Team For Preston?

wendyredredrobin

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Frank

Bailey Nathan Aden Joe

Jamie Josh Korey Callum

Matty Bobby

Or will Lee go with a 3 - 5 - 2?

We may need to set up to play a stubborn team, so my preference would be an extra midfielder with Bobby deep.

Bailey Nathan Aden

Callum Jamie Josh Korey Joe

Bobby

Matty

Either way, it's the same 11 for me whatever the formation.

If they're gonna 'park that bus we could really 'do with Djuric starting with either Taylor or Reid...or Djuric up top with Taylor,three at the back with Reid deeper...

Only thing is Djuric fit enough?

44 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Maybe bring them on if we need to, but i dont think either have earned a start.

2 wingers are great if you have a couple of big strong strikers.  Maybe see how things are going and bring on Leko and Milan.

Leko was fantastic on his debut but has been poor since. Fulham away in particular where it was like we were playing with 10 men too!

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Fielding

Wright      Flint      Baker      Bryan 

Odowda  Smith  Brownhill  Paterson

Djuric    Reid 

Wow - surnames. How old fashioned but entirely welcome.

Think we may see Taylor for Djuric with Djuric coming on later - need to nurse his injury.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

As I posted on the other thread, team I’m personally expecting (might be 1-2 out):

Maxwell

Fisher Huntington Davies Woods

Pearson Johnson

Barkhuizen Browne Mavididi

Hugill

PNE's injury troubles are well documented, but I am not very familiar with your squad. How does this compare to what would be first choice? Is this a particularly weakened side?

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

PNE's injury troubles are well documented, but I am not very familiar with your squad. How does this compare to what would be first choice? Is this a particularly weakened side?

That wouldn't be too far off although there's a few 50/50s in there. Fisher has a groin strain, Davies' appendix burst a few weeks ago. They are both first choice in respective positions. Alex Neil said he'd got a couple back in training yesterday and today and the presumption is that it's them. If they aren't in fact returning then we could be in trouble at the back with Boyle/O'Connor, two Irish league purchases who have not looked good, staying in.

Woods is a good right back with a good left foot who's comfortable at LB, but he'd be third choice there. Cunningham is first choice (out until the New Year huge loss) and a young academy graduate Josh Earl who has just turned 19. Woods himself has also had some fitness issues and missed the entirety of last season due to an ACL so he still gets niggles and etc. after runs of games.

Sean Maguire would be first choice on the left and he's been tremendous since signing from Cork but now he's out until the New Year too with the same injury as Cunningham. Mavididi was decent on Friday vs Bolton but we're yet to see fully what he can do. Robinson could play on the left and he was great last season, but he's had a shocking season so far and seems to be struggling to adapt to Neil's style.

Basically it's going to depend on who we can get back for tomorrow night. It's been a nightmare to be honest for Neil because he wasn't able to do much in the summer in the market for some reason, and with the injury crisis we have all learned that many of our back-up players are simply not up to scratch. Our first 12-13 players would give anyone a game in this division but some of the squad players have been woeful since having to fill in.

The word going around, and in the local press too, is that we've already done a lot of groundwork for January and deals will be done quickly because Neil was not backed enough in the summer and we need much higher quality strength in depth and Neil needs more of his stamp on the squad.

9 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

That wouldn't be too far off although there's a few 50/50s in there. Fisher has a groin strain, Davies' appendix burst a few weeks ago. They are both first choice in respective positions. Alex Neil said he'd got a couple back in training yesterday and today and the presumption is that it's them. If they aren't in fact returning then we could be in trouble at the back with Boyle/O'Connor, two Irish league purchases who have not looked good, staying in.

Woods is a good right back with a good left foot who's comfortable at LB, but he'd be third choice there. Cunningham is first choice (out until the New Year huge loss) and a young academy graduate Josh Earl who has just turned 19. Woods himself has also had some fitness issues and missed the entirety of last season due to an ACL so he still gets niggles and etc. after runs of games.

Sean Maguire would be first choice on the left and he's been tremendous since signing from Cork but now he's out until the New Year too with the same injury as Cunningham. Mavididi was decent on Friday vs Bolton but we're yet to see fully what he can do. Robinson could play on the left and he was great last season, but he's had a shocking season so far and seems to be struggling to adapt to Neil's style.

Basically it's going to depend on who we can get back for tomorrow night. It's been a nightmare to be honest for Neil because he wasn't able to do much in the summer in the market for some reason, and with the injury crisis we have all learned that many of our back-up players are simply not up to scratch. Our first 12-13 players would give anyone a game in this division but some of the squad players have been woeful since having to fill in.

The word going around, and in the local press too, is that we've already done a lot of groundwork for January and deals will be done quickly because Neil was not backed enough in the summer and we need much higher quality strength in depth and Neil needs more of his stamp on the squad.

Interestingly, during Cunningham’s time here, he was exceptionally good for us until he picked up a serious injury and was never the same again. 

He has obviously done well with you, for a more prolonged period, but I wonder if a long term injury will see history repeating itself..? 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Really concerned with djuric still not being fit he has been back in the first team for a month now. I think he is a fantastic player but seems to have andy Carroll syndrome in that is he ever fully fit for a target man

Whilst I would not concurr with the adjective 'fantastic' he is effective, however, as you say, his fitness is a concern.

I blamed the top-knot but as it has gone now there has to be another reason.............

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Really concerned with djuric still not being fit he has been back in the first team for a month now. I think he is a fantastic player but seems to have andy Carroll syndrome in that is he ever fully fit for a target man

LJ gave us the reason for the cautious use of Milan, in a recent interview. Assuming he was telling it as it really is, he said that if too much stress is put on the side of groin that was operated on, it could cause the other side of his body to fail similarly. It apparently is going to take a while before Duric gets back to full match fitness. We just have to be patient.

6 hours ago, Chappers said:

At a guess, pretty similar to Saturday. Can't see Leko or Elliason starting after recent performances, in fact both so far have shown occasional glimpses of quality but mostly been poor/ invisible. 

Tend to agree, same can be said for Woodrow.

Bailey in at RB, Smith into CM replacing Pack, otherwise unchanged starting line-up from Saturday assuming Joe fit.

If Joe isn't fit I don't think Magnússon has quite been poor enough to drop yet. 

In fact if he plays tonight It's a good chance for him to put in a decent performance against a side low on confidence. 

If Bryan is fit, then I feel sadly for Mags he will drop out with Bailey coming back in. 

Pato to come in for Pack although Pack will be unlikely not to start considering his performance Saturday but it is the likely change. 

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan (Magnússon)

Pato Brownhill Smith O'Dowda 

Reid Taylor

Archived