IGNORED

Car Tax

Lanterne Rouge

Add in the need to pay for tax when transferring ownership (and netting the Government a little tickle for all the extra when rounding up to the nearest month, not refunding the first owners) and you have an insight into the dealings of the bean counters in Whitehall. It's a simple world when you make the rules...

I work in a school and there is a parent who drives around in a car with no tax or mot, and has done for about 6 months at least. Also occasionally drive a different car that also has no tax or mot.

We've reported it, even giving the exact times it will be outside the school am and pm, and nothing has happened. Car is usually overloaded as well, ridiculous.

No tax + no mot = no insurance.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yea but that new advert says they’ll take the car off the road :blink:

DVLA, like DVSA are very thin on staff.

Another thanks to the government.

Eventually. Around last Easter there was a car clamped for having no tax in a road I often walk along, a quiet side street where parking is very hard to come by, so I guess it must have annoyed the person in the house it was outside of, unless it was theirs. Anyway it sat there all Summer and was only moved early September I would guess. The sticky label they slap on the windscreen that nobody can ever remove was eroded away by the weather. Sat there for a good 5 months. And it was on a public road not private property so I guess council/DVLA were the clampers. It was a Toyota (something) about 7 years old and looked not in bad nick really.

8 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Car has been parked at the bottom of the road I live in and not moved for about a month I have checked online it’s not taxed, insured or mot. 

I reported it online about a week ago it’s still sat their. 

Part of me thinks I should have a word with a mate who does banger racing...

Sausage racing???.....I've been around but that's new on me.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Eventually. Around last Easter there was a car clamped for having no tax in a road I often walk along, a quiet side street where parking is very hard to come by, so I guess it must have annoyed the person in the house it was outside of, unless it was theirs. Anyway it sat there all Summer and was only moved early September I would guess. The sticky label they slap on the windscreen that nobody can ever remove was eroded away by the weather. Sat there for a good 5 months. And it was on a public road not private property so I guess council/DVLA were the clampers. It was a Toyota (something) about 7 years old and looked not in bad nick really.

That's the thing that suprises me when you see them all clamped ' n stickered-quite often they look fairly (sometimes very decent) motors,only destined for the crusher......I get that some are for whatever reasons an mot nightmare,but fir sure they all won't be.

Spotted a really lovely Merc a while ago,not so far atall from the mem!

Archived