IGNORED

You’re not worthy..!

Bar BS3

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok! 

So anybody buying tickets on behalf of friends, family etc are breaking the law..?

Shouldn’t it then be illegal for anyone to purchase more than 1 ticket per game..?

Well yes, if you want to look at it that way.

See what kinglear just put. The law is the law.

The re-sale of football tickets (for any value) is against the law due to safety concerns of 2 sets of supporters mingling in the stands.

Although in reality buying for friends and family happens up and down the country every week.

It's the online and physical touting of tickets that are going to cause the issues.

A quick google search and you can find tickets for this game (in the away end) on sale for upwards of £400 each.

11 minutes ago, KingLear said:

The re-sale of football tickets (for any value) is against the law due to safety concerns of 2 sets of supporters mingling in the stands.

Although in reality buying for friends and family happens up and down the country every week.

It's the online and physical touting of tickets that are going to cause the issues.

A quick google search and you can find tickets for this game (in the away end) on sale for upwards of £400 each.

For sale, maybe. I doubt they will sell for that. It’s just touts “creating a market”

13 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Well yes, if you want to look at it that way.

See what kinglear just put. The law is the law.

I’m pretty sure that selling my spare season ticket allocation, to a City fan, for face value, isn’t going to get me hauled before a jury of my piers..!

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that selling my spare season ticket allocation, to a City fan, for face value, isn’t going to get me hauled before a jury of my piers..!

What would happen, I wonder, if you have it to someone, and then that person bought the lint out of your pocket for roughly the same value as the ticket? 

Would that be breaking the law?

3 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

What would happen, I wonder, if you have it to someone, and then that person bought the lint out of your pocket for roughly the same value as the ticket? 

That’s how they used to get around ticket sales on sites like eBay & gumtree. 

“Pencil/milk bottle top for sale. £200... comes with a free concert/match ticket”..! 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, I can’t be the only person who has a spare Man Utd ticket (my 3 year old son won’t be attending and his ticket can be upgraded to an adult)

Most of my close friends are City STH anyway, so they are sorted. 

Other people I know and a few work colleagues have enquired, but I can’t bring myself to let someone who doesn’t really give a toss about supporting City, have the ticket. 

So, I know there are several posters on here, who are proper City fans, but for varying reasons, may not have the priority status to get a ticket. 

What are people’s thoughts on the best way to decide who “deserves” a ticket..?! Face value, obviously! I have no intention of making profit on it and certainly don’t want some plastic Manc sat in any seats, let alone the one next to mine..!

It will not be sold until any remaining tickets go on general sale and people get their priority. 

Best to wait and see if any members miss out..? Pick my favourite pleading email..? Raffle it for charity amongst those who would like it..? 

What do people reckon is best/fairest..? 

Is it James who posts on here who is an avid fan but can't usually afford to go?

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Reselling it to begin with is against the law, so reselling a resold ticket would also be agaisnt the law.

At no point has the ticket been resold though, the OP has given the ticket away free, and sold the lint in his pocket for the same value as the ticket!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

A very worthy sounding case. My only question with that would be why someone/anyone in that situation wouldn’t still have got themselves a membership, for exactly this scenario..?

That’s not a criticism, just a genuine question as to why she/anyone, wouldn’t have kept themselves in the priority system. 

Generally she uses my ticket for games as I am away with work and I don't think the membership thing has been on our radar. We will have to consider it though. (I will end up paying for it:) )

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Being a non football fan is one thing, but marrying someone who hates it?

Long term relationships are tough enough without starting off with such a basic incompatability.

Fortunately my wife likes football, and supports BCFC - I really can't imagine being with someone who hated one of my strongest passions.

Well she hasn't married him yet so... my wife has only a passing interest and we have been together nearly 35 years. It's cheap on match days for one thing. :)

1 minute ago, Super said:

Sorry probably read it wrong. Read it that you bought the ticket even though you knew your son couldn't go. 

I bought the tickets that my 2 season tickets entitled me to buy. 

I didn’t think at all about whether he’d be going or not. I don’t take him to midweek games, since he started nursery school in September. 

I wouldn’t be keen on taking him to a game that will finish so late anyway and I certainly don’t want to be baby sitting a tired, grumpy, bored & cold 3 year old while I’m trying to experience on of our biggest fixtures in the 30 years I’ve been supporting City. 

So, hence trying to make sure that my spare ticket goes to the “best” possible option and not some nause, who i’dhave to sit next too!

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Being a non football fan is one thing, but marrying someone who hates it?

Long term relationships are tough enough without starting off with such a basic incompatability.

Fortunately my wife likes football, and supports BCFC - I really can't imagine being with someone who hated one of my strongest passions.

I can't think of anything worse than taking the other half to football! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I didn’t think at all about whether he’d be going or not. I don’t take him to midweek games, since he started nursery school in September. 

I wouldn’t be keen on taking him to a game that will finish so late anyway and I certainly don’t want to be baby sitting a tired, grumpy, bored & cold 3 year old while I’m trying to experience on of our biggest fixtures in the 30 years I’ve been supporting City. 

So, hence trying to make sure that my spare ticket goes to the “best” possible option and not some nause, who i’dhave to sit next too!

Guess that rules most of this forum out then :) 

Well, if you'll just bear with me, I think I've devised a fair and equitable system of choosing who should get the ticket.  It's based on age, distance from the stadium, height,  number of children, ho...... Look to cut a long story short, it's me. I was as stunned as you are, which is why I demanded a recount. But blow me, if it didn't come out as me again! So would you like to email the ticket or send it by post? 

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not having a go mate just find it a bit strange. Each to their own.

2 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Well, if you'll just bear with me, I think I've devised a fair and equitable system of choosing who should get the ticket.  It's based on age, distance from the stadium, height,  number of children, ho...... Look to cut a long story short, it's me. I was as stunned as you are, which is why I demanded a recount. But blow me, if it didn't come out as me again! So would you like to email the ticket or send it by post? 

Some people will really do anything for a ticket......

24 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Yes. You cannot even give it away- s166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. The club are not breaking any law because they are authorised to sell tickets. Note that the legislation only applies to football matches... how nice. 

8 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

I'd rather not!

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well she hasn't married him yet so... my wife has only a passing interest and we have been together nearly 35 years. It's cheap on match days for one thing. :)

As long as there's no hassle when you want to go to matches, want to watch football on TV,  listen to it on the radio, spend time on OTIB, talk about it when you're out etc...

Passing interest, likely to be no problem, but it's a big thing to actively hate football if you're with a football fan because it will be a big part of their lives.

Archived