IGNORED

Senior Reds today

Robbored

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Head of communication is the speaker today. 

Any questions?

Thank you Robbo and bless you my Son.

My question is:

Why do they only give a small sip of that communication wine when I go up to the altar.  I want the bloody bottle !!

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Thank you Robbo and bless you my Son.

My question is:

Why do they only give a small sip of that communication wine when I go up to the altar.  I want the bloody bottle !!

Many a true word........

And the prawn sarnies are rubbish!

Just got home from the Senior Reds lunch - Adam Baker the speaker.

He was ok. Fielded various questions in professional manner as you'd expect.

Several interesting points came up - it seems the role of FLO is under review. AB certainly gave impression that it's too much for him to hold down his role as communication officer and the role of FLO. He couldn't/wouldn't  say how or when it will change  tho.

I asked about the awful PA system and that none of us could hear anything clearly and almost got a round of applause with the response to that question.

He agreed that's its poor and said that the club has changed the sound engineering company as the previous lot said it was sorted when clearly it wasn't. We wouldn't have known that as its MKellys area as stadium manager but we've seen/heard bugger all from him for ages. 

Id have thought it was in his remit to keep us fans updated of what is happening to remedy the longstanding issue  but hey-ho.........:dunno:

As for important messages being displayed on the screens - not possible yet as the software isn't running at it's full potential but when it's functioning at its full capacity then that would be possible. 

Other questions about Man Utd tickets and another about BCTV steams only being available outside the UK. AB explained that well and said that it will change next season (I think) when Sky will be able to show all live Championship matches - other than 3pm ko's.

Overall an interesting session I thought but my buddy thought it was boring..........:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Several interesting points came up - it seems the role of FLO is under review. AB certainly gave impression that it's too much for him to hold down his role as communication officer and the role of FLO. He couldn't/wouldn't  say how or when it will change  tho.

I asked about the awful PA system and that none of us could hear anything clearly and almost got a round of applause with the response to that question.

He agreed that's its poor and said that the club has changed the sound engineering company as the previous lot said it was sorted when clearly it wasn't. We wouldn't have known that as its MKellys area as stadium manager but we've seen/heard bugger all from him for ages. 

Id have thought it was in his remit to keep us fans updated of what is happening to remedy the longstanding issue  but hey-ho.........:dunno:

As for important messages being displayed on the screens - not possible yet as the software isn't running at it's full potential but when it's functioning at its full capacity then that would be possible. 

Other questions about Man Utd tickets and another about BCTV steams only being available outside the UK. AB explained that well and said that it will change next season (I think) when Sky will be able to show all live Championship matches - other than 3pm ko's.

Overall an interesting session I thought but my buddy thought it was boring..........:facepalm:

:robbored:

46 minutes ago, Super said:

:robbored:

Not fishing Super. You spend more time that do on here so you should know that the crap sound system is a major bug bearer of mine. I've complained numerous times but it's still crap and I'm pretty confident that it'll be just as crap next home game.

My point was/is that none of us would have known that anything/something was happening because MKelly has not kept us informed. 

I appreciate that he might have been on leave but not the entire time we've not heard from him.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Thanks Robbored, interesting.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not fishing Super. You spend more time that do on here so you should know that the crap sound system is a major bug bearer of mine. I've complained numerous times but it's still crap and I'm pretty confident that it'll be just as crap next home game.

My point was/is that none of us would have known that anything/something was happening because MKelly has not kept us informed. 

I appreciate that he might have been on leave but not the entire time we've not heard from him.

He tried to keep you informed and YOU didn’t show up..! :grr:

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He tried to keep you informed and YOU didn’t show up..! :grr:

I held my hands up to that. Too busy chatting and forgot the time. Got to my seat just the game started.

Btw - it's been done to death............try coming up with something original.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I held my hands up to that. Too busy chatting and forgot the time. Got to my seat just the game started.

Btw - it's been done to death............try coming up with something original.

It’s not a case of being original, or even a dig. 

It’s you that just complained about not hearing from Mark Kelly and I was just reminding you why..! 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you know he didn't announce things over the PA and you just didn't hear :whistle:

10 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Why are there so many spelling and grammar errors in communications coming out of the club?

Spelling I'll accept as this happens from time to time, though we always aim to proof everything. Grammar I'll never accept - I hate bad grammar with a passion. Everyone can always improve. You can always do what @Blagdon Mike does and email me about any errors! We'll always correct mistakes but I hope it's less frequent than you make out. 

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Any reason why the match reports on the web site have halved in length to about 500 words and are of a poorer quality than previous?

Everyone has a different style of writing. Obviously Mark Perrow previously wrote our reports; then I did briefly when he departed for Southampton. Since then James Crawley has joined us (previously Bath Chronice/Cheltenham Town) and he has taken on the role. He hasn't been here long, so don't be too hard on him. Mark had four years-plus here!

Archived