IGNORED

BBC 3 Drugsland Bristol.

Portland Bill

I haven’t seen it mentioned on here, there is a programme on BBC 3 catch up called ‘drugsland’. 

Its filmed in Bristol, with undercover\ plain clothed police, the first one is filmed in the Stokes Croft St Paul’s area, mainly in the area of Hepburn road which it seems is nicknamed ‘crack alley’.

I think? there is a series of programmes, all filmed in Bristol over the last 18 months.

Found that quite interesting, even more so as I used to live just around the corner. Left about 6 years ago and it was worse then in my opinion.

The guy they got in the end was still way down the chain of supply but at least it removed a problem for the local residents.

A&S have a high tolerance for users. Whilst that itself is progressive, Bristol does have a reputation as a place to get 'good drugs' and i wonder if that combination will only lead to more users and therefore more dealers.

Watched the second episode this evening on the I-Player.  Spoiler alert****** so a bit like the 10 o'clock news on a Saturday night, if you don't want to know the scores, look away now.

I recently worked at the BRI and would park regularly in the Trenchard Street car park.  I spoke to the two people in the episode regularly.  Always respectful, friendly and never aggressive in their begging.  

Archived