IGNORED

Best Chinese in south Bristol

Fiale

50 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Hotcha is off the menu...  :yawn:

I used to get it delivered from the one on Baldwin street and it was really good - they then opened one on Liberty Lane Ashton and stopped taking orders from the City centre one directing you to the Ashton branch.  I did not have one decent meal from them, three strikes and they were out.

There used to be one just off of Broadwalk - it was around the back of Lloyds bank somewhere. Having not lived in Bristol for nearly 10 years, I can't remember a: exactly where it is, b: what it was called, or c; if it's any good anymore.

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Used to swear by Dragon Express on Palmyra/Avonleigh. Also Red Hot Goodies on North St opposite the old Gala Bingo. 

Philistine.

Win Tak aka Stella's was the best but she sold up a few months back.

Nothing beats Uncle Wong's though. It was incredible back in the day.

On 14/11/2017 at 18:07, Taz said:

There used to be one just off of Broadwalk - it was around the back of Lloyds bank somewhere. Having not lived in Bristol for nearly 10 years, I can't remember a: exactly where it is, b: what it was called, or c; if it's any good anymore.

That may have been Kam Ming House on Harrowdene Road. There is still a Chinese there but it is called Xing Wang. Been a few times. It's not too bad.

I usually use Wangs in Totterdown (Wells Road) or Happy House on Redcatch Road. The latter does a good Duck and Pork fried rice.

16 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

That may have been Kam Ming House on Harrowdene Road. There is still a Chinese there but it is called Xing Wang. Been a few times. It's not too bad.

I usually use Wangs in Totterdown (Wells Road) or Happy House on Redcatch Road. The latter does a good Duck and Pork fried rice.

Harrowdene Road sounds familiar, probably was that one then.

Archived