IGNORED

Tiny Penis - Groundhog Day!

kmpowell

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

not only do I share your concern that City funded TP's legal costs

Now I didn't say we did fund his costs....

There's an interesting legal convention that states it isn't normally a matter for disclosure as to who funds one's costs. In Lousy's case, however, Scally's silk argued it was material to the case given we'd denied all involvement. Lousy's brief pleaded hard to maintain the convention but the Judge, having had enough, ruled it was material and Lousy admitted to Court that City were underwriting his costs, which even the blindest of Pughs could see was a very odd state of affairs. Lousy I recall also suggested  he would not have taken action were he to have taken the risk directly. Shortly thereafter the Judge 'suggested' to Lousy's brief they take a stock check and after lunch Lousy returned to withdraw his action.

Now whether Lousy paid his own costs, paid us back, or we ended up getting lumbered is unknown, hence my asking and City's refusal to tell shareholders.

43 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Now I didn't say we did fund his costs....

There's an interesting legal convention that states it isn't normally a matter for disclosure as to who funds one's costs. In Lousy's case, however, Scally's silk argued it was material to the case given we'd denied all involvement. Lousy's brief pleaded hard to maintain the convention but the Judge, having had enough, ruled it was material and Lousy admitted to Court that City were underwriting his costs, which even the blindest of Pughs could see was a very odd state of affairs. Lousy I recall also suggested  he would not have taken action were he to have taken the risk directly. Shortly thereafter the Judge 'suggested' to Lousy's brief they take a stock check and after lunch Lousy returned to withdraw his action.

Now whether Lousy paid his own costs, paid us back, or we ended up getting lumbered is unknown, hence my asking and City's refusal to tell shareholders.

Going off at a slight tangent, it is interesting to note that you use a character with Bristol origins (RLS's Treasure Island, although I am sure you knew that) to help illustrate your account.

I believe you are now in London, however, and you might want to check with the late Charlie Drake (Hello my Darlings) as to how the blind beggar's name is actually spelt/pronounced, for, as The Worker would undoubtedly confirm, it is in fact Mr Pew.

As an aside, I am convinced that Black Adder's Baldrick character (also with Bristol links) was based on The Worker.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

it is in fact Mr Pew.

Sir, I stand corrected and thank you for highlighting the error of my ways. I had considered the possibility it was spelt thus, but dare not risk checking for fear of encountering matters piratical.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

it is in fact Mr Pew.

Sir, I stand corrected and thank you for highlighting the error of my ways. I had considered the possibility it was spelt thus, but dare not risk checking for fear of encountering matters piratical.

8 hours ago, Taz said:

If they want to go down then they may as well give him a go.

Typical Scottish journalists bigging one of their own to be the saviour for one of the English clubs.

Disastourous record with us at a lower level than WBA currently are. I would think that no Premiership team would touch him for that reason.

McInnes would probably do well at clubs like Bury or Chesterfield but the step up to the Premiership is a gulf way too big. It wouldn't surprise me if WBA did employ him though due to the incompetent chumps that plague boardrooms in football.

Dyche would be my choice or perhaps Wilder - but would they come?

13 hours ago, Simez said:

IMG_6954.JPG

Remember it well.

Always thought it quite skilful to fit so much on such a small space.

Very neatly done too, a little bit of panic putting the 'on' right next to the ''out' thinking he might not fit it all in and then the realisation of more than adequate space on the last line and moving the 'your' across.

Enough room left for 2 exclamation marks too.

Great welcoming message with the right amount of understated menace, very well presented. Well done indeed.

19 hours ago, Tomarse said:

I was at Uni in Plymouth and came home for 4 of those 0-0's. I could have been pissing it up all weekend with lots of lovely student lasses. But no. No I came home to watch that shite. No wonder I went all term without getting laid. 

At least Pulis ****** you!

14 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I remember a home game v Stoke I think where we were losing 1-0 and Tins scored a screamer from about thirty yards in front of the EE.

No-one cheered as we knew the goal had kept the**** in a job for another week at least.

I think that was at the Britannia, Remebrance Sunday if memory serves! 

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I remember a home game v Stoke I think where we were losing 1-0 and Tins scored a screamer from about thirty yards in front of the EE.

No-one cheered as we knew the goal had kept the**** in a job for another week at least.

wasn't the EE just for away fans then?, and I'm pretty sure Tin's screamer was at the britana in that god awful purple and lime striped kit

1 hour ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Nice one!  I seem to recall that was on Ashton Road near the Coopers. Am I right or is time playing tricks?

If I recall correctly someone painted it up at the back of the east end and also on the shutters of the red and white cafe?

I also think *think* it was painted over and then some more stuff appeared?

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:32, Icelandic Clap said:

I think that was at the Britannia, Remebrance Sunday if memory serves! 

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:21, Monkeh said:

wasn't the EE just for away fans then?, and I'm pretty sure Tin's screamer was at the britana in that god awful purple and lime striped kit

It was definitely a home game - I was in the Atyeo. I could be wrong about the opposition though.

On 606 tonight "Devon", a Man U fan, has rung in. He's argued that a player diving to win a pen is part of the game and should not bring about a ban for that player.

He then rang back to say Man U are winning, but they are not entertaining., Therefore they should sack Mourinho and replace him with Tony Pulis so they play the football that fans want to watch!

Archived