12/11/2017 at 19:03, 1960maaan said:

It was there and so, well , I may as well put them all up. I thought we were poor on the day, why JJ didn't take a pen???? 
And the highlight on the day way the naked woman in the stand, still, here it is.

Oh, and the other reason I put this up was John Atyeo in the commentary team with Roger Malone.

The woman stripped during the penalties. Can't remember the penalties.....

My flag from this game is still hanging in Mum's loft
Such a great day out, seeing City walking out on the hallowed turf (87 was the season I switched allegiance to City from Tottenham, so wasn't there in 86). Absolutely devastated at the end, remember telling Dad it was so unfair, as Mansfield had only brought 10 / 12,000 fans and we had taken shit loads

Love that shirt, still my fav of all time. Bloody itchy though!

On 11/12/2017 at 19:03, 1960maaan said:

and good ol' Ian Seymour.

1 hour ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Mate of mine was sat in front of them with his misses and 2 young girls.

i heard they were on some coach doing it

Yes. Their coach pulled alongside ours on the way up the M4 and out they came. It was the highlight of the day. I remember hating Mansfield for being such a Tinpot club and taking about 5 fans to Wembley and beating us, but all was forgiven on 3rd May 2014

Archived