IGNORED

RedM

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fantastic following !

Lets hope all those that bought "second half season tickets" support the team for more than one cup match in December

Of course the next challenge is getting them all to renew in the future

Shouldn't be a problem, as we'll be playing Manchester at least twice next season 

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Well this is crazy really. Rovers sold their most ever season tickets this year 5,410, we nearly have 10,000 more. 

So you could say that we have 3x as many fans as the gas, or that our fanbase is 200% greater than theirs, or that 3 out 4 Bristolians support City.  There are so many ways to say this that it's hard to choose just one.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So you could say that we have 3x as many fans as the gas, or that our fanbase is 200% greater than theirs, or that 3 out 4 Bristolians support City.  There are so many ways to say this that it's hard to choose just one.

They do like quarters mind...

12 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Well this is crazy really. Rovers sold their most ever season tickets this year 5,410, we nearly have 10,000 more. 

...but that s only season tickets for those inside the ground.

They've sold another 10,000 to those that are left outside.

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Pah its sill only 0.0408 of a Tilson. 

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

As people have said,  darn good news indeed. Anyone know how many season ticket holders we had before the half season ones were available. 

Not for this season, but thought it interesting comparing to when the rebuild was taking place

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bristol-city-season-tickets-to-be-capped-at-12-500/

Bristol City will cap season tickets for 2015/16 at 12,500, with fewer than 700 left available for sale.

The season ticket deadline remains April 30th, but sales could be stopped earlier due to high demand during the general sale period.

Of all season tickets bought to date, more than a third have been purchased via the new online system.

The new South Stand and Atyeo Stand singing section sold out last week, quickly followed by the Family Corner. The only seats that remain are in the Dolman Stand, which will be reopened in full for the new campaign.

Andrew Billingham, Bristol Sport chief executive, said: “Everyone is absolutely delighted with the response from the fanbase and we can look forward to many more packed houses in the new season.

“To have our new Family Corner sold out shows we are really looking after the fans of the future. Understandably the new South Stand and the Atyeo Stand signing section have also proved extremely popular.

“At present we’re working towards a deadline of April 30th, but if sales continue at the current pace then it’s likely we’ll bring it to an end before then, given our reduced capacity for next season.”

Fantastic number.  I see the article states that there has also been a "huge lift" in member sales.  As I've just pointed out on the United thread, my suggestion that not all members were guaranteed a ticket was mocked by some but - when also considering the Bristol Rugby season ticket holders - it doesn't seem unreasonable to me now.  In fact I'd suggest any new members who haven't been to any other games at all may well struggle.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's quite a number.

Wonder how that compares to other clubs in the division. 

Don't Norwich sell about 23,000 season tickets every season?

Mind you they do an East Anglian family deal - buy a season ticket and the whole family get one free, so they only actually get paid for about 100!

!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Fantastic number.  I see the article states that there has also been a "huge lift" in member sales.  As I've just pointed out on the United thread, my suggestion that not all members were guaranteed a ticket was mocked by some but - when also considering the Bristol Rugby season ticket holders - it doesn't seem unreasonable to me now.  In fact I'd suggest any new members who haven't been to any other games at all may well struggle.

I wonder how many members have now bought a half season season card? Presumably they should still only be able to buy one ticket for the Man U match before general sale (but guess it depends if they used the same supporter id)?

If so, would reduce the number of "eligible" members for the priority period. If not, it wouldn't seem right that they could buy two tickets in the priority period (one for season card, one with membership).

1 minute ago, Abingdon_Red said:

I wonder how many members have now bought a half season season card? Presumably they should still only be able to buy one ticket for the Man U match before general sale (but guess it depends if they used the same supporter id)?

If so, would reduce the number of "eligible" members for the priority period. If not, it wouldn't seem right that they could buy two tickets in the priority period (one for season card, one with membership).

They'll be able to buy one per supporter ID.  On the assumption that they've used the same one then they'll still only get one ticket.  If they've been sneaky and used a different name and/or address, they'll be able to buy two - but I don't think you can really blame the club for that.  At the end of the day it's down the individuals to do the right thing so everyone gets a fair chance of a ticket.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If they've been sneaky and used a different name and/or address, they'll be able to buy two - but I don't think you can really blame the club for that.  At the end of the day it's down the individuals to do the right thing so everyone gets a fair chance of a ticket.

Agreed! So on that count then the number of "eligible" members for the Man U priority period will not include members that have bought a half season card so will slightly offset the "surge" in membership sales.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I was predicting general sale (albeit with limited number), not so sure now. 

Guess the appetite of rugby fans to attend will be a factor in that.

I think the appeal of United will draw in plenty of rugby STH with a very casual interest in football, in a way that no ordinary league game ever would.  I'd be very surprised if the game made general sale in light of today's announcement.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Fantastic following !

Lets hope all those that bought "second half season tickets" support the team for more than one cup match in December

Of course the next challenge is getting them all to renew in the future

Can we please dispel this rumour. 

No one will pay £199 for a half season ticket, and £30 for a United ticket (£230) just to go to one game. 

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Can we please dispel this rumour. 

No one will pay £199 for a half season ticket, and £30 for a United ticket (£230) just to go to one game. 

Exactly. It would be far cheaper for someone to buy a membership and 3 kids tickets if they had that intention anyway

Archived