IGNORED

The official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread 18

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Cannybluff said:

To be fair we'e not been great. Their goal got a lucky rebound to one of theirs for the goal while we were unlucky early on when flint shot was blocked.

Agree that djuric playing is encouraging too many long balls. We need to be a lot sharper. Will be interesting to see if we can turn this round. They're well organised and it could be a struggle...

To be fair to Djuric he has won quite a few and got knock downs, but nobody is getting close enough to him to pick them up.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Cant blame the ref all the time. 

The only real shocking performance out there tonight is ours

To be fair, the ref has been atrocious. But you are right that the team have to take responsibility for a poor performance. Nobody has been great but Paterson has been anonymous and Bryan does not look fit. We can do much better and let’s hope we do better second half!

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Cant blame the ref all the time. 

The only real shocking performance out there tonight is ours

I have said we were poor

You dont think a Preston player almost kicking someone in the back of the head as they do a header but just giving a throw in is poor? At the very least it is dangerous play.

Or the Preston player kicking one of ours right in front of the ref and just a talking to?

A booking after our player wins the ball and a PNE one runs into him.

All utter shambles of decisions.

Us playing badly and the ref being dire are 2 seperate things here, I havent blamed the ref for us being behind, purely stated that he is shit.

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

To be fair, the ref has been atrocious. But you are right that the team have to take responsibility for a poor performance. Nobody has been great but Paterson has been anonymous and Bryan does not look fit. We can do much better and let’s hope we do better second half!

Bl**dy well hope so, 1 shot on target (from Flint) and zero corners in first half tells the story.

Potentially the worst tactical decision I have ever seen by a city manager. 

We’re playing a left winger at right wing, to get balls into the box for our striker who isn’t a striker he’s an attacking midfielder. 

Absolutely no outlet and no plan. Going to be the easiest half Preston will have all season.  

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Potentially the worst tactical decision I have ever seen by a city manager. 

We’re playing a left winger at right wing, to get balls into the box for our striker who isn’t a striker he’s an attacking midfielder. 

Absolutely no outlet and no plan. Going to be the easiest half Preston will have all season.  

I fear you are right.

I really really want to repost this at the end when we have stuffed them this half.

At the moment...no sign of that at all.

Archived