IGNORED

Preston’s Form

Negan

With us doing so well I seem to have forgotten about Preston, nice to see a club like theirs doing well, however I’ve just looked at their results and they haven’t won a game since September 26th! Not sure if that’s a bad or good thing going into our game on Tuesday night. We haven’t had the best of results against them in recent years so hopefully we put that right. They will however probably throw everything at us to get their season back on track. Looking at it they remind me of us last season! Hopefully we’ll just add to their misery.. 

Also if there are any Preston fans reading. Thanks a bunch for Brownhill and Wright. In today’s market to get both of these for 500k is a massive bargain! Makes up for Cunningham! 

I'm sure, that prior to the international break, they were going through the mother of all injury crisis' at the back and that caused their drop off in form from a very good start. I'm talking midfielders at centre half with youth team players - and not like Korey who is used to playing in defence and Zac who has some ft experience. Real biblical sh!t (c) P.Venkman

6 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

What you are trying to say is they are a pile of crap, and yes, we should be beating them on Tuesday. 

They wouldn`t be if they had everyone available but yes, we should beat them and hope we do. I want to win every game but there`s more pleasure in beating some teams than others - Leeds or Cardiff for instance.

This game has got to be the most likely win for us this season. THAT'S why we have got to be professional and not get complacent. Andthe fans too must play their part. Boosted by people attending the match as they want their ManU ticket, the crowd have got to get behind them. Don't just sit back and expect yo win, these matches usually end up biting you hard on the bum. 

Evening all , posted on here a good few times and like to think I try and post a balanced view of the team I have supported for 40 + years and as always for the third season on the trot will be making the trip to Ashton Gate as its one I pencil in immediately due to the guaranteed good humour between both sets of fans ( can only base this on the numerous times I have seen Preston play away at Bristol City and having done Preston away at 90  + clubs found your supporters amongst if not the most welcoming ) so what of our visit on Tuesday ?

Having lost Grayson to Sunderland I felt and still do that he was a real loss and season on season we had progressed as a club ( player wise from last season and a bit more football ) despite two 11th placed finishes and identical points for both seasons ( but a terrible one win in 10 at the end of last season ) , we had to find a replacement for Simon quite quickly and I am lead to believe it was pretty much a two horse race between Neil or Rosler from Fleetwood , Neil got the nod perhaps down to having promoted a side from the Championship although Norwich with there squad/recent Prem history is a different prospect to coming to manage Preston without top flight football for 53 years , our start surprised me and I think a good few of us , not just the 1 defeat in 11 , nor 3 goals conceded but the manor of high tempo pressing football , loads of chances created ( not taken in the main ) but outplaying Cardiff , Reading , Sheff Wed , Moro and Leeds and the only defeat a narrow one at Derby , we first conceded two goals at home to Sunderland and the players looked out of sorts against a club in turmoil on the back of a 5-2 defeat at Ipswich but Grayson knew our players better than Alex Neil and 2-2 was fair , we then go to Fulham and perhaps put on our best performance of the season and could / should have been 4-0 up , even at 2-1 we create and miss two glorious chances and concede in the 96th min for a 2-2 draw , then Wolves away we let in 3 but having gone deserved a point in a 3-2 defeat but defensively we look suspect , then we play IMO very poorly at Home to our bogey side Brentford ship another 3 in a 3-2 defeat , injuries are piling up and we simply have no Plan B in games nor can we park the bus , Villa was men v boys but I wander off Deepdale thinking this is a squad assembled for around £2.4-£2.5 Mill what more should we expect ? , Ipswich away we had 6 defenders out and get trounced 3-0 and Friday we look content to stop the rot and grind out a pretty uneventful 0-0 but with no Hugill and Maguire we are toothless...

One thing I haven't seen under Alex Neil except a little bit at Home v Bolton is us playing for a point , with No Cunningham , Clarke , Davies we have 3 of our back 4 out ( Clarke will be on the bench but hasn't kicked a ball from a serious injury ) , confidence is low and the high passing tempo and stunning football at the moment is a distant memory , I am certainly not looking up ( a few weeks ago even I was starting to believe ) but I also do not think we will be dragged into the bottom 3 ( 14-19th a likely finish ) , I have never witnessed a team with 8 defenders out and having to play kids / players out of position all over the pitch and think most teams would suffer and we really are on a bad run , I would be very surprised if we get any form of result at all on Tuesday and hope I'm proved wrong but with your current form / squad it looks like a pretty comfortable home win but I will cheer the team on and take a win/draw/defeat and hope to see a decent game of football , things change very quickly in football wasn't long ago at Deepdale after that 5-0 defeat that I didn't think Johnson could turn you around but he has and its nice to see you at the right end of the table and you with 1 defeat ? all season look real top six contenders , whether Alex Neil is the man to progress us is way to soon to tell , he will be given time and a limited budget but we have perhaps the 3rd smallest budget in the division and think we punch way above our weight ..

Regardless of the result on Tuesday all the best 

Mortis

I think Djuric needs to start this one with Bobby. Can’t see Preston being to attacking and a point will be a good result for them, so hopefully if Milan starts he can batter them a bit and let Reid pick up the pieces. A tough game which some might see as an easy fixture. Bizarrely I see Hull away as the easier of the 2! 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Preston have slipped badly after a decent start to the season.  I expect them to come here and park the bus.

Unfortunately we have not been so good at getting around parked busses, so expect a dull game unless we can get an early goal 

Parked bus=Djuric & Taylor.

How many times have teams come down to the gate and we think a win is a given?

How many times have we gone away with (on paper) a shit side and got a result?

Our team today with players out injured meaning two of the best playing out of position was a great result.

Any 1/0 scruffy win against Preston will be a great result, any side they put out will be up for it.

I've always had a lot of respect for Preston, despite an absolute bellend fan of theirs who posts on onefootballforum.

I think they would be around the top six if it wasn't for all their injuries. They were rock solid before their players started dropping like flies so we've got to be prepared for a real battle. COYR

Archived