IGNORED

Tiny Penis - Groundhog Day!

kmpowell

13 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

In a previous life on this forum some of you may recall I used to occasionally quaff with the much maligned Paul Scally. If you really want to know what Lousy Pint's like, he's your man.....

Will the two link up again, they would be perfect for eachother. No doubt Pulis will walk into another Prem  job though, crazy how he gets employed all the time and other managers struggle.

Edit: I realise he hadn't actually gone yet but surely only a matter of time.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Will the two link up again, they would be perfect for eachother.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Scally's tale is straightforward, honest and transparent, just about everything Lousy Pint isn't.

Gill's fans have issues as he 'bleeds' Millwall and saved and transformed their club as a 'no-brainer business opportunity (it was cheaper to buy the club than sponsor the shirts for a few seasons - which is what they'd sought of him.) That Scally never made secret of either fact grates to this day. Beggars, however, may not be choosers and but for him they'd unlikely be in existence today.

City fans have an issue with him as they didn't like him publicising a series of very unpalatable truths about our less than honest conduct on several fronts.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Couldn't be further from the truth. Scally's tale is straightforward, honest and transparent, just about everything Lousy Pint isn't.

Gill's fans have issues as he 'bleeds' Millwall and saved and transformed their club as a 'no-brainer business opportunity (it was cheaper to buy the club than sponsor the shirts for a few seasons - which is what they'd sought of him.) That Scally never made secret of either fact grates to this day. Beggars, however, may not be choosers and but for him they'd unlikely be in existence today.

City fans have an issue with him as they didn't like him publicising a series of very unpalatable truths about our less than honest conduct on several fronts.

Imagine having an owner who openly supports a London based club who play in blue. Anyone know of any other clubs in this situation? :gasmask:

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Probably because he's never been relegated in his 25 years as a manager - that's all I can think of...

He does get sacked though.

And there is usually a lot of recriminations afterwards. Stories of him taking cut of transfer fees etc.

Both Pompey and Gillingham took legal action, IIRC.

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I too have a West Brom-supporting mate.

He loved the times when first they were building a top class Championship side, then finally made it back to the Prem, followed by their famous 'Survival Saturday' back in 2005. Being a yo-yo club was exciting for them, until finally they became established in the top flight.

For the past year or so he's often told me how much he is hating being a mid-table Premier League club under Pulis, and for the first time in many years, has stopped going regularly. Each season is like the last, with nothing to look forward to except reaching the magic 40 points.

He now tells me, ominously, "this is what you've got to look forward to" (although he possibly has a bit more confidence than I do in City's promotion prospects).

I suppose Chelsea supporters get 

bored of winning every year ! 

Some people are just spoilt brats with little intelligence needing a new ' high ' every five minutes or they lose interest.

The question is what do clubs like West Brom have to do to advance ? 

Leicester proved that ' perfect storms ' happen from time to time and there are always cup runs to look forward to .

If clubs stop believing then they will eventually wither and die . 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I like Pulis and I think he is respected by other managers.  His interview after the game on Saturday was thoughtful and sensible.  I'm sure he'll find a home somewhere else fairly quickly if West Brom dispense with his services - in fact I'm rather surprised that Sunderland didn't make him an offer.

That's a very curious confession coming from a Bristol City fan. :blink:

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

he has finally drank 1 too many times in the last chance saloon, cant believe he keeps finding clubs daft enough to take him, along with o driscoll probably our worst manager ever!!

Maybe a bit harsh and tainted by his spell here? I don’t like him, but the job he did at Stoke was very good indeed until the fans got delusions of grandeur. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Maybe a bit harsh and tainted by his spell here? I don’t like him, but the job he did at Stoke was very good indeed until the fans got delusions of grandeur. 

yes definitely, terrible football under him can still remember the front cover of the fanzine the week after he left, a big smiling Portsmouth logo with thank you on it, yes he did a good job at stoke but one swallow doesn't make a summer far, more failures than successes.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Let's see if this excites the Baggies 

fans ! 

What's the betting it's a failed name manager or an unknown foreign coach that leads them to relegation and all that stimulating stuff .

Perhaps WBA fans don't see being in the PL as the be all and end all?

Maybe they even want to see an end to the negativity hanging over the club, a smidgeon of entertaining football, and actually get some enjoyment from supporting their club again?

Am I the only one who finds it more than a little surprising that LJ never seems to be in the running for any of these jobs via the bookies? 

Esperito (Wolves), Wilder (Sheffield Utd) & Heckingbottom (Barnsley) regularly seem to of been linked with the recent vacancies but considering the job that LJ has done here, he’s never seemingly in the running.

Is this because they know LJ won’t leave here? Or because he’s just not rated as highly as the others that are linked?

I definitely don’t want LJ to leave, I just find it strange that he’s not even in the betting while other managers in a similar position are regularly linked to the vacancies.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Am I the only one who finds it more than a little surprising that LJ never seems to be in the running for any of these jobs via the bookies? 

Esperito (Wolves), Wilder (Sheffield Utd) & Heckingbottom (Barnsley) regularly seem to of been linked with the recent vacancies but considering the job that LJ has done here, he’s never seemingly in the running.

Is this because they know LJ won’t leave here? Or because he’s just not rated as highly as the others that are linked?

I definitely don’t want LJ to leave, I just find it strange that he’s not even in the betting while other managers in a similar position are regularly linked to the vacancies.

Haven't particularly seen the above managers linked with vacancies, but you'd think Heckingbottom and Wilder must be at least as welded to their clubs as LJ is to BCFC.

LJ needs a very solid season at this level - despite an impressive start to this season, and very favourable publicity in the media, his overall managerial record remains very patchy.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Haven't particularly seen the above managers linked with vacancies, but you'd think Heckingbottom and Wilder must be at least as welded to their clubs as LJ is to BCFC.

LJ needs a very solid season at this level - despite an impressive start to this season, and very favourable publicity in the media, his overall managerial record remains very patchy.

Here’s the current betting for the West Brom job via Sky Bet.

842CC7F6-3608-40AA-853D-8A499BA6AAFD.thumb.png.c9768c424292d81a3b38f29d950f592b.png

I wouldn’t suggest that Heckingbottom or Wilder have particularly great CV’s, Heckingbottom’s first managerial job & Wilder has only managed in the lower division & as you say, both are at clubs that they supposedly support.

Would Espirito really leave Wolves, with all the financial backing he has been given & with the project that is currently going on there as opposed to what is currently going on at West Brom? I really can’t see that.

As I said, I just find it a little surprising that after all the publicity LJ has got for this season in particular & for his ‘forward thinking’ way of coaching, that he hasn’t at least been in the betting for similar jobs.

43 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Delusions of grandeur? We wanted to be able to watch football that didn't hurt our eyes. We'd had 10 years of Pulisball. Yeah, there were some great achievements, but the football was completely joyless. Tell me what delusions of grandeur I had. I wasn't asking for or expecting cup wins and top 6 finishes. I just wanted to get some enjoyment from what should have been my leisure time. You know nothing.

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Here’s the current betting for the West Brom job via Sky Bet.

842CC7F6-3608-40AA-853D-8A499BA6AAFD.thumb.png.c9768c424292d81a3b38f29d950f592b.png

I wouldn’t suggest that Heckingbottom or Wilder have particularly great CV’s, Heckingbottom’s first managerial job & Wilder has only managed in the lower division & as you say, both are at clubs that they supposedly support.

Would Espirito really leave Wolves, with all the financial backing he has been given & with the project that is currently going on there as opposed to what is currently going on at West Brom? I really can’t see that.

As I said, I just find it a little surprising that after all the publicity LJ has got for this season in particular & for his ‘forward thinking’ way of coaching, that he hasn’t at least been in the betting for similar jobs.

Fair points Tipps but I think LJ needs to put this 'bad run waiting to happen' syndrome behind him.

LJ gets favourable publicity in the media but a solid Championship season ( without one of his awful runs) would raise his profile where it matters - in boardrooms up and down the country.

12 minutes ago, Dreamkiller said:

Delusions of grandeur? We wanted to be able to watch football that didn't hurt our eyes. We'd had 10 years of Pulisball. Yeah, there were some great achievements, but the football was completely joyless. Tell me what delusions of grandeur I had. I wasn't asking for or expecting cup wins and top 6 finishes. I just wanted to get some enjoyment from what should have been my leisure time. You know nothing.

Well he took you from being a bang average championship side to one that had firmly established itself as a premier league fixture, with what, 5(?) solid finishes under him? From an outsider’s perspective that’s significant progress, but it doesn’t fit in with the modern fan’s view in this world of instant everything. 

I like to think that if any manager took us from being perennially average to established in the top flight they’d be hailed a hero, but tbh we’d probably be no different and start expecting more. We saw after our flirt with the top flight how success breeds expectation.

Having said all that, you’ve kicked on since he left somewhat. Was he backed financially as well as Hughes? Seems since TP left you’ve made a real effort to move on from being a mid table side. 

And whilst I sympathise with the ‘entertainment’ aspect, you’re Stoke. You’re not going to progress in the Premier League trying to play like Barca are you....Leicester won the league playing on the counter attack, they wouldn’t have finished in the top half if they’d tried to outplay the bigger sides. 

Archived