IGNORED

Match Report: As dominant an away 0-0 as you will see

Olé

1 hour ago, xerox6060 said:

Weds fans on the tram on the way back to the train station were complaining how they looked so stale compared to a vibrant City....thought is was a very comfortable point, could well have won but probably didn't do quite enough in my opinion to totally deserve it, defence excellent credit to Korey and Maggers who were up against two tricky opponents, while Odowda just glows in confidence nowadays, I do feel we miss Diedhiou or someone similar to run the channels, if Woodrow can't do that it's an area LJ might still need to address despite the good efforts of Matty T and Djoric.... Good numbers and support from fans.. . Hillsborough maybe a little bit tired in places as a ground but still pretty awesome as a spectacle. 

I 100% agree. It was a comfortable point. It was in the final third if we had been a bit more forceful, we would have come away with all 3 points.

13 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

I 100% agree. It was a comfortable point. It was in the final third if we had been a bit more forceful, we would have come away with all 3 points.

I get the feeling from LJs interviews pre and post game that he was going to be happy with a point in this game with a view to going all out for 3 against Preston. 

Not sure if I agree with that approach but sure he has his reasons. 

17 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I get the feeling from LJs interviews pre and post game that he was going to be happy with a point in this game with a view to going all out for 3 against Preston. 

Not sure if I agree with that approach but sure he has his reasons. 

I thought that. I suspect it was a bit of concern about key players not being fully fit - Pato, Milan - and others being played out of position like Joe and Korey. It may also be that, despite what was said pre-match, the likes of Bakes may not have actually been fully fit and we wanted to keep that quiet. In hindsight I`m sure he wishes we`d gone for it a bit more but it makes sense to be cautious when you`re going to Hillsborough I suppose.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

It was a pretty even game with both teams having chances albeit rare ones! In all fairness I thought it was a dull affair with each side cancelling each other out.

No way  were we 'dominant' - a bit of a one eyed view imho.

Bottom line - a well earned point at a tough venue.

Now onto PNE at AG on Tuesday. I'll bet the tannoy is still rubbish..............:facepalm:

I agree with you @Robbored although it was there for the taking if we really got into next gear.

18 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Channel 5 reckon Wednesday should have had 2 penalties. Can't say I agree though. I wouldn't say we dominated as we didn't get for ward enough, but 'I don't remember Fielding making a save ( and  Westwood only 2 ).

Yep, got away with it. One should have been given and probably a straight red as well. The luck was on our side again. Happ days.

Archived