IGNORED

The official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread 18

Septic Peg

If ever a time wasting, cheating gang of weasels deserved to lose it was Preston, assisted by a piss weak referee.

But let’s be honest tonight we couldn’t beat an egg, we were shocking slow, lethargic, unambitious, couldn’t string 2 passes together all night, we had no shape and I think lacking in a game plan, let’s face it we are not creative enough to open up teams who seek to stop us playing.

If anything we worse in the 2nd half.

Fielding 6 let down by his defence and midfield for both goals.

Wright 6 was ok, nothing more nothing less.

Flint 5 looked edgy to me all night.

Baker 5 another not at his best.

Bryan 4 just wasn’t at it tonight, passing radar was well off.

Patterson 3 rightly subbed.

Brownhill 5 tried hard but bullied too much tonight.

Smith 5 by his standards a night to forget.

ODowda 5 another who tried but achieved nothing.

Reid 4 can’t think of anything positives tonight.

Djuric 4 clearly not fit.

Pack 4 offered nothing extra.

Eliasson 6 apart from his crossing, he was a mini bright spark.

Woodrow 5 took his goal well.

LJ 4 got pretty much got everything wrong tonight, team selection, set up, tactics, i’ve upped him from a 3 because 2 of the subs worked.

Big test on Saturday and quite a few players owe a better performance, I repeat we were shocking.

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Really disappointing. Hopefully people will criticise and pick apart this performance in isolation rather than the club/management/players/ our.season as a whole.

In isolation we carried Djuric Bryan and Patterson fo a half. Left fit players on the bench and finished the game with no left back two half time subs for injured players and Elliason crossing for dwarf forwards (not his fault)

I can take losing I am a City fan after all, but that was self inflicted.

We were second best all over the field to a team that came to spoil...Nuts!

Well...Zac Vyner was a good co-commentator on Radio Bristol. We lost. It had to happen sooner or later. In the immortal words...."don't panic Captain Mainwairing".

Hopefully it's just a blip and we can crack on from here.

3 defeats in 18 games. Put it right at Hull.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Final score. Most disappointing result of the season for me. Back to earth with a bump.

Millwall, Leeds, Burton, now Preston all showed how to negate us at home now. Got much right this season, but not sure LJ did today.

Ho hum. 

We need January badly and some quality additions. Paterson seems lost. Too inconsistent. Why not change to 3.5.2 at home against these sides who sit back. Extra man in midfield. Two strikers and width. 

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Same old City?  Flattering only to deceive 

Been here too many times over the years.

If we are serious about finishing in top six, two simple points for management to take on board

1 Only play fully fit players, even if young

2 Make quality signings as soon as possible in January window 

If you don't then we have to accept mediocrity (and possibly ........)

When you've supported City as long as some of us have, it's hard not to be pessimistic isn't it.

Our home form is nowhere near good enough to get promoted.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

Squad is not strong enough to compete at this level yet. Few injuries, suspensions etc, and we are fooked. Still can’t complain at this stage of the season compared v where I thought we would be.

Reality strikes.

Yep. Been unlucky with injuries but that's what happens when you don't buy experienced pros at this level. 

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

If ever a time wasting, cheating gang of weasels deserved to lose it was Preston, assisted by a piss weak referee.

But let’s be honest tonight we couldn’t beat an egg, we were shocking slow, lethargic, unambitious, couldn’t string 2 passes together all night, we had no shape and I think lacking in a game plan, let’s face it we are not creative enough to open up teams who seek to stop us playing.

LJ 4 got pretty much got everything wrong tonight, team selection, set up, tactics, i’ve upped him from a 3 because 2 of the subs worked.

Big test on Saturday and quite a few players owe a better performance, I repeat we were shocking.

Bryan was not fit nor Djuric or Patterson.

But Yes as above. Its what I saw!

Robinson's been having a poor season so a surprise to him him pop up late on with that winner but a very welcome one indeed.

Don't want to sound boastful at all but thought it was a fully-deserved win. We didn't play amazingly well but it was a solid away display against an underwhelming Bristol City side.

Thought Pearson and Johnson were class in CM for us. Liked the look of O'Dowda for Bristol City.

Also, think Brownhill needs to confiscate his dad's phone during games! https://twitter.com/gbrownhill56 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Eh? They’re getting injured because they aren’t experienced pros? :blink:

Did you hear the interview with our physio? Mentioned around some of the overseas lads struggling with the regular games at this level. It's intense. We need proven players in Jan to supplement. 

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Really? Most people seemed happy with the starting line up. Our passing was atrocious tonight, and we didn't do the simple things well enough. I'd actually say Preston are one of the only teams that have physically bullied us this season, which is weird.

Flint and Baker didn't seem up for it at all, and weren't winning most of their aerial duels as usual. When those two are off, then I begin to worry about everyone.

The players looked tired more than anything, and just so so sluggish on the ball. Johnson may have got a few things wrong tonight, but he shouldn't be held to account for what the players gave us tonight, and that was dross for the majority of the game.

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bad knobheads.

Lose on Saturday and I guarantee there'll be people predicting us to get relegated. 

We won't get relegated nor do I believe we are good enough to go up.

I think to begin next season as a club to be taken seriously, would be a real avhievement.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Agree with all of that. Typical after my glowing praise of Saturday's performance.

Tinkerman struck again tonight sadly. Set us up too defensively, no spark about the team, no cohesion. They looked lost.

Only positive was Eliasson who provided some decent entertainment against a tiring PNE back line. 

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Bryan was not fit nor Djuric or Patterson.

But Yes as above. Its what I saw!

Then they should not have been selected to play, not good management in a season where LJ has got most things correct IMHO.

Cannot understand the long ball shit, what is that all about?, it seems to me that when teams seek to stop us playing our only tactic is a long ball game.

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Robinson's been having a poor season so a surprise to him him pop up late on with that winner but a very welcome one indeed.

Don't want to sound boastful at all but thought it was a fully-deserved win. We didn't play amazingly well but it was a solid away display against an underwhelming Bristol City side.

Thought Pearson and Johnson were class in CM for us. Liked the look of O'Dowda for Bristol City.

What a little ***** that Pearson is. Bad sportsmanship charging Joe full on in the chest with his shoulder, nowhere near trying to play the ball. Joe had to go off. 

Archived