IGNORED

You’re not worthy..!

Bar BS3

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it James who posts on here who is an avid fan but can't usually afford to go?

It is me this season,

Had a season ticket last year but work situation put an end to that.

However I think @Port Said Red's daughter sounds like a very worthy person for this offer to go out to. My sister recently had her first child and I have seen how much it has taken out of her, so a night off for PSRs daughter would undoubtedly be a welcome treat for her.

Kudos to @Bar BS3 for doing this, regardless of who does or doesn't get it.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Maybe you can arrange a 'Carabao' style draw.........invite someone along to do the draw who has no relevance to football/cup games (maybe a gas head?), surround it with cheap, tacky décor, talk shite for 15 minutes whilst your mate tries to set up a stream on FB at 3am and then shut it down before coming back on line to announce the ticket has been given to Port Said Red's daughter........bish,bash,bosh!

But you have to recover the air fare to Thailand and back .

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Being a non football fan is one thing, but marrying someone who hates it?

Long term relationships are tough enough without starting off with such a basic incompatability.

Fortunately my wife likes football, and supports BCFC - I really can't imagine being with someone who hated one of my strongest passions.

Try having a husband who's a gashead!

18 minutes ago, Super said:

I can't think of anything worse than taking the other half to football! 

Depends on your other half I suppose.

My wife of 32 years is the younger sister of a City fan friend, and one of the first times I met her was when she unexpectedly turned up on a mini bus to Wolves when someone dropped out.

Always enjoyed going down the pub with our group before games, still keen on City and football generally -  can't fault her really! :yes:

If even giving the ticket away is illegal, and if the club are letting you upgrade a childs ST place to an adult ticket, then how exactly are you supposed to use it without breaking the law?

If you are upgrading to an adult ticket then the OP can give that ticket to whomever he damn well chooses so far as I can see, otherwise the club are ripping him off by letting him pay the upgrade and then not letting anyone but his son use it!

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I go with my fiance shes next to me in my avatar. City is the only thing we ever argue about! 

Its good not to have to battle to put the footie on at home!

That's fair enough. I actually don't mind that my other half has no interest she can do her thing then. A man needs his own space! :yes:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Depends on your other half I suppose.

My wife of 32 years is the younger sister of a City fan friend, and one of the first times I met her was when she unexpectedly turned up on a mini bus to Wolves when someone dropped out.

Always enjoyed going down the pub with our group before games, still keen on City and football generally -  can't fault her really! :yes:

I wonder if when he invited his little sister along, he expected his mate to get stuck in..?! :thumbsup:

Anyone who is willing to pay in the hundreds for this game is a tool. Yes I've been waiting for a game like this since I was eight years old too but you could just go watch United at Swansea or something if you were that desperate. Saying you got into the home end and supported United will just get you made fun of for paying so much for your ticket in the first place. Really hoping the club will be dealing with this issue with no messing about. If they catch you selling your ticket is cancelled. If they catch you in the home end, you're kicked out on the night.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If even giving the ticket away is illegal, and if the club are letting you upgrade a childs ST place to an adult ticket, then how exactly are you supposed to use it without breaking the law?

If you are upgrading to an adult ticket then the OP can give that ticket to whomever he damn well chooses so far as I can see, otherwise the club are ripping him off by letting him pay the upgrade and then not letting anyone but his son use it!

I think we’ve established that it’s not against the law. 

Not in real life, anyway..! 

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

I have a problem too, me and my adult so take up 3 seats between us

It doesn’t sound like you and your son have a problem. 

The person who buys the ticket next to you may have..! 

Has anyone ever been ejected from a sell out match for being too... “big boned” before..?!

I know on airlines, if you can’t fit in one seat, then you have to purchase 2! I’d say the day that anybody who needs to do that, should really take it as a hint that they should pop along to the local weight watchers meeting..! 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Why would you even marry such a thing! :shocking: :doh: ;) 

Please tell me it was an arranged marriage and you didn’t know of their loyalty beforehand :P 

It makes you wonder, doesn’t it..?!

First date... “hello, you’re a bit of alright! Do you like football?”

”Yes, I support the biggest, best & most well supported club. We are the 6th richest club in the country, you know! I can’t often get into matches because they sell out and I spend the afternoon stood in the car park”

”Bye!” 

15 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Try having a husband who's a gashead!

Even if you change that for 'wife', that's a truly horrific thought.

I once had a Rovers' supporting girlfriend ( 'gashead' didn't exist in those days) who seemed to support them just to annoy her 2 brothers who were City fans.

No big deal until the first time I saw her in her Rovers' scarf - completely off putting, all over.

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

You do know you are breaking the law, and openly admitting you will do so on here?

That's Ok.

The FA will probably exonerate Bar BS3 of any blame, but will send the chap that buys the ticket to Australia on a convict boat.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Even if you change that for 'wife', that's a truly horrific thought.

I once had a Rovers' supporting girlfriend ( 'gashead' didn't exist in those days) who seemed to support them just to annoy her 2 brothers who were City fans.

No big deal until the first time I saw her in her Rovers' scarf - completely off putting, all over.

Saturday's certainly fun in our house !

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Red Homer said:

At no point has the ticket been resold though, the OP has given the ticket away free, and sold the lint in his pocket for the same value as the ticket!

Sadly, giving away a ticket for free is also against the law.

It's one of a raft of laws that apply only to us hooligans, i.e. football fans, and is in bad need of repeal. It is not an offence to pass on tickets for any other sport or event.

Back to the OP's question, however: I'd say base it on gut feel.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

So, I can’t be the only person who has a spare Man Utd ticket (my 3 year old son won’t be attending and his ticket can be upgraded to an adult)

Most of my close friends are City STH anyway, so they are sorted. 

Other people I know and a few work colleagues have enquired, but I can’t bring myself to let someone who doesn’t really give a toss about supporting City, have the ticket. 

So, I know there are several posters on here, who are proper City fans, but for varying reasons, may not have the priority status to get a ticket. 

What are people’s thoughts on the best way to decide who “deserves” a ticket..?! Face value, obviously! I have no intention of making profit on it and certainly don’t want some plastic Manc sat in any seats, let alone the one next to mine..!

It will not be sold until any remaining tickets go on general sale and people get their priority. 

Best to wait and see if any members miss out..? Pick my favourite pleading email..? Raffle it for charity amongst those who would like it..? 

What do people reckon is best/fairest..? 

What with your best friends all being like minded ST's as well, it's a tough one...if I were you just give it away to some deserving kid, anonymously, then you can skip social media entirely.   

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wonder if when he invited his little sister along, he expected his mate to get stuck in..?! :thumbsup:

He hoped so, I expect..... :whistle2::devil: 

Her brother didn't invite her along, she invited herself when the opportunity presented itself. Iirc. the girls were outnumbered 10:2 on that trip and my wife admitted later that the football was part of the attraction but meeting boys was another.

Probably not that rare with girls that like football.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Her brother didn't invite her along, she invited herself when the opportunity presented itself. Iirc. the girls were outnumbered 10:2 on that trip and my wife admitted later that the football was part of the attraction but meeting boys was another.

But it was you that tipped the scales NTB...................

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I wish we had girls like that on our away days..! 

Archived