IGNORED

Card Failed For Utd - IMPORTANT

AshtonPark

• Admin
8 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Did you go to your reserved tickets? Sounds like you might have just chosen some available seats (non season tickets holders). It is confusing if you haven't used the website before 

image.png

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

how can that happen? Unless you have bought someone else's linked to your ID…

Season card holders don't have to buy for their exact seat

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I have had this problem as well. Though both are under pending transactions so I will keep an eye on it but will assume one will go through and the other will not. Not such a huge deal but add it to trying to get the tickets at 10 and having problems there as well it looks more and more farcical. 

I sell online through a website, and when a payment fails it fails (usually down to billing address being different on the banks file, from what I have been told). I do not have the payment due to it failing, it will be in "pending" although has never hit my account or the seller. The biggest issue is most banks will tell the customer that the seller has it and to contact them, rather than do some work and release the funds back to the card/account, banks do nothing as it is all automatic regarding the refunds and may take days.

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's possible the money will be reserved but won't actually fully leave your account.

An online transaction typically consists of an authorisation hold and then a settlement. When you order an item on Amazon for example, they place the authorisation hold. That checks you're good for the money. However, they only take the money upon dispatch.

For a ticket transaction, both are likely to process sequentially. If you're seeing the money as reserved but got an error, it's quite possible the settlement failed and the money will return to being available to you automatically within a week (on debit cards) or upto a month (on credit cards).

What an excellent, informative and reassuring post.

Just got mine, well having it sent but you know what I mean.

Went on the site.
 'you are 11,311 in line'  I actually waited 30 seconds and it moved on.
Clicked the very obvious links, and I've been know to move around a website for ages going in circles.
The ticket info etc was already there and all I had to do was pay.
Put in the card details and Bob's you mothers Brother. 
It was the easiest ticket I have ever bought online , without exception.

I may have been lucky , but that is how I would hope it would work.

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just got mine, well having it sent but you know what I mean.

Went on the site.
 'you are 11,311 in line'  I actually waited 30 seconds and it moved on.
Clicked the very obvious links, and I've been know to move around a website for ages going in circles.
The ticket info etc was already there and all I had to do was pay.
Put in the card details and Bob's you mothers Brother. 
It was the easiest ticket I have ever bought online , without exception.

I may have been lucky , but that is how I would hope it would work.

same here

5 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

So the destructions are available here:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/man-utd-ticket-prices-and-sales-details/

Indicates that on-line till Thursday morning and then possible to get by the phone.

Problem is, getting the tickets 'on-line' is not possible for me (I"m using Safari) - looks like I'll have to try a different browser.

Come on Bristol Sport, this is basic stuff, get it sorted.

I got mine in under 3 mins...and I’m on safari as well

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

I got mine in under 3 mins...and I’m on safari as well

As indicated earlier, user error my side.

@phantom kindly provided a screen shot of the ticket page and has highlighted what I missed initially - I was going straight for the '+' option which then asks you to select a seat (rather than buying my own seat).

I've now got my e-ticket :clapping:

COYR

1 minute ago, bcfcfinker said:

As indicated earlier, user error my side.

@phantom kindly provided a screen shot of the ticket page and has highlighted what I missed initially - I was going straight for the '+' option which then asks you to select a seat (rather than buying my own seat).

I've now got my e-ticket :clapping:

COYR

Feels great don’t it?

4 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Feels great don’t it?

The only thing that doesn't feel good is having to now wait 5 weeks for the game.

Let's just hope we go on a winning streak till then and cause them to feel doubt.
The mind games, the underdog badge and us going into this game with confidence will be a good place to be in.

7 hours ago, SuperFly2002 said:

I must admit - I bought mine in under two minutes and that included upgrading my kids tickets to full adults and requesting paper tickets, no issues at all...........

How did you upgrade your ticket, trying to do my daughters but it won't let me cheers

8 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

are you using a phone? I'm using Safari and it worked ok. What issues are you having?

Agree. Pleasing that so easy to do on phone, including load to card. There was a time when it was hard to navigate the ticket site on a phone but no issues this season. 

Echoing the second post.

The process of ‘releasing funds’ from your account is nothing to do with the club. They don’t have that authority. They request the funds, your bank releases them only for it to fail a security check (most commonly billing address not matching the address held with bank) and then the transaction fails. 

The funds show as leaving your account but the actual transaction will be pending. You can contact Bristol Sport to see if they have any letters essentially stating they haven’t received the funds that you can send to your bank for them to claw the funds back to your account. Alternatively it can take up to a month for payment to decline and funds to be refunded. 

If you call your bank you will more than likely get fobbed off saying you need an authorisation code from Bristol Sport so they can confirm payment. If it is a declined payment for whatever reason Bristol Sport would not have an authorisation code. The problem is general banking staff don’t come across situations like this often but dealing with online and phone payments it happens every day in my job.

So to summarise. It’s not the clubs fault, it’s not the shit ticketing system so can people relax a bit. Have some breakfast and you have ST so you WILL get a ticket to enjoy the game.

Good day all :sub:

Archived