IGNORED

Same team as Fulham on Sat (bar Bailey)

tinman85

I predict it will be a similar lineup to Fulham. Vyner will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this so expect him to start. Korey, Brownhill and Pack in the midfield with Bobby more of a deep forward. Then Callum and Pato on the wings. Only other way you could do it would be Mags at LB, Korey at RB and JB in CM but feels too many out of position when Vyner is capable at RB. 

I'm worried about the niggly injuries that LJ mentioned, particularly as Bobby seemed to pick up a knock. 

I never thought I'd say this but I feel that BR is a vital player and we'd miss his flair and industry. 

On the other hand, good to know Paterson and Baker are fit.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Yes, need Korey in CM otherwise Bannan will run the show for them. Vyner at RB for me

I think if forestieri was fit, I'd argue for Smith at rb, but he's out still so yeah vyner, who looks much improved on last season when I've seen him this season. Starting to read the game better. 

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

13 hours ago, mozo said:

I'm worried about the niggly injuries that LJ mentioned, particularly as Bobby seemed to pick up a knock. 

I never thought I'd say this but I feel that BR is a vital player and we'd miss his flair and industry. 

On the other hand, good to know Paterson and Baker are fit.

Agree.

Great news that Baker is fit & Paterson is back, but without knowing who the "niggling injuries" are, pretty much everything else is a guess.

Having said that, I'd expect Bryan to revert back to LB and Magnússon to be on the bench.

Personally I would start with Vyner, as with Bailey Wright back for Tuesday it would only be for one game and it would also mean another option in centre midfield or the chance to play 5 there if LJ wished to.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Why not put a team list so us older farts know the team - I can’t remember what I did yesterday let alone who was playing.

We still got Bob Taylor up front?

Is Galley injured then?

50 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Agree.

Great news that Baker is fit & Paterson is back, but without knowing who the "niggling injuries" are, pretty much everything else is a guess.

Having said that, I'd expect Bryan to revert back to LB and Magnússon to be on the bench.

Personally I would start with Vyner, as with Bailey Wright back for Tuesday it would only be for one game and it would also mean another option in centre midfield or the chance to play 5 there if LJ wished to.

Vyner deserves a start, but up against Adam Reach he'll have his work cut out. 

I have gone for reasonable attack considering its at Hillsboro, with Brownhill waiting on the bench

---------------------Fielding

Wright------Flint-------Baker------Bryan

COD-------Smith-------Pack-------Pato

---------------Djuric------Reid

I guess it kind of picks itself now doesnt it. But LJ suggested there were 'a few niggles in the camp' so maybe not.

You're in a good place when you have Brownhill waiting to come on though. Maybe he will sacrifice Djuric for Browny in a 5 man midfield, but either way I can see us getting at least a draw

COYR

• Admin
14 hours ago, Judda said:

I'd  worry about mags after his last performance..

I know game time is needed but 90 mins v Wednesday? Maybe risky...

Judda - spoke to you at work that time!

I don't think that was helped by changing the intended line up 24 hours before the game and Baker having a less than assured game as I believe he was playing through injury. The international break should help us there and see Baker & Flint putting in another confident display and I think that helps those around them play better too.

I'm not saying it's what I'd go with, just that the option is there. If Vyner starts, we got a result with him there against Reading, no reason why we can't against Sheffield too.

Archived