IGNORED

RedM

39 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Capacity inc segregation is around 26,500.

26,500 - 2,600 United fans = 23,900

23,900 - 15,300 = 8,600

That assumes, of course, that all ST holders purchase a ticket for the Newton Heath game. I know at least two that are not going due to holiday commitments.

[edit: missed the comment @Kid in the Riot was replying to, thus simply created a circular argument: ignore and as you were.]

Whichever way you slice it 15,300 STHs for a mediocre championship side that just stayed up last season is bloody impressive. I know we`re having a good year and we`re playing Manchester which will have affected things but I bet a lot of other comparable clubs with similar sized grounds in this league would love those figures. Does anyone know how many STs the likes of Forest, Fulham, QPR, Ipswich or Reading have sold?

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

As people have said,  darn good news indeed. Anyone know how many season ticket holders we had before the half season ones were available. 

I believe it was just over 13,000. That was a reduction from the previous season's 14,300 approx.

The biggest benefit from this cup run and of course the match with Manchester, is that if we continue our good league form, we may have recruited more regulars than just a good season in the league would have. 

As others have said, it'll be interesting to see how many renew in the summer. The extra numbers may just be those who would pay on the day but once an ST holder, it's a wrench to give it up especially if we continue to improve, but also that you gain friendships around your seat and these disappear if you have to move. Never forget the "social" side.

27 minutes ago, Selred said:

Can we please dispel this rumour. 

No one will pay £199 for a half season ticket, and £30 for a United ticket (£230) just to go to one game. 

Agree. But they will if they were considering, perhaps, going to 2 or 3 more before the end of the season. 

43 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think the appeal of United will draw in plenty of rugby STH with a very casual interest in football, in a way that no ordinary league game ever would.  I'd be very surprised if the game made general sale in light of today's announcement.

Unfortunately a decent number of these may well support Manchester...

37 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Comfortably given that the club will now include that extra 1,800 in every attendance regardless of who actually turns up.

But many of those 1,800 will no doubt have been attending games anyway. Not every game, but our crowds won't go up by exactly 1,800 if you see what I mean. 

25 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dont forget there will be a lot of hospitality packages to come out of that 8600

If they're not included in ST sales/already purchased seats then that would be another 1,000, you're right. So potentially just 7,600.

46 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think the appeal of United will draw in plenty of rugby STH with a very casual interest in football, in a way that no ordinary league game ever would.  I'd be very surprised if the game made general sale in light of today's announcement.

Good call as Bris ST holders are automatically members. There are those who support City or Bris that will never be interested in attending the other code, but among the rest, there will be a good percentage who will take an interest in many sports other than their own favourite. Even if only a few hundred get tickets for the alternate code, it's good to see "bums on seats" rather than empty ones.

Very importantly, the more we have games with large attendances and no crowd problems, the more likely, some rugby fans, are to attend. Some twenty years and more since the height of hooliganism and some still believe it's not very safe to attend a football game.

I was looking at a half season card today - looking at the singing section and mentions that it's still all unreserved (S25 & S26), presumably that means that it's not sold out there then?

I thought an actual seat number was assigned, especially with all the heavy handed stewarding/police presence in there recently.

3 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

I was looking at a half season card today - looking at the singing section and mentions that it's still all unreserved (S25 & S26), presumably that means that it's not sold out there then?

I thought an actual seat number was assigned, especially with all the heavy handed stewarding/police presence in there recently.

You get assigned a seat number but it’s unreserved in that section. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's excellent news! Great sales.

Would be interesting to know the breakdown of season tickets to half season tickets- simply because I recall a certain number on here saying they were not renewing at various stages last season.

Time to move on now, don't you think?

Perhaps this ST boost is recognition of our league position and the added bonus of a glamorous cup tie with one eye on us achieving a play off place and a guaranteed seat should we look ever more likely to be in that enviable position?

shoukd we reach the promised land by some minor miracle at least those of us with a ST are in prime position for a season of Premier league football and not have to clamour for whatever the club make available - I know it’s only November but wishful thinking!!

It's an amazing amount, but I'm thinking with so many ST holders now what will the club do if we get another big game at some point, an away game? Tickets are going to be much harder to get perhaps? Ah well, think about that when it happens. Glad our ground will look fuller, hopefully, if people turn up on a wet February night as well as Man U.

16 minutes ago, Neo said:

The people going on about Rugby ST holders do realise that they also needed to have attended 4 City games to be part of the priority groups don’t they? It would seem not based on some comments I have seen.

No being a member still gives you priority before it goes to general sale 

5 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Well this is crazy really. Rovers sold their most ever season tickets this year 5,410, we nearly have 10,000 more. 

The funny thing is, as you rightly say AP, that number is a record for them.

They were anticipating another "successful" (by their standards) season !

:rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

No being a member still gives you priority before it goes to general sale 

Rightly so, but anyone who watches us would be foolish not to have a membership. 

Their choice, of course. But they can’t be expecting any level of priority without one. 

Archived