IGNORED

Do we have good away support ?

lgbbcf

12 minutes ago, lgbbcf said:

to settle a debate with a supporter from the gas (he is young), 

can someone tell me how i find our average away support and best and worst 

as he consistently tells me they have better away support than us and i just want to prove him wrong. 

You could try this site for comparisons too.

http://www.worldfootball.net/competition/eng-championship/

Our away support is fairly decent imo but could be better. 

with our home crowds averaging the best part of 20,000 our away support is still below par at times. 

We tend to get repeat big numbers at grounds like Reading, Birmingham, Fulham, Cardiff which is fair enough with closer away games being a lot easier of course.

Some great efforts already this season, decent numbers at Sunderland and Fulham & Brentford both on a Tuesday night. 

I do most away games it is the same old faces at most of them which is great, but would be nice to see more fans travel away although I respect financial it's difficult and of course other commitments come into play work etc.

40 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Our away support is fairly decent imo but could be better. 

with our home crowds averaging the best part of 20,000 our away support is still below par at times. 

We tend to get repeat big numbers at grounds like Reading, Birmingham, Fulham, Cardiff which is fair enough with closer away games being a lot easier of course.

Some great efforts already this season, decent numbers at Sunderland and Fulham & Brentford both on a Tuesday night. 

I do most away games it is the same old faces at most of them which is great, but would be nice to see more fans travel away although I respect financial it's difficult and of course other commitments come into play work etc.

Hear what you're saying, but in reality a lot of us can't sacrifice every weekend to follow City the length and breadth of the country. Work, family, money etc. all comes into play.

If we were to get promoted to the Prem next season, my budget only allows me to attend 5-6 away fixtures a year tops, as much as I'd like to go to more games.

Our away support is superb anywhere south of Nottingham really, we don't trend to travel north in big numbers often but our support around the midlands and south of the country is usually very good, especially in London.

As for your Gas mate, inform him that since records have been kept we've averaged more than them every single season and we are averaging nearly double what they are this season, bless them.

1 hour ago, lgbbcf said:

as he consistently tells me they have better away support than us and i just want to prove him wrong. 

On standard “in the ground” stats we are supported better than them but if you take into account Car Park numbers they are several Tilsons ahead of us tbf.

26 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

On standard “in the ground” stats we are supported better than them but if you take into account Car Park numbers they are several Tilsons ahead of us tbf.

did you include the 60k they took to the conference play-off final

46 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

Our away support is superb anywhere south of Nottingham really, we don't trend to travel north in big numbers often but our support around the midlands and south of the country is usually very good, especially in London.

As for your Gas mate, inform him that since records have been kept we've averaged more than them every single season and we are averaging nearly double what they are this season, bless them.

This is absolutely correct although when you present the thick bastards with this fact they ignore it.

It always amazes me that they constantly criticise our away support but never better our numbers over the course of a season even though they often find themselves with fewer miles to travel on average with more local fixtures.

1 hour ago, lgbbcf said:

thank you most helpful links for my side of the argument 

There is usually a very good rule of thumb to assist with any argument/debate, with a gashead. 

You are probably right and they are probably talking shite. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d disagree. Compare our away support to the majority of teams that visit Ashton Gate and we are better than average, I’d say. 

I agree.

Also when people complain about the noise levels being low at the gate I can't help but wonder if they have visited many other grounds. The vast majority are quiet nowadays- it's the curse of modern day football. I wouldn't say we are the best/loudest but we are certainly above average.

2 hours ago, lgbbcf said:

Don't fall for it and get involved in the argument- Even with facts presented he will still try and drag you down to his level.

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’d disagree. Compare our away support to the majority of teams that visit Ashton Gate and we are better than average, I’d say. 

In my experience of going to away games ... not everyone is up for making noise, around half maybe more sit down the whole game, our support (imo) is older than average... being better than others doesnt necessarily make you good.

Just to add a fact and an opinion into your one-sided debate ( you can't ever lose BTW) the 'Blue few' are only a few years out if watching non league, week in week out (fact) whilst we are watching Championship ( mainly ex Premier League teams) every week (fact) and soon to be in the Premier League ( opinion)

...so one costs a lot more than the other; like more people goto Macdonalds than Thornbury castle for Sunday lunch, the comparison is futile 

However we are bigger, better and always will be, simple as. Tell your mate to come to Villa in January if he wants to watch big clubs, big grounds and big away support from Bristol 

3 hours ago, lgbbcf said:

They took 27k to Wembley for the biggest game in their history to get back into the football league.

We took 45k for a game against Walsall to win a paint pot trophy.

That is the only fact you need. Case closed.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They took 27k to Wembley for the biggest game in their history to get back into the football league.

We took 45k for a game against Walsall to win a paint pot trophy.

That is the only fact you need. Case closed.

Yet they will totally ignore this, despite actual numerical evidence. Didn't you know there were 20k locked out? Gurt sheeeeds. Pricks, the lot of em.

48 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

"although when you present the thick bastards with this fact they ignore it"   .... what a very intelligent comment ...

Says the person who continually posts on here about how he doesn’t like the club or professional football in general, and thinks that we give a toss about his preference for non league football..! 

Archived