IGNORED

Club Made a Mistake With Manchester Tickets?

TBW

Does anyone else think possibly that the club have made a mistake in not making all ST holders and member tickets default to loading onto cards?

A hard copy if an individual game ticket is much easier to sell, list online and post anywhere.

Loading onto the member/ST card puts holders in a more difficult position, cards could get confiscated, don't really want to post them off and to be honest as a buyer there's no proof the game is loaded onto it either.

I'm legitimately concerned Bristol City are going to be looked on very poorly as a fanbase if we get a large number of United fans in the home end and seems this is at least a small thing that could combat a few sales.

13 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Does anyone else think possibly that the club have made a mistake in not making all ST holders and member tickets default to loading onto cards?

A hard copy if an individual game ticket is much easier to sell, list online and post anywhere.

Loading onto the member/ST card puts holders in a more difficult position, cards could get confiscated, don't really want to post them off and to be honest as a buyer there's no proof the game is loaded onto it either.

I'm legitimately concerned Bristol City are going to be looked on very poorly as a fanbase if we get a large number of United fans in the home end and seems this is at least a small thing that could combat a few sales.

I don’t think anyone else really gives a toss about the fixture so can’t see it looking bad on our fan base.

Who really cares apart from City fans; some of which care about the stage in the competition, and some because they’re getting a fizzing in their pants about Manc,and some plastic mancs. I really wouldn’t concern yourself, I don’t think it will effect our standing in the game.

I agree that all the tickets fir ST holders should have been downloaded onto season cards without other options. But not for the OP reasoning; simply to have made it easier for ST holders to get through the process.

As for Manure in the home seats, that will happen whatever the club do as there will always be ways around the blocks that a club put in place to make it City only in three stands.

Agree that loading on to season card should be default for convenience and environmental reasons. But also think it's ok if people wanted a traditional ticket in the post that can be kept as a souvineer (printing off my 'ticket history' off the website isn't quite the same!). Not sure why, as a ST holder, you'd want the print at home option unless giving/selling to someone else.

33 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Who really cares apart from City fans; some of which care about the stage in the competition, and some because they’re getting a fizzing in their pants about Manc,and some plastic mancs. I really wouldn’t concern yourself, I don’t think it will effect our standing in the game.

It'd just be embarrassing for us as a whole that we couldn't fill the stadium with genuine fans and instead Bristol is a city where people are more interested in supporting a team 150 miles away than their own home town team. Rather not be grouped with those people.

Since the load to card process is the same as if you had bought any league cup tickets for the previous home games, why are there so many season ticket holders suddenly unable to remember how they followed it for the Plymouth, Stoke or Palace games?!

I get the point you’re making but really do think that ST holders are the least likely to be selling their tickets on.

These are the people so committed to the club that they stump the money up in advance - often before the previous season has even finished - so as to guarantee their ability to be there for Burton on Friday night. 

Given the absolute dross cup draws we always seem to get I just think this group are very likely to be those first in the queue when the turnstiles open. 

I think people are worrying unnecessarily about Utd fans. Yes - they are most supported club in the world so some of their fans are going to get tickets but I don’t buy into this there will be masses of them all over. Simply can’t see it happening. 

2 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

I get the point you’re making but really do think that ST holders are the least likely to be selling their tickets on.

These are the people so committed to the club that they stump the money up in advance - often before the previous season has even finished - so as to guarantee their ability to be there for Burton on Friday night. 

Given the absolute dross cup draws we always seem to get I just think this group are very likely to be those first in the queue when the turnstiles open. 

I think people are worrying unnecessarily about Utd fans. Yes - they are most supported club in the world so some of their fans are going to get tickets but I don’t buy into this there will be masses of them all over. Simply can’t see it happening. 

Followed, not supported, imo :yes:

17 minutes ago, Abingdon_Red said:

Agree that loading on to season card should be default for convenience and environmental reasons. But also think it's ok if people wanted a traditional ticket in the post that can be kept as a souvineer (printing off my 'ticket history' off the website isn't quite the same!). Not sure why, as a ST holder, you'd want the print at home option unless giving/selling to someone else.

I've used print at home for the previous three homes in this competition when I haven't been in my usual seat. I've added the United game to the season card, but for convenience I've pdf'd my confirmation email and sent it to my phone in case of any issues. I don't think all print at homes will be touted, but agree that it would be the preferred method. Can you imagine the fuss when someone 'sells' the same seat multiple times via print at home! 

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I've used print at home for the previous three homes in this competition when I haven't been in my usual seat. I've added the United game to the season card, but for convenience I've pdf'd my confirmation email and sent it to my phone in case of any issues. I don't think all print at homes will be touted, but agree that it would be the preferred method. Can you imagine the fuss when someone 'sells' the same seat multiple times via print at home! 

They'd be very stupid to do that with their name and seat number on the ticket.

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

Hang on. I understood they load the ticket on to your season card seat anyway? That's what my confirmation email says. 

17 minutes ago, Calculus said:

They'd be very stupid to do that with their name and seat number on the ticket.

Granted. Stupid. But a thought for the criminally inept. 

True scammers would be doctoring a print at home ticket with fake the name, seat number, QR and bar code, and selling bucket-loads from their 'aftermarket ticket site', all whilst being half-way around the world.

I suppose it 'could' reflect poorly on one level if Man United fans get in home ends, celebrate when they score and get a good thumping..

Certain audiences, especially the media may not look too well on that.

IMO, if Manchester fans are found, spotted in home ends they go out no its no buts, no exceptions. Anything else will lead to aggro.

Archived