IGNORED

England 2018 World Cup

freezer

• Admin

I only caught the Brazil game but I thought Gomez was fantastic in this game and I really enjoyed watching an England side where all three centre backs looked comfortable on the ball. I really hope Southgate ditches the never will Bet's and takes a fairly youthful squad with one eye on the future. 

I'd love a starting lineup something like this:

Pickford

Gomez Stones Maguire

Dier

Walker Alli Lallana Rose

Kane Rashford

Basically 352 but with Dier sitting a little deeper than the other two midfielders.

31 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I only caught the Brazil game but I thought Gomez was fantastic in this game and I really enjoyed watching an England side where all three centre backs looked comfortable on the ball. I really hope Southgate ditches the never will Bet's and takes a fairly youthful squad with one eye on the future. 

I'd love a starting lineup something like this:

Pickford

Gomez Stones Maguire

Dier

Walker Alli Lallana Rose

Kane Rashford

Basically 352 but with Dier sitting a little deeper than the other two midfielders.

Completely agree. Ditch those that we know are not really good enough at international level and take a chance with some young 'uns who might show potential but certainly capture the supporters imagination more than the bog standard lot we had at the euros. 

The team above looks decent. Although I do like Dier I'd swap him for Wilshere if he was fit and firing on all cylinders- still for me our most gifted player if fit. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Completely agree. Ditch those that we know are not really good enough at international level and take a chance with some young 'uns who might show potential but certainly capture the supporters imagination more than the bog standard lot we had at the euros. 

The team above looks decent. Although I do like Dier I'd swap him for Wilshere if he was fit and firing on all cylinders- still for me our most gifted player if fit. 

Wilshire is by far the best midfielder we have when fully fit, by all accounts he is fit now but can’t get a game 

On 15/11/2017 at 00:37, EmersonsRed said:

Thanks for your input

You are welcome. And thanks for yours......what was it?

On 15/11/2017 at 00:58, Red-Robbo said:

Australia have to play Honduras and New Zealand have to play Peru for the final two places.

Sorry, I didn't  make myself clear. It was in relation to the Home Nations. But thanks for the heads up.

On 15/11/2017 at 01:01, bris red said:

As i said mate after decades and decades of disappointment and hurt i find it admirable anyone can find any motivation for our national team tbh.. that Iceland game was horrendous for me, and that team included the supposedly great hopes of this nation in Ali and Kane. 

Never would i actively wish them to do badly in a tournament, far from it... I just feel that if ever England NEEDED a real good gutsy tournament display (not saying we need to win it) then next year is the year to seriously win back the likes of me and probably millions like me who really dont give a fo0k about them anymore.

I feel your pain and angst Bris. But like City, you have to have the hope. And, support your national team.

I agree with you that we really do need a decent performance this time to restore some faith.

Up the City.....Come on England.

Who knows what can happen?

Irrespective, I'll be supporting England and will be disappointed if we don't do well (I've been disappointed a bit recently but hey hoo, I can still dream)

What I'd like GS to do is base his team on form and not on past glories - he's got to be ruthless to be successful at the national level.
Example: Hart, great in the past, but for me, just not cutting it right now (he had an Ok game against Brazil but just how well is he playing for West Ham at the moment compared to his peers in the Prem).

Stranger things have been known to happen, just look at the Euro 2004 competition, who'd have expected that outcome?
I believe England weren't expected to do well in '66.

Always believe.

:clapping:

Archived