IGNORED

Car registration plates

italian dave

We parked up today about half a mile from Hillsbrough and walking to and from the game we must have seen at least 20 cars all with registrations including 'OWL' or 'OWLS'. Never seen so many football club related plates anywhere else in the country. Is it a peculiarity of Wednesday fans?! It obviously helps having something easily associated with the club that's 3 letters long, but I don't recall seeing anything like that many 'AFC', 'BFC' 'RFC' etc plates at places like Arsenal, Brentford or Reading - or indeed many 'GAS' plates around Bristol.

Are there any letters, or combinations of letters and numbers, that could make a City related registration plate?

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

We parked up today about half a mile from Hillsbrough and walking to and from the game we must have seen at least 20 cars all with registrations including 'OWL' or 'OWLS'. Never seen so many football club related plates anywhere else in the country. Is it a peculiarity of Wednesday fans?! It obviously helps having something easily associated with the club that's 3 letters long, but I don't recall seeing anything like that many 'AFC', 'BFC' 'RFC' etc plates at places like Arsenal, Brentford or Reading - or indeed many 'GAS' plates around Bristol.

Are there any letters, or combinations of letters and numbers, that could make a City related registration plate?

yeah I followed 2 owls also after the match , and listening to RS Topraise or grumble, they were not a happy lot up there   , AND  One caller saying Flint and Baker best center half s in the championship !

39 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I see a lot of WBA plates around by my work (Oldbury, W. Mids)

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

I saw one at Reading that said. U R07ALS, who I thought rather clever.

With a City related plate wouldn't you be worried every time you parked it somewhere, re risk of vandalism from rival supporters etc...

With the amount of knuckle dragging Gasheads in this city surely it would only be a natter of time before a light cluster, door mirror, paintwork became a target? .... Think I'd rather park a horse tbh, and that's saying something in these parts!

(no seriously, surely cars obviously belonging to football supporters suffer from mindless damage more so than less obvious ones?)

..... has anyone here suffered motor related problems due to obvious BCFC allegiance?

Archived