IGNORED

Ian Wright

Portred

Just read an interview with him in the back pages of the sun newspaper TV guide. He implied that it was ok for the old boys to be racist as they would also take the piss out of skinny/big eared players so no harm done. It really annoyed me as he was at the forefront of slagging off Ron Atkinson when he made his racist comment. But seems when it suits him it's all a bit of a laugh. 

I always respected him for his plight in riding the game of racism but he's totally contradicted himself 20 years on. A time when the game is very nearly rid of it. Very disappointed in him. Will never see him in the same light again. 

I don't post often but I've had a few and it just boiled my piss. 

7 hours ago, Portred said:

Just read an interview with him in the back pages of the sun newspaper TV guide. He implied that it was ok for the old boys to be racist as they would also take the piss out of skinny/big eared players so no harm done. It really annoyed me as he was at the forefront of slagging off Ron Atkinson when he made his racist comment. But seems when it suits him it's all a bit of a laugh. 

I always respected him for his plight in riding the game of racism but he's totally contradicted himself 20 years on. A time when the game is very nearly rid of it. Very disappointed in him. Will never see him in the same light again. 

I don't post often but I've had a few and it just boiled my piss. 

You've completed misread what he said.  He basically meant that it was hard to go there because of the racist fans but it was also hard for every player. 

Think when you read it sober you will realise

Archived