IGNORED

Villa`s injury woes

Lanterne Rouge

I`ve just seen that Kodjia did his ankle playing for the Ivory Coast and faces `another lengthy layoff` and Scott Hogan has had a stomach operation which will keep him out for `the foreseeable future`. I wonder where the goals are going to come from for them now - I guess one or more big money strikers incoming in January?

Poor old JK hasn`t had the best of luck with injuries since he left us.

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ve just seen that Kodjia did his ankle playing for the Ivory Coast and faces `another lengthy layoff` and Scott Hogan has had a stomach operation which will keep him out for `the foreseeable future`. I wonder where the goals are going to come from for them now - I guess one or more big money strikers incoming in January?

That's a shame - hope it won't delay any payment to us. 

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They still have the youngster from non-league, Davis, & Agbonlahor, I’m not sure Villa’s FFP position will allow them to stump up big money but then I suppose it depends what you call ‘big money’?

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

They still have the youngster from non-league, Davis, & Agbonlahor, I’m not sure Villa’s FFP position will allow them to stump up big money but then I suppose it depends what you call ‘big money’?

Since when did FFP stop anyone? :fear:

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bobby Reid £10 Million 

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Since when did FFP stop anyone? :fear:

It stopped them over the summer, they were rumoured to be restricted to just £1m spending dependant on sales & it was also part of the rumour as to whyBaker was allowed to join us & for a fair bit less than the £3m or so that was touted.

Villa didn’t spend anywhere near like they did last summer & that wasn’t down to their owner not being willing to spend, it was because they weren’t allowed to & was why they signed Terry, Samba & Whelan on freebies.

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If they are tight on the ffp which is based around on wages paid, then getting Terry in on 100k a week is madness. That's 4 possibly 5 players they could have got in instead.

FFP is to do with 'acceptable financial losses', it''s leagues one and two which have the salary cap. I doubt he has 'cost' them that much to be honest - £ 5.2m in wages but his sponsorship income, shirt sales etc, I bet he is actually costing a million or two. 

• Admin
33 minutes ago, 29AR said:

FFP is to do with 'acceptable financial losses', it''s leagues one and two which have the salary cap. I doubt he has 'cost' them that much to be honest - £ 5.2m in wages but his sponsorship income, shirt sales etc, I bet he is actually costing a million or two. 

And now injured for months. Always a risk at his age. 

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Albert

Archived