IGNORED

You’re not worthy..!

Bar BS3

So, I can’t be the only person who has a spare Man Utd ticket (my 3 year old son won’t be attending and his ticket can be upgraded to an adult)

Most of my close friends are City STH anyway, so they are sorted. 

Other people I know and a few work colleagues have enquired, but I can’t bring myself to let someone who doesn’t really give a toss about supporting City, have the ticket. 

So, I know there are several posters on here, who are proper City fans, but for varying reasons, may not have the priority status to get a ticket. 

What are people’s thoughts on the best way to decide who “deserves” a ticket..?! Face value, obviously! I have no intention of making profit on it and certainly don’t want some plastic Manc sat in any seats, let alone the one next to mine..!

It will not be sold until any remaining tickets go on general sale and people get their priority. 

Best to wait and see if any members miss out..? Pick my favourite pleading email..? Raffle it for charity amongst those who would like it..? 

What do people reckon is best/fairest..? 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, I can’t be the only person who has a spare Man Utd ticket (my 3 year old son won’t be attending and his ticket can be upgraded to an adult)

Other people I know and a few work colleagues have enquired, but I can’t bring myself to let someone who doesn’t really give a toss about supporting City, have the ticket. 

So, I know there are several posters on here, who are proper City fans, but for varying reasons, may not have the priority status to get a ticket. 

What are people’s thoughts on the best way to decide who “deserves” a ticket..?! Face value, obviously! I have no intention of making profit on it and certainly don’t want some plastic Manc sat in any seats, let alone the one next to mine..!

It will not be sold until any remaining tickets go on general sale and people get their priority. 

Best to wait and see if any members miss out..? Pick my favourite pleading email..? Raffle it for charity amongst those who would like it..? 

Sell it to a plastic manc fan for as much as possible (preferably a Rovers ‘supporting’ one), spend the game giving it the biggun to them (especially as we go 3 up) donate the profit to a worthy cause.

sorted.

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, I can’t be the only person who has a spare Man Utd ticket (my 3 year old son won’t be attending an his ticket can be upgraded to an adult)

What about someone like my daughter (this is not a begging post, but just and example). She has been a season ticket holder for 15 seasons up to this year when she had her first child and costs and time prohibited her buying one (doesn't help that her partner hates football). She has been waiting for a game like this and is gutted she wont be there. 

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I vote for @Port Said Red‘s daughter. 

Would probably be best to organise some sort of pseudo Hunger Games battle in Greville Smyth park.  Ideally you'd have a dozen or so young camera-friendly enthusiasts willing to go to enormous lengths to get a ticket.  For example why not tie the ticket to the tail of a lion and then see who can grab it?

Failing that, a bolt-off of natch.

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

What about someone like my daughter (this is not a begging post, but just and example). She has been a season ticket holder for 15 seasons up to this year when she had her first child and costs and time prohibited her buying one (doesn't help that her partner hates football). She has been waiting for a game like this and is gutted she wont be there. 

A very worthy sounding case. My only question with that would be why someone/anyone in that situation wouldn’t still have got themselves a membership, for exactly this scenario..?

That’s not a criticism, just a genuine question as to why she/anyone, wouldn’t have kept themselves in the priority system. 

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Being a non football fan is one thing, but marrying someone who hates it?

Long term relationships are tough enough without starting off with such a basic incompatability.

Fortunately my wife likes football, and supports BCFC - I really can't imagine being with someone who hated one of my strongest passions.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Being a non football fan is one thing, but marrying someone who hates it?

Long term relationships are tough enough without starting off with such a basic incompatability.

Fortunately my wife likes football, and supports BCFC - I really can't imagine being with someone who hated one of my strongest passions.

my wife hates football, likes soaps and reality TV :( 

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A very worthy sounding case. My only question with that would be why someone/anyone in that situation wouldn’t still have got themselves a membership, for exactly this scenario..?

That’s not a criticism, just a genuine question as to why she/anyone, wouldn’t have kept themselves in the priority system. 

Has to go to the daughter of PSR

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

Selling a ticket, for any value is agaisnt the law.

Ok! 

So anybody buying tickets on behalf of friends, family etc are breaking the law..?

Shouldn’t it then be illegal for anyone to purchase more than 1 ticket per game..?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok! 

So anybody buying tickets on behalf of friends, family etc are breaking the law..?

Shouldn’t it then be illegal for anyone to purchase more than 1 ticket per game..?

In black and white terms yes any resold ticket is - but in reality it's not

You'll open up a real can of worms trying to get someone to "justify" why they should have your ticket

Why not get people to donate say £1 each - pick a winner and all profit goes to CHSW ?

Maybe you can arrange a 'Carabao' style draw.........invite someone along to do the draw who has no relevance to football/cup games (maybe a gas head?), surround it with cheap, tacky décor, talk shite for 15 minutes whilst your mate tries to set up a stream on FB at 3am and then shut it down before coming back on line to announce the ticket has been given to Port Said Red's daughter........bish,bash,bosh!

Archived