IGNORED

RedM

5 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Well this is crazy really. Rovers sold their most ever season tickets this year 5,410, we nearly have 10,000 more. 

Actually that kinda backs up my point over on the Gas Dustbin Lid thread; they have latent support however much smaller than City's it is there and its growing even with awful facilities.

20 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

The funny thing is, as you rightly say AP, that number is a record for them.

They were anticipating another "successful" (by their standards) season !

:rofl2br:

To be fair, 5,000 is a good number for them. It will be interesting to see how many renew, IF they still exist next season, after all the broken promises.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

It's an amazing amount, but I'm thinking with so many ST holders now what will the club do if we get another big game at some point, an away game? Tickets are going to be much harder to get perhaps? Ah well, think about that when it happens. Glad our ground will look fuller, hopefully, if people turn up on a wet February night as well as Man U.

Season ticket 'plus' priority? 

2 hours ago, Neo said:

The people going on about Rugby ST holders do realise that they also needed to have attended 4 City games to be part of the priority groups don’t they? It would seem not based on some comments I have seen.

Well aware of that. I was arguing against the suggestion that merely being a member - whether you've been to a game or not - would mean you could relax knowing you will get a ticket. I don't believe that to be the case.

Also worth pointing out that there will be a few rugby STH who have been to a City game this season - or possibly even four!

2 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

Anybody who buys a half season ticket to get a Man Utd ticket is a loser FACT.  Anybody seen Bradford City season ticket sales?  Amazing ... but it's the price that counts.  No club will sell out 100% to season ticket holders because club shop sales would slump FACT.  Even the top Prem clubs leave a few tickets for casual visitors who then spend hundreds in the Megastore.  FACT I have escaped this addiction and enjoy the non league game as you know.  No segregation, no alcohol ban, cash turnstiles, easy access to games, parking is free FACT And most teams play local players Q&A How many City players were born within 50 miles of Ashton Gate??

Sorry to burst your bubble but writing "FACT" after a subjective opinion doesn't make it any more of a fact. FACT.

I posted this (below) on another thread which I started, it is related to this topic, as the impressive 15300 may be the answer. Just wondering if anyone here had an opinion or anything to add.

Anyone know/care to guess what the magic number/tipping point is before the club decide to sell season tickets in the Upper Lansdown next season and have it permanently open?

If we were to finish as we have started and end up top 6, but fail to get promoted do you think that if they had 15k  season card customers by early August 2018 they would let people purchase/transfer to the best seats in the house (imho, with regards to view, not necessarily atmosphere).

I’m sure if promoted they’ll open the top tier, but knowing that our average gates are on the rise and will likely exceed 20k this season should they let us buy up top and if so when? At early bird renewal time, or once we’ve hit the magic number?

I’d like to think someone has crunched the numbers and said that if we average over 20k, including circa 15k season ticket holders plus members then it should happen, the extra revenue should cover the extra staffing costs comfortably.

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

Anybody who buys a half season ticket to get a Man Utd ticket is a loser FACT.  Anybody seen Bradford City season ticket sales?  Amazing ... but it's the price that counts.  No club will sell out 100% to season ticket holders because club shop sales would slump FACT.  Even the top Prem clubs leave a few tickets for casual visitors who then spend hundreds in the Megastore.  FACT I have escaped this addiction and enjoy the non league game as you know.  No segregation, no alcohol ban, cash turnstiles, easy access to games, parking is free FACT And most teams play local players Q&A How many City players were born within 50 miles of Ashton Gate??

Do they not have a forum where you can bore people instead?

2 hours ago, oldrosie said:

Anybody who buys a half season ticket to get a Man Utd ticket is a loser FACT.  Except someone who was thinking of getting one anyway and the ManU game is something that tipped the balance 

Anybody seen Bradford City season ticket sales?  Amazing ... but it's the price that counts.  But are they real fans? Or only going because it's cheap?

No club will sell out 100% to season ticket holders because club shop sales would slump FACT. Actually , they won't sell out because you have to keep some back for PotD . Nothing to do with shopping.

Even the top Prem clubs leave a few tickets for casual visitors who then spend hundreds in the Megastore.  FACT Same as above

I have escaped this addiction and enjoy the non league game as you know.  No segregation, no alcohol ban, That depends how high up the 'Non League you go

cash turnstiles, easy access to games, parking is free FACT Not a fact , some places I imagine you do have to pay.

And most teams play local players Q&A How many City players were born within 50 miles of Ashton Gate?? 2 regular starters at the mo , academy looking good so fingers crossed for more.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

Fantastic following !

Lets hope all those that bought "second half season tickets" support the team for more than one cup match in December

Of course the next challenge is getting them all to renew in the future

One of those new ST holders here. I play every Saturday but worked out I can get to at least 4 of the home games, plus a couple away and if we make the promised land I may give up playing next season!

impressive numbers though and I agree I hope we see a number of them for the rest of the season, let’s hipe we can give them a few performances to encourage it between now and Christmas

Surely anyone who can make and would attend at least half of the remaining home games (from Reading onwards) would be a complete mug not to get a half season ticket..? 

Works out about the same price, plus you could go to all the other games if you can. The priority privillages for upcoming fixtures, home & away, plus first dibs on next season IF it comes to that! Plus discount around the ground. Plus saving the hassle. Plus being sure of a decent seat whenever you can go. 

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely anyone who can make and would attend at least half of the remaining home games (from Reading onwards) would be a complete mug not to get a half season ticket..? 

Works out about the same price, plus you could go to all the other games if you can. The priority privillages for upcoming fixtures, home & away, plus first dibs on next season IF it comes to that! Plus discount around the ground. Plus saving the hassle. Plus being sure of a decent seat whenever you can go. 

Depends how you look at it. With my membership, I already save £6 a game (by printing e-tickets), and have been to 9 of 11 home matches this season (including the £10 bring a mate scheme for Derby which saved me even more). Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to hand - especially at this time of year - to invest in a half ST, especially as I don't know what my availability will be like and what expendable cash I have. As much as I'd love to.

Also, I have a few friends and a partner who come intermittently, and me getting a half ST on my own would make it more hassle to get seats together on the occasions we do go together.

I was a season ticket holder for nearly 10 seasons previously, but due to other commitments and living in Nottingham for a bit, chose to cancel and head to more away games under the pretence that I'd go when I was free and could afford it.

If all goes to plan, I'll go to as many of the remaining games this season as I have already, but personally, would much rather the freedom of being able to go if and when time/money affords me to, and be able to go with others who may choose not to get a ST themselves.

Everyone's situation differs massively; there are pros and cons to every situation. Branding someone a complete mug because they don't subscribe to the same thought process as others seems a bit strong.

16 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Depends how you look at it. With my membership, I already save £6 a game (by printing e-tickets), and have been to 9 of 11 home matches this season (including the £10 bring a mate scheme for Derby which saved me even more). Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to hand - especially at this time of year - to invest in a half ST, especially as I don't know what my availability will be like and what expendable cash I have. As much as I'd love to.

Also, I have a few friends and a partner who come intermittently, and me getting a half ST on my own would make it more hassle to get seats together on the occasions we do go together.

I was a season ticket holder for nearly 10 seasons previously, but due to other commitments and living in Nottingham for a bit, chose to cancel and head to more away games under the pretence that I'd go when I was free and could afford it.

If all goes to plan, I'll go to as many of the remaining games this season as I have already, but personally, would much rather the freedom of being able to go if and when time/money affords me to, and be able to go with others who may choose not to get a ST themselves.

Everyone's situation differs massively; there are pros and cons to every situation. Branding someone a complete mug because they don't subscribe to the same thought process as others seems a bit strong.

I wasn’t branding you, or anyone else “a complete mug” specifically. 

It was a turn of phrase. Perhaps “it’s a no brainer” would be more appropriate. 

Clearly the membership works for you, that’s great! I was meaning specifically those who know they’d be going to at least half the remaining games. It’s just got so many benefits for them. 

21 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unfortunately a decent number of these may well support Manchester...

Why would Bristolian season ticket holders at Bristol Rugby support Manure instead of their local football teams? Possibly more likely to be Gas due to where the Mem is?

But I've met enough Bris fans since their club came to play at Ashton Gate, to know that while many don't support us, they do take an interest and want a Bristol team to be successful. In the same way that many City fans want Bristol Rugby to do well.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Why would Bristolian season ticket holders at Bristol Rugby support Manure instead of their local football teams? Possibly more likely to be Gas due to where the Mem is?

But I've met enough Bris fans since their club came to play at Ashton Gate, to know that while many don't support us, they do take an interest and want a Bristol team to be successful. In the same way that many City fans want Bristol Rugby to do well.

I am just thinking of those I work with. 

If they are a representative sample, they have a liking for rugby...and Manchester.

A certain % will be Gas for sure, but may have Manchester as their PL side, their 2nd side. I knew one who was Gas and supported Newcastle as their glory team- no major or even decent trophy since 1968?? #Gaslogic

18 hours ago, oldrosie said:

A very good attempt, but you need to up your game if you want to compete with some of the world class fishermen on here:robbored:

4 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Bang on how I feel about the egg chasers. I'd like them to do well because I've got pride in my City. Assume it's the same the other way.

Archived