IGNORED

Anyone got a spare 12 thousand pounds for Billy Wedlocks England caps?

Never to the dark side

56 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm sure SL might bid for these to put in our museum ... Oh wait we don't have a museum !!

I was so looking forward to our museum....we have a proud history, we should celebrate it and highlight it. Am I right in thinking it was shelved just so the SC&T could have a private bar?! If so, that is very, very disappointing....

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Such a shame we dont have a club museum. Perfect to go in there.

It is a shame, but at least the supporters club & trust have their own section of the bar, so they don’t have to mix with scummy likes of the rest of us..! 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was so looking forward to our museum....we have a proud history, we should celebrate it and highlight it. Am I right in thinking it was shelved just so the SC&T could have a private bar?! If so, that is very, very disappointing....

Not the reason 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for clarifying Phantom....do you or anyone else know why we haven't got/aren't getting a museum? I offered to help put one together a few years ago, initial enthusiasm and commitment to the notion just seemed to dissolve...or have I missed something?!

There was the area set aside for it. It was even sign posted within the sports bar. 

Then the space was given over to SC&T. 

I don’t know if it scraped for that reason, or it was already decided and then the space given an alternative use. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There was the area set aside for it. It was even sign posted within the sports bar. 

I don’t know if it scraped for that reason, or it was already decided and then the space given an alternative use. 

Yep I was told the original area for it had been given to the SC&T - it seems to have changed now?!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well the SC&T certainly got the area originally put aside for the museum for their bar...according to the minutes of their June meeting: http://bristolcitysupporters.org/minutes-june-2017/

So why was the museum idea shelved?!

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

still think its a ******* travesty the pub was demolished and **** all been done since

Disgraceful, pity it wasn't listed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4765746/Work-begins-rebuild-historic-Kilburn-pub.html

William Wedlock made 26 appearances for England, so this is only a small selection of his caps.  Some of them look a little worn, so I presume the owners decided to cash out on them, and probably kept hold of the others.  Of course if these sell for a tidy sum, then perhaps we'll see more show up sometime in the future.  Great for a Bristol City fan with deep deep pockets!

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It is a shame, but at least the supporters club & trust have their own section of the bar, so they don’t have to mix with scummy likes of the rest of us..! 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So you do not know why the supporters club & trust have a facility on matchday but coat them off anyway. Why don't you ask face to face at the meetings you attend with them?

7 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

So you do not know why the supporters club & trust have a facility on matchday but coat them off anyway. Why don't you ask face to face at the meetings you attend with them?

I don’t go to SC&T meetings..?!

Archived