IGNORED

Team For Preston?

wendyredredrobin

16 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

If they're gonna 'park that bus we could really 'do with Djuric starting with either Taylor or Reid...or Djuric up top with Taylor,three at the back with Reid deeper...

Only thing is Djuric fit enough?

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

If theyre that short at the back with their injuries i think Djuric needs to start. Take advantage of their lack of first choice centre backs with his physical presence. 

Tend to agree... hit em hard and hit em fast. Eliasson and Pato on the wings for 20 minutes and Duric and Bobby up front. Hit em for 2 goals then see how long Duric lasts and put Taylor on in the 2nd period.

14 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Really concerned with djuric still not being fit he has been back in the first team for a month now. I think he is a fantastic player but seems to have andy Carroll syndrome in that is he ever fully fit for a target man

9 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

LJ gave us the reason for the cautious use of Milan, in a recent interview. Assuming he was telling it as it really is, he said that if too much stress is put on the side of groin that was operated on, it could cause the other side of his body to fail similarly. It apparently is going to take a while before Duric gets back to full match fitness. We just have to be patient.

I read this and have been meaning to read more around the subject because it is fascinating; apparently if a player had a groin injury in the old days they would operate on both groins because the issue you describe above is quite common; they don't do it today for.. who knows what reason allied to health and safety nonsense.. so what is happening to Duric now was entirely predictable; not a dead cert but lets say, common.

P.S. BTW... i have to bow out of the MDT for this evening folks and have asked Peg to step in... if she does not step up in a timely fashion i guess its a free for all.. Big Tone or perhaps Major can have a bash as deputies. I am sure you will cope without me. ;( 

58 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Is Pato match fit? LJ mentioned on his interview he didnt think he was ready but had to throw him on as a sub.

I'd imagine Pato will be ready for tonight, 

LJ said he wasn't ready to start saturday, but with us being away from home it probably wasn't a game we desperately needed him to start.

Being back at the gate and wanting to take the game to Preston from the off I imagine Pato will come back in tonight. 

As I'v said before fatigue and long term injuries will stifle us and you can see it happening with Duric and Pa o who we will need to carefully monitor if we don't want short term strains to turn into long term tares. Its for that reason and that alone & despite the fantastic season to date, I expect us to finish outside of the top six.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Leko and or Eliasson start.

Although Woodrow is lightweight I think we'll see him starting as he's one of the few forwards fresh and 100% fit. Djuric is going to need an operation on the other side of his groin at some stage from what LJ has said so will be used sparingly, Taylor is coming back from injury and not fully fit yet. If Joe is missing then Hörður will continue at LB. Leko or Elliason may get a run-out as Pato also only partially fit. LJ will want to use the squad as we have a busy period coming up.

Fielding

wright   Flint Baker   Mags (unless JB is fit)

Brownhill    Smith     Pack     COD

Reid     Taylor

Subs:

Steele

Djuric

Pato (doesn't seem fit yet)

Vyner

Kelly

Woodrow

Leko

If Pato is fit to start, move COD to the RHS, put Pato in on the LHS and put Josh into the middle with Marlon dropping to the bench.

If JB starts, Mags drops to the bench in place of Kelly.

Eliason, Leko and Woodrow should be on the bench.  They need sub appearances to earn a start in my view.  All 3 have shown that theycoyld be up to it, but have spent more time on the pitch producing little.

As for Joe being 50/50 with a pulled groin, why doesn't he just stop pulling it? :)

Would love to see more of Milan, but as LJ says, he needs to be used sparingly.  We dont want to set him back another 3 months.

Probably need to send Woodrow back to Fulham and find a loan striker. Maybe Chelski have a couple going spare.

Archived