IGNORED

Senior Reds today

Robbored

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Spelling I'll accept as this happens from time to time, though we always aim to proof everything. Grammar I'll never accept - I hate bad grammar with a passion. Everyone can always improve. You can always do what @Blagdon Mike does and email me about any errors! We'll always correct mistakes but I hope it's less frequent than you make out. 

Should there not be a comma after “mistakes”? It looks like an independent clause to me Adam.

1 hour ago, redsontour said:

Should there not be a comma after “mistakes”? It looks like an independent clause to me Adam.

38 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Why are your apostrophes round the wrong way? It hurts my brain! :ph34r:

It must be an international break as the highlights of the forum are independent clauses and reverse apostrophes (a grave accent). Luckily, not long till Saturday  

6 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I don't understand how the 2 roles can be too much for one person TBH.

Conflict of interests. The  two roles should never have been one man. The role of FLO should be someone not employed by the club. An independent person - someone from the SC&T maybe whose hands are not tied by the club as they are in ABs case as they were by his predecessor DL.

That said, AB did say that he has a six day a week job. God only knows how his wife and home life tolerate it!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Conflict of interests. The  two roles should never have been one man. The role of FLO should be someone not employed by the club. An independent person - someone from the SC&T maybe whose hands are not tied by the club as they are in ABs case as they were by his predecessor DL.

That said, AB did say that he has a six day a week job. God only knows how his wife and home life tolerate it!

I disagree, I think the role is one and the same and I certainly don't subscribe to the notion that the FLO should not be employed by the club. Where exactly does the conflict of interest lie ?

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

I disagree, I think the role is one and the same and I certainly don't subscribe to the notion that the FLO should not be employed by the club. Where exactly does the conflict of interest lie ?

The conflict of interest arises because ultimately if someone is paid by the football club, how are they ever able to truly challenge the club on stuff, (when they need challenging in a constructive way) when they’re challenging the people who are paying their wages. The club could say “don’t rock the boat here too much, remember who’s employing you here” any time they wanted to say something the club didn’t agree with, or go against a decision the club had made. 

Adam has enough to do already, this role needs to be filled by someone who is on the level of fans (not a suit or someone corporate, nor someone already with a full time job at the club) and is also allowed to truly challenge the club on issues affecting fans, without risk of being binned off.

With absolutely no disrespect to Adam at all, all it is at the moment is a box ticking exercise in that they’ve been able to say “yep we’ve got an SLO” to fulfil requirements, but the role has no proper teeth or ability in its current form. 

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The conflict of interest arises because ultimately if someone is paid by the football club, how are they ever able to truly challenge the club on stuff, (when they need challenging in a constructive way) when they’re challenging the people who are paying their wages. The club could say “don’t rock the boat here too much, remember who’s employing you here” any time they wanted to say something the club didn’t agree with, or go against a decision the club had made. 

Adam has enough to do already, this role needs to be filled by someone who is on the level of fans (not a suit or someone corporate, nor someone already with a full time job st the club) and is also allowed to truly challenge the club on issues affecting fans, without risk of being binned off.

With absolutely no disrespect to Adam at all, all it is at the moment is a box ticking exercise in that they’ve been able to say “yep we’ve got an SLO” to fulfil requirements, but the role has no proper teeth or ability in its current form. 

I like the way you gently put your @BigTone correct. You'd make a great SLO Dolls.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Adam has enough to do already, this role needs to be filled by someone who is on the level of fans (not a suit or someone corporate, nor someone already with a full time job at the club) and is also allowed to truly challenge the club on issues affecting fans, without risk of being binned off.

:wub:

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Am I getting confused about the roles of a FLO and a SLO ?  Please clarify my beauty xx

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SLO- supporters liaison officer

Perfect job for Dolls I reckon 

Nah. Most down there tolerate me at best. I’m not afraid to say it how it is, so they’d never offer it to me :) 

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Gashead as well isn't he?

For the last time, HE HAS A SEASON TICKET IN THE DOLMAN :grr:

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nah. Most down there tolerate me at best. I’m not afraid to say it how it is, so they’d never offer it to me :) 

Does he moan a lot about the PA system? 

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

If he has one fault, it was his refusal to eat the cucumber in his Luckwell purchased baguette and his insistence on throwing it on the floor next to me.

Thankfully his Space Raiders addicton sees such behaviour jettisoned.

Archived