IGNORED

Club Made a Mistake With Manchester Tickets?

TBW

1 hour ago, jimmyb said:

I get the point you’re making but really do think that ST holders are the least likely to be selling their tickets on.

These are the people so committed to the club that they stump the money up in advance - often before the previous season has even finished - so as to guarantee their ability to be there for Burton on Friday night. 

Given the absolute dross cup draws we always seem to get I just think this group are very likely to be those first in the queue when the turnstiles open. 

I think people are worrying unnecessarily about Utd fans. Yes - they are most supported club in the world so some of their fans are going to get tickets but I don’t buy into this there will be masses of them all over. Simply can’t see it happening. 

You say that but I know of somebody who is willing to sell their ticket as it would contribute strongly towards the price they paid for their half-ST meaning their half-ST would be a bit cheaper for them and they'd still get to see a lot of football for the rest of the season. 

We unfortunately don't all think the same way.

8 minutes ago, Abingdon_Red said:

On my Android phone it takes a while to appear in the text above the options. Very easy to miss! 

Screenshot_20171113-144350.jpg

This didn’t work for me on an iPad, as the “here” didn’t response when pressed, so only option was paper. Have asked the club @AdamB if this is a known issue, perhaps unique to an IPad, but didn’t receive a response.

Personally I’m bored of the criticism of city regarding this fixture. Think they’ve been as fair as possible and no matter what is put in place, away fans will get in the home end if they’re determined enough. Especially fans of the big clubs; something we’ll need to get used to if we ever go up. Smaller clubs that us have managed to cope with it. Don’t panic! 

8 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

This didn’t work for me on an iPad, as the “here” didn’t response when pressed, so only option was paper. Have asked the club @AdamB if this is a known issue, perhaps unique to an IPad, but didn’t receive a response.

That's a shame. Think AdamB has been taking on board feedback on the FAQ thread and was going to make the load to card option more visible. Hopefully making sure it works on iPad will be part of that! Making it the default option would be sensible too.

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

It'd just be embarrassing for us as a whole that we couldn't fill the stadium with genuine fans and instead Bristol is a city where people are more interested in supporting a team 150 miles away than their own home town team. Rather not be grouped with those people.

Who cares? Their choice if they want to be dicks and flog their tickets, not ideal but meh.  Seriously no other clubs fans will give a monkeys about this tie unless we win, then it will just be a stick to beat Manchester with rather than our victory.  

The fact if we do get through this round means that we have to play two legs in the next sort of spoils it for me, I’ll back us all the way over 90 minutes against anyone, who knows what could happen, but home and away?   

And yes I remember Anfield.

30 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Worked fine for me on iPad

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Last season I lost my card and until the renewal a few weeks ago I've been printing my ticket, if made to use the 'load to card' option last season I'd have had to buy a new card for the one fixture. 

Didn't know you could print at home for league games. Useful to know, especially if you lose/forget your card as you say.

An interesting point. Load to card is by far the easiest option anyway so surprised it’s not the default option anyway. 

Regards this game though, how many season ticket holders do you know that would be willing to forego their ticket to sell it to some plastic Manc fan? I don’t know any. 

I imagine 99% of the Manc fans in the home end won’t have sourced their tickets from a STH. 

Having said that, not sure if you get a card for being a member, like a season card? Having a physical membership card that tickets can be loaded on would go a long way to eliminating paper tickets that can be resold.   

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

An interesting point. Load to card is by far the easiest option anyway so surprised it’s not the default option anyway. 

Regards this game though, how many season ticket holders do you know that would be willing to forego their ticket to sell it to some plastic Manc fan? I don’t know any. 

I imagine 99% of the Manc fans in the home end won’t have sourced their tickets from a STH. 

Having said that, not sure if you get a card for being a member, like a season card? Having a physical membership card that tickets can be loaded on would go a long way to eliminating paper tickets that can be resold.   

Yes you do get a card for being a member and yes you can load matches onto your card.

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

People way over estimating the amount of man utd fans in the ' home end'!!

The vast majority of Manchester fans already have their usual seats reserved and waiting for them. 

Right in front of their TV with Sky remote in hand. 

14 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

It'd just be embarrassing for us as a whole that we couldn't fill the stadium with genuine fans and instead Bristol is a city where people are more interested in supporting a team 150 miles away than their own home town team. Rather not be grouped with those people.

We took 45k to a game against Walsall. This club is more than capable of selling out to non-United fans.

If STH choose to give their ticket to a United-supporting friend there isn't much we can do about that, but it doesn't mean we "couldn't" fill it with our own support.

In fact, this is all the more reason why giving your ticket to a United supporter is unfair - because it will likely deny a genuine City supporter.

12 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

You say that but I know of somebody who is willing to sell their ticket as it would contribute strongly towards the price they paid for their half-ST meaning their half-ST would be a bit cheaper for them and they'd still get to see a lot of football for the rest of the season. 

We unfortunately don't all think the same way.

Surely it wouldn’t contribute to the cost of their half season ticket, it would only recoup the money they’d have had to pay for the Man Utd match anyway. 

Or are saying that your friend is a touting, scumbag****..?

I hope the club simply cancel anyone’s season ticket, if they are found to have sold their seat to a non City fan, or are advertising it for sale at above face value + a couple of pints. 

12 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I'm unsure why it wouldn't work for you on iPad. It certainly should do. Could I please ask you to drop supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk a note about this so we can ask the service providers to investigate?

Regards,
Adam

13 hours ago, Big C said:

Wlll there be aggro though? From what I can make out since we’ve drawn them that hoards Of Man Utd fans have been getting in the home ends of all their fixtures up and down the country  but I haven’t seen much about any aggro caused

Yes, there would. IMO.

I mean if they kept silent about it then probably not but if not then they would have to be swiftly removed by stewards, lest there maybe aggro.

I don't think the selling is going to be the issue.. i'm more concerned that e-tickets prove a bit more problematic at the turnstiles and queues could form.  It was not as clear as e-ticket/posted to load to card. Lessons for the future I guess.

8 hours ago, AdamB said:

I'm unsure why it wouldn't work for you on iPad. It certainly should do. Could I please ask you to drop supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk a note about this so we can ask the service providers to investigate?

Regards,
Adam

@54-46 advised he didn’t have a problem, so it must be something to do with me, although I’ve had the same for each cup game.

I’ll leave it for now thanks, don’t want to jinx applying for my semi-final ticket! :whistle:

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely it wouldn’t contribute to the cost of their half season ticket, it would only recoup the money they’d have had to pay for the Man Utd match anyway. 

Or are saying that your friend is a touting, scumbag****..?

Yes.

6 hours ago, Tiree said:

Robin TBW  and Evening Post have something in common; only seem to like to seel papers or opinions and concentrate on minute details; Hardly ever hear either commenting on the all the positives about our club.

Guess i know where their loyalties lie

Just because I post one constructive criticism you question my entire support of the club? 

You had a bad day buddy? Calm down precious.

I don’t know why people think United fans in the home end will be an issue, why would united fans be desperate to see this game? Maybe the odd few but of all my mates who are united fans and rarely if ever see them live, they couldn’t care less about playing “Little Bristol City” or the league cup.

as for the away end, maybe a little respect is due to them as the majority are going to be die hard mancs, not Bristol born plastics.

12 hours ago, Tiree said:

Robin TBW  and Evening Post have something in common; only seem to like to seel papers or opinions and concentrate on minute details; Hardly ever hear either commenting on the all the positives about our club.

Guess i know where their loyalties lie

Talking of "minute details" - there hasn't been a 'paper around here called the Evening Post for many years....

Archived