IGNORED

Card Failed For Utd - IMPORTANT

AshtonPark

It's possible the money will be reserved but won't actually fully leave your account.

An online transaction typically consists of an authorisation hold and then a settlement. When you order an item on Amazon for example, they place the authorisation hold. That checks you're good for the money. However, they only take the money upon dispatch.

For a ticket transaction, both are likely to process sequentially. If you're seeing the money as reserved but got an error, it's quite possible the settlement failed and the money will return to being available to you automatically within a week (on debit cards) or upto a month (on credit cards).

15 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's possible the money will be reserved but won't actually fully leave your account.

An online transaction typically consists of an authorisation hold and then a settlement. When you order an item on Amazon for example, they place the authorisation hold. That checks you're good for the money. However, they only take the money upon dispatch.

For a ticket transaction, both are likely to process sequentially. If you're seeing the money as reserved but got an error, it's quite possible the settlement failed and the money will return to being available to you automatically within a week (on debit cards) or upto a month (on credit cards).

Good Call. Just spoke to bristol sport and they said what you said, any pending will be gone within a few days.

24 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Guys,

Anyone who payment said it failed, so you tried again, you will have been charged for how many "failed attempts" it was. I now have money coming out my debit, and credit card for the game.

Calling bristol sport asap

@AdamB Can you let us know how this will be resolved?

I too had this. Failed on first card, successfully tried a 2nd time on a different card, charged on both.

29 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Guys,

Anyone who payment said it failed, so you tried again, you will have been charged for how many "failed attempts" it was. I now have money coming out my debit, and credit card for the game.

Calling bristol sport asap

@AdamB Can you let us know how this will be resolved?

I get this every time I try to use a credit card with Bristol Sport. Always end up using Debit Card.

System still not working fully. Interested to hear the excuses  Any comment @AdamB?

I have had this problem as well. Though both are under pending transactions so I will keep an eye on it but will assume one will go through and the other will not. Not such a huge deal but add it to trying to get the tickets at 10 and having problems there as well it looks more and more farcical. 

So the destructions are available here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/man-utd-ticket-prices-and-sales-details/

Indicates that on-line till Thursday morning and then possible to get by the phone.

Problem is, getting the tickets 'on-line' is not possible for me (I"m using Safari) - looks like I'll have to try a different browser.

Come on Bristol Sport, this is basic stuff, get it sorted.

12 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

So the destructions are available here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/man-utd-ticket-prices-and-sales-details/

Indicates that on-line till Thursday morning and then possible to get by the phone.

Problem is, getting the tickets 'on-line' is not possible for me (I"m using Safari) - looks like I'll have to try a different browser.

Come on Bristol Sport, this is basic stuff, get it sorted.

are you using a phone? I'm using Safari and it worked ok. What issues are you having?

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

are you using a phone? I'm using Safari and it worked ok. What issues are you having?

It's Monday, I'm a bit hung over and it comes down to user error

It's called putting on my glasses and reading through the detail (I just clicked the '+' and not the 'Click here to buy your ticket' - being colour blind it didn't really stand out for me) :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Alberto said:

It was hard work getting the tickets and couldnt get my seats but 2 in the bag now for me and the boy so bring it on!

Did you go to your reserved tickets? Sounds like you might have just chosen some available seats (non season tickets holders). It is confusing if you haven't used the website before 

4 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

It's Monday, I'm a bit hung over and it comes down to user error

It's called putting on my glasses and reading through the detail (I just clicked the '+' and not the 'Click here to buy your ticket' - being colour blind it didn't really stand out for me) :facepalm:

I did the same! Then it took ages to get back to that screen…I worked it out eventually :city:

5 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Did you go to your reserved tickets? Sounds like you might have just chosen some available seats (non season tickets holders). It is confusing if you haven't used the website before 

how can that happen? Unless you have bought someone else's linked to your ID…

Archived