IGNORED

The official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread 18

Septic Peg

Howdy folks.

@havanatopia has gone AWOL after spotting a Preston scarf dangling from the back of a motor. He hasn't been heard from since. Rumours of his capture and apparent PNE brainwashing are unfounded at present. We will pray for you Hav #pray4Hav

So you lucky things have my deputising today.

Preston is a shithole 'oop North and is nestled in the centre of Lancashire

Lancashire is famous for its red rose and it's association with the Tudor family. The War of the Roses, which culminated in the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 was a 30 year tug of war for the control of the English throne between the Tudor family and the York family, represented by a white rose (hence War of the Roses). In 1485, Richard III was ousted by Henry VII and thus began the Tudor dynasty, best known for producing serial shagger Henry VIII. His old man, Henry VII, in a stroke of diplomacy, married Elizabeth of York, cementing the families and thus ending the battles. 

In 2012, Richard III's body was found under a car park in Leicester, over 100 miles from both Lancashire and York. After much research, study and DNA testing, the remains were confirmed as Richard III and he was re-buried at Leicester Cathedral. Henry VII was buried at Westminster Abbey and Henry VIII at Windsor Castle.

Preston itself was, like most northern towns, a centre of industry. In Preston's case, this was mainly the production of textiles. This was the main source of employment in the town until WW1, after which most of the factories were closed and the area began to slump. In the 70s, one of the final textile factories closed and in the 80s, the docks on the River Ribble were shut for good. Today, Preston is once again a hive of activity, with major corporations such as Carphone Warehouse, BAE Systems and Toshiba having regional or national HQ's here.

Preston was also finally awarded city status in 2002 by HM Queen Elizabeth II. It became the 50th city in the country and was made a city in the 50th year of the Queen's reign.

On to tonight and PNE have a great relationship with City fans, after we backed them to come up with us from L1 instead of Swindon in the play off final of 2015. Deepdale is a friendly place and their fans are just the same, as evident by the PNE visitors we have here. 

It still hurts that they poached Greg from us but we go again.

I feel a 2-1 win for us tonight infront of the AG faithful. 

Come on you reds.

Feeling confident tonight (It's already pitch black and has been snowing and now sleeting)   I think we will win by 2 clear goals. Like us Preston have a lot of injuries, inc Greg and we have managed to keep up our good record, BW should be back as well.  Come on boys end the Preston hoodo and start the week with 3 points and end it with 6.  COYR's

31 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Isn't "the North" all all just one huge cesspit anyway? And where does it start? I'm thinking anything above Stokes Croft is blatantly northern.

Hang on a minute. I live just north of Stokes Croft! Although I like pies it doesn’t make me northern. I’d say the north starts at Almondsbury

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Howdy folks.

@havanatopia has gone AWOL after spotting a Preston scarf dangling from the back of a motor. He hasn't been heard from since. Rumours of his capture and apparent PNE brainwashing are unfounded at present. We will pray for you Hav #pray4Hav

So you lucky things have my deputising today.

Preston is a shithole 'oop North and is nestled in the centre of Lancashire

Lancashire is famous for its red rose and it's association with the Tudor family. The War of the Roses, which culminated in the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 was a 30 year tug of war for the control of the English throne between the Tudor family and the York family, represented by a white rose (hence War of the Roses). In 1485, Richard III was ousted by Henry VII and thus began the Tudor dynasty, best known for producing serial shagger Henry VIII. His old man, Henry VII, in a stroke of diplomacy, married Elizabeth of York, cementing the families and thus ending the battles. 

In 2012, Richard III's body was found under a car park in Leicester, over 100 miles from both Lancashire and York. After much research, study and DNA testing, the remains were confirmed as Richard III and he was re-buried at Leicester Cathedral. Henry VII was buried at Westminster Abbey and Henry VIII at Windsor Castle.

Preston itself was, like most northern towns, a centre of industry. In Preston's case, this was mainly the production of textiles. This was the main source of employment in the town until WW1, after which most of the factories were closed and the area began to slump. In the 70s, one of the final textile factories closed and in the 80s, the docks on the River Ribble were shut for good. Today, Preston is once again a hive of activity, with major corporations such as Carphone Warehouse, BAE Systems and Toshiba having regional or national HQ's here.

Preston was also finally awarded city status in 2002 by HM Queen Elizabeth II. It became the 50th city in the country and was made a city in the 50th year of the Queen's reign.

On to tonight and PNE have a great relationship with City fans, after we backed them to come up with us from L1 instead of Swindon in the play off final of 2015. Deepdale is a friendly place and their fans are just the same, as evident by the PNE visitors we have here. 

It still hurts that they poached Greg from us but we go again.

I feel a 2-1 win for us tonight infront of the AG faithful. 

Come on you reds.

Richard the third , otherwise known as , Tricky Dicky , must have upset some heavy guys to warrant being buried under a car park. 

:mafia:

We like Preston don't we ? So why do they keep persisting on our parade ?

They can have Greg , we'll keep Josh and Bailey Wright . :yes:

Tonight , dear friends , is another test of our promotion credentials.

A draw away at Wednesday was good but to be automatic promotion contenders we need to be racking up a few more wins starting with Preston .

I believe we'll do it but every match in this league is tough and we must be at our best to claim the three points .

There are no easy games . 

Just now, reddevon said:

Didn't the PNE 'love-in' start with the final game of the 1999/2000 season when they won the League 2 title under Moyes winning 2-0 at our place.

The City fans applause march from the Atyeo to the East End will live long in the memory!

It helped that the Gas fell out the play-offs that afternoon!

36 minutes ago, reddevon said:

Didn't the PNE 'love-in' start with the final game of the 1999/2000 season when they won the League 2 title under Moyes winning 2-0 at our place.

The City fans applause march from the Atyeo to the East End will live long in the memory!

And dancing the conga on the pitch with the P.N.E. fans !

24 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

It can't do. The road signs at the M42 interchange say " The North". If your theory is correct surely the sign would say " Even Norther"

This is the same as the east. There is the Far East and the Middle East, but do you every hear anyone talking about the near east? 

I think tonight is a good indicator of how far we have come this season. And how far we can go. We are facing a preston team on the back foot from the first whistle, their low on confidence and struggling with injuries. A 1-0/2-0 win will cement my belief we will finish in the play offs. However, if we can show a ruthless streak tonight and really take the game to them and give them a pasting then it will show that with a few quality additions in jan, that we can push for the top 2. 

Archived