IGNORED

S82 vs Manchester

Jacki

Not sure if this has been covered on the big Manchester thread but thought it would be useful to start a new one so people can see it. 

I uploaded the Manchester game onto my SC yesterday along with my two kids tickets. I didn’t realise until later that one of my lads, who’s only 8, has his allocated seat sat about 15 seats away from me and my other boy. Obviously this would be an issue so I rang the club to ask what’s happening and whether we need to change our tickets. 

I’ve just been told that the Manchester game will be treated ‘in the same fashion’ as all other games and that it will be ok to treat it as unreserved as normal. So we won’t have to worry about not standing  with our usual group of mates etc. 

Good news and a common sense approach I thought. All they need to do now is communicate that clearly before the day now so there are no issues. 

COYR

They are asking for trouble if this is true unless they are only selling 90% of available seats.  Guarantee you will get a group of drunken meat-heads walk in 2 mins before kick off and try and move people from "their" seats because they don't like the remaining options. 

Why did they not just sell in block order from back row to front as they do with Lansdown Upper  - so easy to sort and "police".

33 minutes ago, Neo said:

They are asking for trouble if this is true unless they are only selling 90% of available seats.  Guarantee you will get a group of drunken meat-heads walk in 2 mins before kick off and try and move people from "their" seats because they don't like the remaining options. 

Why did they not just sell in block order from back row to front as they do with Lansdown Upper  - so easy to sort and "police".

I think there would be more issues if they tried to restrict where everyone can sit to be honest. That would require a complete, one off shift in how things work in that area which would be a nightmare to enforce. In any case, there are always more people in there on a match day than have tickets. It’s been absolutely rammed for the last few games, so I don’t think it will be too different to normal.

Whatever way they do things there would be the potential for problems. I think this is a sensible path of least resistance. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Not sure if this has been covered on the big Manchester thread but thought it would be useful to start a new one so people can see it. 

I uploaded the Manchester game onto my SC yesterday along with my two kids tickets. I didn’t realise until later that one of my lads, who’s only 8, has his allocated seat sat about 15 seats away from me and my other boy. Obviously this would be an issue so I rang the club to ask what’s happening and whether we need to change our tickets. 

I’ve just been told that the Manchester game will be treated ‘in the same fashion’ as all other games and that it will be ok to treat it as unreserved as normal. So we won’t have to worry about not standing  with our usual group of mates etc. 

Good news and a common sense approach I thought. All they need to do now is communicate that clearly before the day now so there are no issues. 

COYR

All covered in the Utd thread

@Jacki and @Neo will PM you 

• The topic was locked

Archived