IGNORED

Duric concerns

DT The Optimist

I have just watched the LJ interview on the main site after the game yesterday.  He was asked about the reasons for playing, starting , MT instead of MD

The explanation, to me at least,  is that they have to really careful with MD as the 'other side' tends to go after such an injury, and he quoted some other famous players who so suffered similar injuries.  The clear inference is he's not fit and things are still a long way from being 'right' with him.  Clearly an important player for us, but have this feeling we might have to look at loan market in January for a striker as well ? 

I think LJ is quite cautious with players, other ex-pros often say they were almost never fully fit during their career. I think there may have been a bit more tactical reasoning behind his team choices, he will be looking at the Preston game as another home game where we need a battering ram, so is keeping ME back for that.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think LJ is quite cautious with players, other ex-pros often say they were almost never fully fit during their career. I think there may have been a bit more tactical reasoning behind his team choices, he will be looking at the Preston game as another home game where we need a battering ram, so is keeping ME back for that.

Hmm, perhaps, though I’ve heard he can’t hit a barn door down in Pilton.

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think LJ is quite cautious with players, other ex-pros often say they were almost never fully fit during their career. I think there may have been a bit more tactical reasoning behind his team choices, he will be looking at the Preston game as another home game where we need a battering ram, 

And so he should be cautious. He and virtually everyone else knows that if anyone isn't 100% then by playing them seriously increases the likelihood of worsening the problem.

In Djurics case he's clearly not fully fit but LJ felt he might be ok for 20/30mins.

25 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I agree. Start Milan on Tuesday to rough up their two young and inexperienced CBs but go back to MT/BR v Hull where the game will be more suited to that style of play with them having Dawson & Hector at the back.

The question has to be asked was he fit when we signed him.  You would have thought a medical would have shown up long standing issues.  

Having said that Andy Carroll has moved around many clubs and he is for ever on treatment tables. If not always crocked would be an England regular (also Jack Wiltshire). Going back to Duric seems trains little at present to keep him for matches. Be interesting to see how it pans out and hope for the best. Even when not fit seems to win everything 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

I have just watched the LJ interview on the main site after the game yesterday.  He was asked about the reasons for playing, starting , MT instead of MD

The explanation, to me at least,  is that they have to really careful with MD as the 'other side' tends to go after such an injury, and he quoted some other famous players who so suffered similar injuries.  The clear inference is he's not fit and things are still a long way from being 'right' with him.  Clearly an important player for us, but have this feeling we might have to look at loan market in January for a striker as well ? 

100 percent need a loan deal in January. Shame we can't send back Woodrow. Seems an ineffective signing as thought at the time. We need a target man as cover. 

14 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

The question has to be asked was he fit when we signed him.  You would have thought a medical would have shown up long standing issues.  

Having said that Andy Carroll has moved around many clubs and he is for ever on treatment tables. If not always crocked would be an England regular (also Jack Wiltshire). Going back to Duric seems trains little at present to keep him for matches. Be interesting to see how it pans out and hope for the best. Even when not fit seems to win everything 

The club did say that his hernia issue was masking an underlying problem with his groin which was pretty much impossible to spot until he`d had that sorted.

Just one of those things really, let`s just get the best out of him when he is fit - he`s already paid back a sizeable proportion of his fee with the winner v Rotherham last season and killing off the Palace game to set up the quarter final.

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

100 percent need a loan deal in January. Shame we can't send back Woodrow. Seems an ineffective signing as thought at the time. We need a target man as cover. 

Woodrow was a bit of a rushed signing IMO. At the time we had injury worries with Taylor and Milan and had no idea how Famara would adapt. Add that to not being sure about how Bobby would fare in his new role I can see why the club had to get some insurance in.

If we hadn`t and everything had gone pear shaped we`d be asking why we didn`t get someone in as back up.

Think we could concentrate our resources on a new striker in January, Diedhiou out for a few months, Engvall & (seemingly) Woodrow not rated, Djuric with injury concerns and Taylor without a league goal in over nine months.

Reid has done amazingly but without Diedhiou needs more help.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

It seems like Woodrow isn't fancied at all now and was only brought in as an emergency 5th option. I wonder if he may go back and we get another loan in January. Sounds very bad if Johnson is comparing Duric to ledley king and Paul mcgrath. They both couldn't even train, King would swim to keep himself fit. Desperately need diedhiou back. Thought he was really beginning to show what he could do before the bad injury. 

Agreed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Woodrow off and someone else in when the window opens.

9 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think it was fairly clear that Duric isn't 100% fit. He just wasn't moving right for me. I don't think he's the quickest at the best of times, but he just didn't seem to be very mobile yesterday. He still looks like a nightmare to play against mind

I don’t think he has been that mobile since he came back and looks to have filled out a bit too but not in a negative way. Still an absolute nightmare for defenders as Cardiff & Bamba found out. Probably as difficult to play against as Crouch in my opinion and a must for Tuesday even if it’s only an hour

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

ME? Michael Eavis? Maurice Evans? Marisol Escobar? Matthew Etherington? I'm at a loss! I'd rather play MD....

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

There is a guy at Swansea about to lose his confidence in a team going nowhere but down to the Championship 

Perhaps Chelski would prefer to call him back in Jan and then loan him to a team going in the other direction?! 

Get the lad from Arsenal on loan who scored twice v Norwich. 

12 hours ago, chipdawg said:

I think it was fairly clear that Duric isn't 100% fit. He just wasn't moving right for me. I don't think he's the quickest at the best of times, but he just didn't seem to be very mobile yesterday. He still looks like a nightmare to play against mind

totally agree  funny enough i thought hed do better upfront with  Taylor

Archived