IGNORED

Gaia Pope search - body found

Lanterne Rouge

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

A body has been found near to the coast path close to Swanage and it has been confirmed as hers.

How can people be so evil to a fellow human being?

We really need to be bringing back the death penalty, these people are getting away with a free life & it’s no deterrent!! It’s time for a life to mean a life, it is happening all to regularly nowadays!!

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

We really need to be bringing back the death penalty, these people are getting away with a free life & it’s no deterrent!! It’s time for a life to mean a life, it is happening all to regularly nowadays!!

Just out of curiosity how many miscarriages of justice, resulting in innocent people getting the death penalty, are you prepared to live with, so you can apply your "a life for a life" approach?

Hey, Hey, Hey. Just hold on a minute everybody.

My understanding is that:

1. A body has indeed been found and the Police state that, whilst this has yet to be formally identified,  they are 'confident' it is that of Gaia Pope.
  2. The Police have also confirmed that the clothing they recovered is similar to that being warn by Gaia Pope when she was last seen.

To the best of my knowledge, whilst there have been three arrests, nobody has been charged with murder.  

Gaia Pope was known to have been suffering from epilepsy and, by all accounts, was in a somewhat fragile mental state just before she disappeared: it was even stated that, just before doing so, she had stripped down to her bra, claiming she was hot. Gaia was later seen running down the street, apparently distressed.

Before we go hanging somebody as a deterrent, perhaps we might await the post-mortem, as this will hopefully establish how Gaia died.

Incidentally, does anybody know where Christopher Jefferies was on the day Gaia disappeared? Perhaps we should have him arrested; just in case, like.

13 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Just out of curiosity how many miscarriages of justice, resulting in innocent people getting the death penalty, are you prepared to live with, so you can apply your "a life for a life" approach?

And how many innocent children & young women need to be murdered because of some sicko’s perverted mind?

What deterrent is there for these sicko’s? Get a free ride in prison for taking an innocent life!! That’ll put anyone off doing it, won’t it?!?

I’ll happily go on record that if any sick bastard killed my daughter, I will take their life or a member of their family’s, why should they get away scot free while an innocent family has to suffer for the rest of their lives!!

Out of interest, just how many people that have been given life sentences for murder have later gone on to be found innocent? I’d hazard a guess that not very many if any in recent times!! We aren’t talking about crimes from the 60’s, forensics & investigations have come on a huge amount, what gives some sicko the right to take an innocent child’s life?

There are differences in murders, like where it’s self defence etc but why should someone be allowed to take an innocent child’s life or young woman because they wouldn’t allow someone to have sex with them!!

Are you happy for that scum bag & his ‘girlfriend’ who killed Rebecca Watts to be living rent free & possibly walking free soon? Or Louis Smith who was murdered on Christmas Eve / Day on her way home from a nightclub? Or Tia Sharp’s step-grandad (or whatever he was to her) who had video of her putting moisturiser on her legs from secret filming & other footage of her sleeping without her knowing at 12 years-old??

There are dozens of murders against children or young adults all because of some sick perverts!! The West’s, The Moor’s murderers, they all deserve the opportunity to live in prison for a few years & then to walk free do they?

Well if you’re so keen on them being allowed to live amongst us, I’ll put forward that they all get released to Keynsham & you can see how great it would be!!

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hey, Hey, Hey. Just hold on a minute everybody.

My understanding is that:

1. A body has indeed been found and the Police state that, whilst this has yet to be formally identified,  they are 'confident' it is that of Gaia Pope.
  2. The Police have also confirmed that the clothing they recovered is similar to that being warn by Gaia Pope when she was last seen.

To the best of my knowledge, whilst there have been three arrests, nobody has been charged with murder.  

Gaia Pope was known to have been suffering from epilepsy and, by all accounts, was in a somewhat fragile mental state just before she disappeared: it was even stated that, just before doing so, she had stripped down to her bra, claiming she was hot. Gaia was later seen running down the street, apparently distressed.

Before we go hanging somebody as a deterrent, perhaps we might await the post-mortem, as this will hopefully establish how Gaia died.

Incidentally, does anybody know where Christopher Jefferies was on the day Gaia disappeared? Perhaps we should have him arrested; just in case, like.

I totally agree, sadly this is a product of incompetent police farces and out of control journalism, it's about time it was stopped because it won't be long before somebody who is actually guilty walks free because their case has been compromised by incompetence and shitty gutter journalism.

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

And how many innocent children & young women need to be murdered because of some sicko’s perverted mind?

What deterrent is there for these sicko’s? Get a free ride in prison for taking an innocent life!! That’ll put anyone off doing it, won’t it?!?

I’ll happily go on record that if any sick bastard killed my daughter, I will take their life or a member of their family’s, why should they get away scot free while an innocent family has to suffer for the rest of their lives!!

Out of interest, just how many people that have been given life sentences for murder have later gone on to be found innocent? I’d hazard a guess that not very many if any in recent times!! We aren’t talking about crimes from the 60’s, forensics & investigations have come on a huge amount, what gives some sicko the right to take an innocent child’s life?

There are differences in murders, like where it’s self defence etc but why should someone be allowed to take an innocent child’s life or young woman because they wouldn’t allow someone to have sex with them!!

Are you happy for that scum bag & his ‘girlfriend’ who killed Rebecca Watts to be living rent free & possibly walking free soon? Or Louis Smith who was murdered on Christmas Eve / Day on her way home from a nightclub? Or Tia Sharp’s step-grandad (or whatever he was to her) who had video of her putting moisturiser on her legs from secret filming & other footage of her sleeping without her knowing at 12 years-old??

There are dozens of murders against children or young adults all because of some sick perverts!! The West’s, The Moor’s murderers, they all deserve the opportunity to live in prison for a few years & then to walk free do they?

Well if you’re so keen on them being allowed to live amongst us, I’ll put forward that they all get released to Keynsham & you can see how great it would be!!

Hey Tipps69.

I understand, to a certain extent, your sentiment, but perhaps you might just try and calm down for a moment.

This thread concerns the unfortunate, even tragic death of a young girl.

At present, as far as I am aware the circumstances and cause of her death remain unknown. 

Might we just show her and her family a modicum of respect?

31 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hey Tipps69.

I understand, to a certain extent, your sentiment, but perhaps you might just try and calm down for a moment.

This thread concerns the unfortunate, even tragic death of a young girl.

At present, as far as I am aware the circumstances and cause of her death remain unknown. 

Might we just show her and her family a modicum of respect?

I have nothing but respect for the young lady & her family Phil.

As has currently proved with the ongoing police investigation, the three originally arrested have been released under investigation, so if the tragic circumstances are because of the act of someone, the police aren’t just prosecuting anyone for it.

My listings of innocent people who have paid with their lives doesn’t even scratch the surface when it comes to innocent people murdered, they are just some of those offences that have required the police & members of the public to carry out searches of the local areas to where the offences have been done, a quick ‘google search’ for ‘recent child murders’ will show lots & lots where family members have killed their own children with no doubt about their guilt but they’ll be released soon enough to live amongst us!!

Just as an example, the guy who killed Louise Smith was 22, he was recommended to get 14 years in 1998!! That means he was released at just over 40 years-old in 2012!! Does it seem fair that he’s out & about while a young woman is still dead & her family are still missing their daughter, sister, grand-daughter, auntie etc?? It doesn’t to me!! The very same guy felt so guilty about his crime that after throwing her body into a 200ft deep quarry, he got himself a job in South Africa & tried doing a runner there!! Smacks of someone who feels guilty for his heinous crime, doesn’t it?!?

34 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

In your rant you didn't actually answer my simple question. So, I'll ask again, how many innocent people are you prepared to accept getting a wrongful death sentence so you can apply your "life for a life approach"?

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

In your rant you didn't actually answer my simple question. So, I'll ask again, how many innocent people are you prepared to accept getting a wrongful death sentence so you can apply your "life for a life approach"?

None will be wrongfully given the death sentence because as I said in my ‘rant’, forensics & investigations have come a long way since the olden days!!

As with Gaia’s ongoing case, the three that were arrested have been released pending further investigations but one of those is so upstanding his own Father has named him!!

How many of the many many child murders have you heard of as being innocent people that were arrested? 

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

None will be wrongfully given the death sentence because as I said in my ‘rant’, forensics & investigations have come a long way since the olden days!!

As with Gaia’s ongoing case, the three that were arrested have been released pending further investigations but one of those is so upstanding his own Father has named him!!

How many of the many many child murders have you heard of as being innocent people that were arrested? 

I see you have swerved it again. Still struggling to come up with a number you are comfortable with?

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I see you have swerved it again. Still struggling to come up with a number you are comfortable with?

It won’t happen!! How many times do I have to explain it to you? How many more murderers should be allowed to roam amongst society when their innocent victims aren’t allowed?!?

So I’ll ask you, how many innocent people are you happy to see murdered for the culprits to then be out & about in society by the time they are 40 years old or so? How about James Bulgers murderers who got released after costing everyone many thousands of pounds to then reoffend again & again!! I bet the Bulgers are so happy to have Venables & Thompson out on the streets while their innocent little child is buried in the ground!! Is that adequate justice?

I’ve given you reasoning why it should be brought back, as I’ve said earlier in the thread, do a simple ‘google search’ of recent child murders & see the amount of parents that have killed their toddlers & then been allowed to spend a few years in prison, is that justice? Would you be happy to have these people released into society around where you live or where your child(ren) are?

There is no debate about these people’s innocence or guilt, they have been found 100% banged to rights!! These are the people I am talking about that need to be taken out of society forever!! As I have also already said, the three people that were earlier arrested for Gaia’s  disappearance have been released under investigation, they have not been found guilty (yet) despite one of their own Fathers releasing his name to the press & the public!!

The people I am talking about are 100% guilty of the crime they have been sentenced for, why do they deserve to live when their innocent victims don’t?!? Why should a 2 year-old child be beaten to death & have their bones broken & cigarettes stubbed out them for the people they should of trusted most in life to only have to serve 15 years or so behind bars, is that really adequate punishment? Not in my eyes it isn’t.

I still live in Yate & was very much part of the social scene when Louis Smith was murdered, not accidentally killed, MURDERED!! It had a massive affect on the whole area yet the scumbag who seen fit to carry out such a crime tried running away to South Africa after throwing her body into a quarry & left two 13 year-old boys to discover her body despite many thousands of people searching for Louise’s body!! He couldn’t of put her family out of their great distress by admitting what he had done or where he had dumped her!! He ran away to try & continue his life!! He is now out of prison & is living his life, he’s not even 45 years-old yet so has plenty of time to live his life!! Is that fair? Because you won’t find many in Yate who were around at the time who think it’s acceptable!! Or many who live where other innocent people have been murdered that think it’s acceptable for the murderer to be allowed to carry on enjoying their lives!!

38 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It won’t happen!! How many times do I have to explain it to you? How many more murderers should be allowed to roam amongst society when their innocent victims aren’t allowed?!?

So I’ll ask you, how many innocent people are you happy to see murdered for the culprits to then be out & about in society by the time they are 40 years old or so? How about James Bulgers murderers who got released after costing everyone many thousands of pounds to then reoffend again & again!! I bet the Bulgers are so happy to have Venables & Thompson out on the streets while their innocent little child is buried in the ground!! Is that adequate justice?

I’ve given you reasoning why it should be brought back, as I’ve said earlier in the thread, do a simple ‘google search’ of recent child murders & see the amount of parents that have killed their toddlers & then been allowed to spend a few years in prison, is that justice? Would you be happy to have these people released into society around where you live or where your child(ren) are?

There is no debate about these people’s innocence or guilt, they have been found 100% banged to rights!! These are the people I am talking about that need to be taken out of society forever!! As I have also already said, the three people that were earlier arrested for Gaia’s  disappearance have been released under investigation, they have not been found guilty (yet) despite one of their own Fathers releasing his name to the press & the public!!

The people I am talking about are 100% guilty of the crime they have been sentenced for, why do they deserve to live when their innocent victims don’t?!? Why should a 2 year-old child be beaten to death & have their bones broken & cigarettes stubbed out them for the people they should of trusted most in life to only have to serve 15 years or so behind bars, is that really adequate punishment? Not in my eyes it isn’t.

I still live in Yate & was very much part of the social scene when Louis Smith was murdered, not accidentally killed, MURDERED!! It had a massive affect on the whole area yet the scumbag who seen fit to carry out such a crime tried running away to South Africa after throwing her body into a quarry & left two 13 year-old boys to discover her body despite many thousands of people searching for Louise’s body!! He couldn’t of put her family out of their great distress by admitting what he had done or where he had dumped her!! He ran away to try & continue his life!! He is now out of prison & is living his life, he’s not even 45 years-old yet so has plenty of time to live his life!! Is that fair? Because you won’t find many in Yate who were around at the time who think it’s acceptable!! Or many who live where other innocent people have been murdered that think it’s acceptable for the murderer to be allowed to carry on enjoying their lives!!

And yet again you don't answer the question, and instead start another rant.

4 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Nail on the head - exactly my sentiment and unanswerable by reasoned logic. Innocents have been hung in the past, many people have been found guilty of first degree murder, served time and then found to be innocent. 

8 minutes ago, TRL said:

At first glance it seems she was not murdered. Police reporting no injuries to suggest anyone else was involved

Yes, I just saw that and they are treating her death as unexplained. It appears to either be a tragic accident or the sad outcome of the problems of a troubled young lady.

RIP Gaia.

11 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

While I know where you are coming from I speak from probably one of a very select few on here who unfortunately has lost a very close friend to murder. I took more pleasure from the murderer rotting in a cell than when he eventually hung himself. 

51 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

And yet again you don't answer the question, and instead start another rant.

I’m not avoiding your question, my answer is that it won’t happen in this day & age, as I’ve said in my previous posts!!

Technology, forensics & all the evidence used now has come on leaps & bounds since the days when they used to lock someone up with little or no evidence!! And I am talking about people paying the ultimate penalty for murder that is indefensible, people that have tortured innocent children, culminating in those people losing their lives, people that have held their hands up & admitted their crime(s)!! I’ll ask you once again (which you continue to ignore), Why should they be allowed to walk amongst society after 15 years or so in prison after killing someone for no other reason than their own selfishness!!

Again, do a google search for ‘innocent youngsters murdered in the UK recently’ & see just how many parents or people in a position of trust who have murdered an innocent person in their care, there are huge amounts of them & then read their cases & tell me they deserve to be out in amongst society a few years later!!

At least in America where they don’t have the death penalty they give murderers proper prison sentences, where life means life & they are highly unlikely to ever be released into society again!! Here, they are released in 15 years or so & that isn’t a satisfactory punishment!!

15 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

While I know where you are coming from I speak from probably one of a very select few on here who unfortunately has lost a very close friend to murder. I took more pleasure from the murderer rotting in a cell than when he eventually hung himself. 

@Tomarse, while I fully appreciate what you’re saying & I don’t want to dig up any memories of such an atrocious act, how would you of felt if your friends murderer had walked out of prison to carry on living life amongst the rest of society? I can only go from my experience of the Louise Smith murder & having seen the distress state it has left their family in, Louise died on Christmas Eve / Christmas morning, how can they possibly celebrate Christmas Day again? Louise & her family & friends have missed out on so much together & still suffer while her murderer was released after 14 years or so at the age of younger than 40, he has a large proportion of his life that he can still live & why did this happen? Because of his own selfishness & because he thought he should be allowed to do what he wanted to her!! He left her body to be eaten by foxes & to be found by 2 thirteen year old boys who were playing in the quarry while he did a runner & tried starting a new life in South Africa, he only got caught because of the new discovery of DNA at the time, if it wasn’t for all these things, Louise may never of been found & he may of continued to live his life in a different continent!! 

I’m pretty sure that Louise’s family would of much rather of had her murderer hang himself in prison or to of been given the death sentence rather than knowing that he has walked away to continue his life, they lost their home, jobs & life as they knew it & I often see Louise’s parents walking around the Town & they are still a shadow of the people they were before this crime happened!!

Maybe I’m just not a very forgiving person but I definitely wouldn’t want any murderer in & around myself or my family!!

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I’m not avoiding your question, my answer is that it won’t happen in this day & age, as I’ve said in my previous posts!!

Technology, forensics & all the evidence used now has come on leaps & bounds since the days when they used to lock someone up with little or no evidence!! And I am talking about people paying the ultimate penalty for murder that is indefensible, people that have tortured innocent children, culminating in those people losing their lives, people that have held their hands up & admitted their crime(s)!! I’ll ask you once again (which you continue to ignore), Why should they be allowed to walk amongst society after 15 years or so in prison after killing someone for no other reason than their own selfishness!!

Again, do a google search for ‘innocent youngsters murdered in the UK recently’ & see just how many parents or people in a position of trust who have murdered an innocent person in their care, there are huge amounts of them & then read their cases & tell me they deserve to be out in amongst society a few years later!!

At least in America where they don’t have the death penalty they give murderers proper prison sentences, where life means life & they are highly unlikely to ever be released into society again!! Here, they are released in 15 years or so & that isn’t a satisfactory punishment!!

@Tomarse, while I fully appreciate what you’re saying & I don’t want to dig up any memories of such an atrocious act, how would you of felt if your friends murderer had walked out of prison to carry on living life amongst the rest of society? I can only go from my experience of the Louise Smith murder & having seen the distress state it has left their family in, Louise died on Christmas Eve / Christmas morning, how can they possibly celebrate Christmas Day again? Louise & her family & friends have missed out on so much together & still suffer while her murderer was released after 14 years or so at the age of younger than 40, he has a large proportion of his life that he can still live & why did this happen? Because of his own selfishness & because he thought he should be allowed to do what he wanted to her!! He left her body to be eaten by foxes & to be found by 2 thirteen year old boys who were playing in the quarry while he did a runner & tried starting a new life in South Africa, he only got caught because of the new discovery of DNA at the time, if it wasn’t for all these things, Louise may never of been found & he may of continued to live his life in a different continent!! 

I’m pretty sure that Louise’s family would of much rather of had her murderer hang himself in prison or to of been given the death sentence rather than knowing that he has walked away to continue his life, they lost their home, jobs & life as they knew it & I often see Louise’s parents walking around the Town & they are still a shadow of the people they were before this crime happened!!

Maybe I’m just not a very forgiving person but I definitely wouldn’t want any murderer in & around myself or my family!!

I'm afraid the death penalty, as much as I can understand the thought behind it won't be coming back. You say today's forensics will ensure no mistake (there will always be mistakes) I would be more wary of plants. Many people could end up dead through DNA based plants by government sponsored departments or dodgy underworld figures..... Let the state kill your advisories!

As much as it may seem a good idea and I can fully understand an eye for an eye... I can't see it coming back anytime soon.

39 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

@Tomarse

You do realise, don't you, that the majority of the US states, and the federal government, have capital punishment on their books?

• Admin

This thread is typical of the shitty media and social media that infects our society like a disease, no lesson ever learned?  The previous reference to Chris Jefferies should surely be enough to make any decent human being wait until there is some solid proof and a conviction, before the hyperbole and hysteria starts........

3 hours ago, screech said:

Didn't they name some of the people they arrested?  A bit shit if that's your name and you were innocent.

The guy named was by his own Father, he released his own son’s name.

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

You do realise, don't you, that the majority of the US states, and the federal government, have capital punishment on their books?

Did I not say as much in my post? But those that don’t have the death penalty have very long prison sentences for their convicted prisoners! Many things I don’t agree with Stateside but their prison sentences are one thing that I do agree with. There isn’t this let’s let them live in this perceived comfort, as is the case here & how many convicted murderers will be released to walk amongst ‘normal’ society again? Very few if any & they won’t be given the opportunity to reoffend again as many will just see out their days behind bars meaning that the family’s of their victims don’t have to live their lives in fear & the less that the victims family’s have to go through, the better as far as I’m concerned because losing an innocent family member should be enough for anyone to have to go through.

As I’ve said above, if you’re happy to have convicted murderers knowingly released into your community then that’s your prerogative but I don’t want them around my community thank you & after all, if they aren’t kept in prison, they have to live somewhere in society don’t they?!?

On 19/11/2017 at 20:00, Tipps69 said:

Technology, forensics & all the evidence used now has come on leaps & bounds since the days when they used to lock someone up with little or no evidence!! 

I think the news breaking today may upset your theory. Where there is human involvement in a process there is always a chance of it all going wrong 

Archived