IGNORED

Record Collections ... Pistols on A&M

WhistleHappy

Can't find the recent thread with posts about rare record/albums etc...

Pretty sure a post re The SexPistols  GSTQ on A&M was discussed ? 

Someone I think someone said they own one and its worth a few bob...  

Might find this link interesting ..... (check out no 6 in this list ... :) ... the drinks are on you!! )

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/personalfinance/pressing-matters-20-most-valuable-records-in-the-world-revealed/ss-AAkIYqL?MSCC=1510924207&ocid=spartandhp#image=16

25 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I’ll have to get my boxes of 45’s out of the loft, have definitely got some pistols stuff on A&M, not sure which ones.

If you have it pretty much has to be GSTQ as it was the only record they made on the label. Only 25,000 were produced and most were destroyed straight away.

Good luck if you have got it, that`s Christmas sorted!

I wish I had it but mine is the bog standard Virgin issue.

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

If you have it pretty much has to be GSTQ as it was the only record they made on the label. Only 25,000 were produced and most were destroyed straight away.

Maybe I am getting confused, they’ve been in the loft for ages, might be something else on A&M, I’ll have to check.  I’ll have to go through the whole collection, got some coloured vynyl, got some rare Zeppelin bootlegs and a BBC recording of them, all banished to the loft for many years.....

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Correct, the fact is A&M never released ANY Sex Pistols records. A few copies of GSTQ survived but never made it to the shops as the band were dropped by the label within a week of signing the deal. 

I think there was some confusion on that other thread, someone reckoned they had a copy of Anarchy in the UK on A&M but they must have meant EMI. 

I have a copy of Teenage Kicks on the Good Vibrations label, complete with the folded A4 photocopied sleeve bearing the legend "The Undertones are shit. Pish Counts (sic) W***ers". Bought in 1978 (or possibly 79) from Revolver in the Triangle. What ya think of that then, punk record nerds? 

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Correct, the fact is A&M never released ANY Sex Pistols records. A few copies of GSTQ survived but never made it to the shops as the band were dropped by the label within a week of signing the deal. 

I think there was some confusion on that other thread, someone reckoned they had a copy of Anarchy in the UK on A&M but they must have meant EMI. 

I have a copy of Teenage Kicks on the Good Vibrations label, complete with the folded A4 photocopied sleeve bearing the legend "The Undertones are shit. Pish Counts (sic) *******". Bought in 1978 (or possibly 79) from Revolver in the Triangle. What ya think of that then, punk record nerds? 

We`re not worthy!

Just the bog standard Sire version for me.

I've got an original copy of The Jam album 'The Gift' in it's candy striped paper bag with the words 'A gift from....' printed on the outside.

I've got Anarchy in the UK by the Pistols on the EMI label which is worth about £15 quid these days.

Other nice bits in my collection are Straight to Hell by the Clash on 12" with a free cardboard cut out stencil for spraying the cover logo onto a jacket. The Guns and Roses album Appetite for Destruction with the banned 'robot assault' cover. The Style Council Album 'Modernism - A New Decade' as two 12" gatefold sleeve which was released as a limited edition press taster to promote the the Style Council box set. I've got loads of punk era singles on coloured vinyl.

I haven't bought any rare vinyl for ages but used to be a regular at record fairs in years gone by. 

Assuming it has not been eaten by rats, or stolen, in the interim, my vinyl collection should still be in storage at a lock-up, where it has been for nigh on 20 years.

Likely all my rare items are simply of non-monetary value to me, as opposed to something marketable like the Pistols on A&M: various New Order and Joy Division foreign pressings, A Factory Sample double EP, Earcom 2 Contradiction EP, Komakino 7" flexi disc, etc.

Never did stump up the cash for Sordide Sentimental, but recall seeing it a few times at records fairs at Transport House.

I've got Motorheads first official LP on Chiswick records with the original kodak photo sleeve insert with photos of motorcycle irene and tramp etc. I don't know what it's worth but I do know it's fairly rare. I've got every Motorhead recording with the original line up - picture discs etc. In terms of rarity mostly early AC/DC and NWOBHM bands.

Archived