IGNORED

Not sure whether to laugh or cry?

phantom

It's being going on for years.  I remember when Matt Busby died the FA decreed there should be a minute's silence across the full fixture list.  Leeds were on Sky, away to Blackburn if the memory serves, and their supporters sang "one Don Revie" through the the minute's silence.  The club issued them all with life bans, but I don't know if they were ever enforced.

A few years ago, in the days of the bubble trips with Cardiff, I was walking through the car park past the fence behind which the Cardiff coaches were parked and a gobby sheep sh*gger was goading us. "**** off you Welsh tw*t " I shouted before being collared by a copper. My punishment was being marched back to the fence and forced to apologise to said Taff or be nicked. 

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

A few years ago, in the days of the bubble trips with Cardiff, I was walking through the car park past the fence behind which the Cardiff coaches were parked and a gobby sheep sh*gger was goading us. "**** off you Welsh tw*t " I shouted before being collared by a copper. My punishment was being marched back to the fence and forced to apologise to said Taff or be nicked. 

I got bollocked by my (Welsh) English teacher in Yr10 for jovially referring to my City supporting mate as a sheep shagger. 

3 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I should think so too.

I hope you went back and said that you were sorry that he was a welsh  tw*t!

36 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

To be fair, that does seem quite a sensible reaction from the Heddlu: an apology, a gentle humiliation and life goes on. 

50 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I hope you were nice and said '

Yeah sorry about that , .....................you Welsh tw*t "

:D

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Christ, makes you wonder where football is heading.

Indeed....  blowing bubbles aint enough for some cockneys it seems..  ffs  heard it all now.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/police-have-issued-a-warning-to-west-ham-united-supporters-after-a-fan-called-999-to-report-the-teams-poor-performance/ar-BBFl1gx?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartandhp

Personally not offended but where does the buck stop.

The initial John Terry complaint with Anton Ferdinand came from a supporter in the crowd. He heard the alleged abuse and that sparked the investigation.

Just wondered if you think there are levels in which a blind eye should be turned to lesser offences?

As I say a masturbatory hand signal does not offend me but may others. Is it subjective or PC gone bleeding mad?

3 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

The initial John Terry complaint with Anton Ferdinand came from a supporter in the crowd. He heard the alleged abuse and that sparked the investigation.

Just wondered if you think there are levels in which a blind eye should be turned to lesser offences?

As I say a masturbatory hand signal does not offend me but may others. Is it subjective or PC gone bleeding mad?

Most banter is 'tongue in cheek' anyway.... :whistle2:

28 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Imo football should be almost no holds barred. No racism, homophobia, or sexism obviously, but should be an opportunity to burn off a weeks stress.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20171120-213540.png

The fan was simply indicating how many goals he wanted the opposing team to score and was shaking his hand vigorously for attention reasons.

If the viewer who saw this gesture as something else, then maybe the problem lies with him or her. Maybe a session with a Freudian psychologist is required?

Whilst this complaint is utterly ridiculous and should be stopped immediately, I’ve never actually seen the point of people making the gesture, it’s not like they’re gonna see you, or even if they did, react to it, so I really don’t get why people do it at football.

If you were having an argument with someone face to face then I could kind of understand (even though it’s a childish gesture in my opinion) but to do it at football, where the person it’s aimed at won’t see it, seems pointless really. 

Archived