IGNORED

One hour programme on Panini football stickers TUESDAY night

Never to the dark side

Brilliant. Mexico 86 was the first collection that I competently completed (there's pictures of me with a euro 84 book but I can't really remember it). Stickers were 12p a packet and my dad had a second job at the time and would get home every Saturday with a pack for me.

All my boys love collecting them and are already taking about next summer!

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Brilliant. Mexico 86 was the first collection that I competently completed (there's pictures of me with a euro 84 book but I can't really remember it). Stickers were 12p a packet and my dad had a second job at the time and would get home every Saturday with a pack for me.

I still need to Poland badge to complete Mexico 86.

I'd have probably got round to buying it on eBay if I knew where the book was.

Panini 84 with mighty teams in the first division like Birmingham City, Luton Town, Notts County, Wolves, Coventry and Ipswich. There was always those stickers that you got continuously. Mine were John Pender (Wolves), Larry Lloyd (Notts County) Manager, Barry Venison (Sunderland), Pat Van Den Hauwe (Birmingham) and John Chiedozie (Notts County).

Weird how you remember this stuff?!

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I still need to Poland badge to complete Mexico 86.

I'd have probably got round to buying it on eBay if I knew where the book was.

I had a Poland badge to swap, but someone nicked it from my classroom drawer. Still bitter about it to this day! Wasn't a certain Dariusz Dziekanowski part of that Poland squad?

4 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

I had a Poland badge to swap, but someone nicked it from my classroom drawer. Still bitter about it to this day! Wasn't a certain Dariusz Dziekanowski part of that Poland squad?

Excellent knowledge, yes he was.

I also remember Cha Bum-kun being in the South Korea squad, oh how i laughed!!

5 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Panini 84 with mighty teams in the first division like Birmingham City, Luton Town, Notts County, Wolves, Coventry and Ipswich. There was always those stickers that you got continuously. Mine were John Pender (Wolves), Larry Lloyd (Notts County) Manager, Barry Venison (Sunderland), Pat Van Den Hauwe (Birmingham) and John Chiedozie (Notts County).

Weird how you remember this stuff?!

I clearly remember a half and half Brighton / Palace shiny badge sticker being sold for £5, would have been 84 / 85 or 85 / 86

Dave Wicks used to get a stash from somewhere and sell them at break times. £5 was a lot of money at the time, but this sticker was like gold dust that particular year. I soon realised if I lied after my paper round and said ' number 32 didn't get their Daily Mail today', I could get back in the shed and grab a handful of packets to share out between my mates

Happy times

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

And me great book.. Hungarian team all looked like serial killers

Whilst not strictly a Panini sticker book the first sticker book I had was for the 1970 World Cup. I had the complete set and wish I still had it. I particularly remember it as it was a surprise birthday present from my late dad and I loved it at the time. I remember liking for some unknown reason the Mexico kit.

Image result for football sticker book world cup 1970Image result for football sticker book world cup 1970

I also had this which had a page for Bristol City:

000_album.JPG

3 hours ago, City Rocker said:

A thousand words but not right now
I've got a few lines on Gerry Gow
I had three in one packet in '78
I went back to the shop in a manner irate
Newsagent said: "Have you got a two pence piece?"
I said: "Yes"
He said: "Go and ring someone who cares"

I was sooooo tempted to post the same song.

3 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Whilst not strictly a Panini sticker book the first sticker book I had was for the 1970 World Cup. I had the complete set and wish I still had it. I particularly remember it as it was a surprise birthday present from my late dad and I loved it at the time. I remember liking for some unknown reason the Mexico kit.

Image result for football sticker book world cup 1970Image result for football sticker book world cup 1970

I also had this which had a page for Bristol City:

000_album.JPG

The Sun encyclopaedia the following season was even better - Big 3D photographs of Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore etc and smaller moving pictures of players doing keepy-ups etc. I lost mine ages ago but picked up a complete one on Ebay a couple of years ago. The same lot also included an incomplete 71-72 Soccerstamp album which, I managed to complete with the stamps from another incomplete one - except 1 stamp which, would you believe it, was Bristol Rovers captain Brian Godfrey!

Also have the Mexico 70 album, it was the first football related thing I did with my Dad so glad I still have it.

Archived