IGNORED

Holden - Bury Job

Kingswoodactor

25 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Pete O'Rourke on Twitter just said in last half hour that Dean Holden is in the running for the vacant manager's job at Bury.

Hope we hold on to him as we're building something special here, but it must have an appeal to him.

he's quoting click bait central HTTC, 

My son lives a few miles away from the Gigg Lane ground.  The local word is that the owners (allegedly} are running the club into the ground as the premises are worth more as a building plot.

My daughter-in-law went to their club shop last christmas to buy replica shirts etc for her nephews only to find the shelves empty because, apparently, bills had not been paid.

It would seem a good idea to keep well clear of this club  - which is a shame.  So like our own dear neighbours.

17 hours ago, Red Bill said:

My son lives a few miles away from the Gigg Lane ground.  The local word is that the owners (allegedly} are running the club into the ground as the premises are worth more as a building plot.

My daughter-in-law went to their club shop last christmas to buy replica shirts etc for her nephews only to find the shelves empty because, apparently, bills had not been paid.

It would seem a good idea to keep well clear of this club  - which is a shame.  So like our own dear neighbours.

I'd suggest that local word is a complete load of bobbins.  The ground has just become the first cashless stadium in the country (in terms of buying refreshments, not in terms of them being skint!) and the whole reason this thread is here is because they've sacked their manager looking for a change of fortune.  If they were happy to run the club into the ground then they'd have stuck with Clarke and trotted out the line that they fully believed in him even if they didn't.  Let him take them down down deeper and down and then wind the club up.  The fact that they aren't, together with the technical changes at the ground would suggest that the owners are looking to improve, not destroy.  But then what do I know?!? :D

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I'd suggest that local word is a complete load of bobbins.  The ground has just become the first cashless stadium in the country (in terms of buying refreshments, not in terms of them being skint!) and the whole reason this thread is here is because they've sacked their manager looking for a change of fortune.  If they were happy to run the club into the ground then they'd have stuck with Clarke and trotted out the line that they fully believed in him even if they didn't.  Let him take them down down deeper and down and then wind the club up.  The fact that they aren't, together with the technical changes at the ground would suggest that the owners are looking to improve, not destroy.  But then what do I know?!? :D

Given that you have used a typical Lancastrian term to deride something as 'crap' and Bury is located in Greater Manchester, I would hazard a guess that you know quite a bit :whistle:

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I sincerely do hope you are right.

Archived