IGNORED

I don't want to moan but...

whale

We had a great day. Found a good pub (New Barracks) and had a few beers. Got into the ground and they had Thornbridge on tap so we were very happy. 

About 10 minutes in (timings may be slightly blurred) some city fans started singing at our own fans about the fact they were sitting down. 

As someone who has spent a great few years standing up to watch City, in the Eastend and away, we were stood towards the back today but felt uncomfortable. In an ideal world we'd have said something but didn't feel confident enough given the numbers. 

It may have been "banter" but I don't understand what makes it funny and what the point is. It put a slightly sour note on what was otherwise a top day. This is not the first time it's happened either. 

A completely different feel to Sunderland, Reading, and Brentford today. 

Anyone else feel similar?

58 minutes ago, whale said:

We had a great day. Found a good pub (New Barracks) and had a few beers. Got into the ground and they had Thornbridge on tap so we were very happy. 

About 10 minutes in (timings may be slightly blurred) some city fans started singing at our own fans about the fact they were sitting down. 

As someone who has spent a great few years standing up to watch City, in the Eastend and away, we were stood towards the back today but felt uncomfortable. In an ideal world we'd have said something but didn't feel confident enough given the numbers. 

It may have been "banter" but I don't understand what makes it funny and what the point is. It put a slightly sour note on what was otherwise a top day. This is not the first time it's happened either. 

Grest pub New Barack Tavern

1 hour ago, whale said:

Yep - I just laugh at the youngsters who think they are the real Eastenders - they wouldn't have lasted a minute in the East End of the '70s and '80s.....we grew up in that cauldron - they just remember the East End with seats in it, and they think they can abuse City fans who want to sit down....just laugh at them, works for me!

1 hour ago, whale said:

I feel similar purely because what you don't see as funny some people do(I don't by the way)so what's your point again.Good job you must be mutton Jeff and not hear opposition fans because you would be on here every week moaning 

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep - I just laugh at the youngsters who think they are the real Eastenders - they wouldn't have lasted a minute in the East End of the '70s and '80s.....we grew up in that cauldron - they just remember the East End with seats in it, and they think they can abuse City fans who want to sit down....just laugh at them, works for me!

Bless. 

Archived