IGNORED

How many tickets/season cards sales required before Upper Lansdown are available to buy?

zombie

Anyone know/care to guess what the magic number is season tickets sold/tipping point is before the club decide to sell season tickets in the Upper Lansdown next season and have it permanently open?

If we were to finish as we have started and end up top 6, but fail to get promoted do you think that if they had 15k  season card customers by early August 2018 they would let people purchase/transfer to the best seats in the house (imho, with regards to view, not necessarily atmosphere).

I’m sure if promoted they’ll open the top tier, but knowing that our average gates are on the rise and will likely exceed 20k this season should they let us buy up top and if so when? At early bird renewal time, or once we’ve hit the magic number?

I’d like to think someone has crunched the numbers and said that if we average over 20k, including circa 15k season ticket holders plus members then it should happen, the extra revenue should cover the extra staffing costs comfortably.

Also, do you think the club would allow full season ticket holders purchase priority over half season glory boys (tongue firmly in cheek) in the event of opening the top tier? Some of us supported City before we were doing well and playing Manchester, I think we deserve first dibs, the same goes for away tickets for the rest of this season in the event of high demand (that’s two slightly different topics at the end).

With 15,300 St holders and 3,700 in the away end, we must be pretty close I should think as that's 19,000 sold  / unable to be sold seats and with only 23,300 home tickets available, taking off the 4,500 (?) in the top tier, there are only 3,500 tickets available without using it. Whether the club will sell ST's up there next season (apart from the family section) would probably depend on which division we're in as I can't see them being available as a Championship club although it might be regularly opened at a premium price. If we were to go up, I would have thought they would be available although, as Mr P states, 5% have to be available for POTD (1,350). 

Going by those figures, assuming we keep the Atyeo as 'away' only, we could sell just shy of 22,000 (27000-(3700+1350)) ST's. If we were a Premier league club, I would be amazed if we didn't sell that many. That equates to less than 17,500 without using the top tier.

Hypothetically speaking... do clubs need to make 5% of seats available in each stand/price category, or COULD we sell the entire lower bowl out to STH and only have the top priced tickets available (Lansdown upper) for POTD..? 

I am not suggesting that we should do this, just wondering if we could, or do the rules state that there need to be 5% of each price category left available..?? 

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Hypothetically speaking... do clubs need to make 5% of seats available in each stand/price category, or COULD we sell the entire lower bowl out to STH and only have the top priced tickets available (Lansdown upper) for POTD..? 

I am not suggesting that we should do this, just wondering if we could, or do the rules state that there need to be 5% of each price category left available..?? 

i thought it was 10% available for Potd not 5

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i thought it was 10% available for Potd not 5

So did I to be fair Monkeh. That just makes it more likely that the top tier will become available although, after going up there twice, I didn't particularly like it but the view is superb.

27,000 - 3,700 (away) - 2,700 (10%) = 20,600. Take off 15,300 ST's = 5,300, take off the top tier (4,500?) =800. They're gonna have to open it if ST sales stay this high then.

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

With 15,300 St holders and 3,700 in the away end, we must be pretty close I should think as that's 19,000 sold  / unable to be sold seats and with only 23,300 home tickets available, taking off the 4,500 (?) in the top tier, there are only 3,500 tickets available without using it. Whether the club will sell ST's up there next season (apart from the family section) would probably depend on which division we're in as I can't see them being available as a Championship club although it might be regularly opened at a premium price. If we were to go up, I would have thought they would be available although, as Mr P states, 5% have to be available for POTD (1,350). 

Going by those figures, assuming we keep the Atyeo as 'away' only, we could sell just shy of 22,000 (27000-(3700+1350)) ST's. If we were a Premier league club, I would be amazed if we didn't sell that many. That equates to less than 17,500 without using the top tier.

1'000 or so families up in the UL already so take into the equation.

20 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

1'000 or so families up in the UL already so take into the equation.

Of course! I would imagine that's part of the 15,300 though. They'll HAVE to fully open it if the figures stay as they are, I can't see any other option TBH.

SL did say 'build it and they will come' and he's being proven right. New 2 tier Atyeo anyone? :) Where else can we possibly expand? 

Archived