IGNORED

Bobby R

Langford Red

6 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Anybody heard of any reason why Bobby is not signing a new contract?

I think City have been very loyal to him, and I hear Middlesborough and other Championship teams are already talking behind Citys back

Because there is no urgency in him signing a new contract, maybe..?! 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He has to agree to that tho

You get option contracts where the player can choose to activate it or the club can activate it. Think the options we have on Reid, Brownhill etc are all options that can be activated by the club. 

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

You get option contracts where the player can choose to activate it or the club can activate it. Think the options we have on Reid, Brownhill etc are all options that can be activated by the club. 

Yeh your right but nobody knows if that is the case on those players,unless you are in the know of course :shifty:

23 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

been offered double yer money too apparantley

I’d imagine he was only on a small wage last contract he signed. £4-5k a week. We could triple it within our current wage structure if need be?

1 hour ago, Bicester Red said:

Anybody heard of any reason why Bobby is not signing a new contract?

I think City have been very loyal to him, and I hear Middlesborough and other Championship teams are already talking behind Citys back

Happens all the time re all the best players whatever level. Just enjoy him and leave it up to the club. Happy days.

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Aren`t we all missing the obvious? See who the OP is and look at his posting history.

He only comes on here occasionally to make shit up and sew doubt.

He knows **** all.

Should be called Manuel.

He knowsa nothing!!!

:innocent06:

As I understand it, the player and the club agree the terms of the additional year option at the start of the contract, and it is the club’s decision to offer those terms or not, when the time comes around.

In Reid’s case, you’d think the club wouldn’t be showing much goodwill if they just went and offered the terms of the additional year.  Reid might rightly think he is worth more and might just see out that additional year.

4 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Should be called Manuel.

He knowsa nothing!!!

:innocent06:

If you notice as well it`s usually after a decent result - he ******* hates any positivity about the club.

Check out the bollocks Matty Taylor, how he REALLY got his injury bullshit he was spouting a month or two back along with making up stories about players on the piss the day before games and all the other crap he`s posted over the years.

Attention seeking troll.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I understand it, the player and the club agree the terms of the additional year option at the start of the contract, and it is the club’s decision to offer those terms or not, when the time comes around.

In Reid’s case, you’d think the club wouldn’t be showing much goodwill if they just went and offered the terms of the additional year.  Reid might rightly think he is worth more and might just see out that additional year.

These days contracts don’t mean much anyway, if a player wants out its highly likely he could get his way.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

There is a whisper that the local lads don't get the same rate as the exotic signings .

This shouldn't be the case but could be a reason why .

It's why Carey went to Cov apparently. 

Unfortunately it happens a lot. However the club have an option so we will see 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

There is a whisper that the local lads don't get the same rate as the exotic signings .

I would expect so having never had any real leverage to bump there wage up.

If Bobby won’t sign a contract then there is little that we can do about it. He’s still got a year and a half here anyway, so it hardly urgent. 

If he’d have left 6 months ago, we’d  probably have done well to get £500k. Now we’d probably get at least £5million! 

20 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Id imagine that is the same around the world. Offered very little in comparison as they are grateful for the opportunity... once other teams start sniffing around though you have to start paying the going rate...

Archived