IGNORED

The official Bristol City v Preston North End Match Day Thread 18

Septic Peg

Need to give a bit more credit to Preston’s press. When they decided to press they were everywhere and even when balls were played to feet it would come straight back. The ball didn’t stick to the wingers or strikers first half. Extra central mid gave the wingers a bit more time but by then Preston were seeing the game out and we were sending crosses to Woodrow and Reid to win. Bad night from everyone. LJ got it wrong and players did no favours to their fellow teammate. 

30 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

That's the type of player he is. Hated by other fans but loved by his fans. He got booked for that I think and is now banned for 5 yellows. Take away the debate about sportsmanship/him being a knob though and it's clear that he's a top midfielder in this league.

We did but we hadn't won in almost 2 months and needed to do whatever it took to get a result. Time wasting is one of those things in football which fans on the receiving end say is cheating etc. but when their team do it, it's seeing the game out well and good, professional game management etc etc.

From 20 minutes in?  Is it ****.

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes he seems to be saying that. More quotes from twitter:

LJ: "I didn’t recognise us. We lacked our identity. It was very frustrating.” 

LJ: "It could have been anyone I took off at half-time.”

LJ: "I can handle losing but not if we aren’t playing to our identity.” 

I must admit I feel that his interview is a little disappointing in as much as, he squarely blames the players and I understand that but a little humility like "perhaps in hindsight Djuric, Patterson and maybe Bryan were not fully fit, so perhaps I need to look at my team selection?".

For me it was like watching City of old, just like when LJ played, invisible midfield - first instinct pass back, manage a bit of space, don’t even think of a deft pass, rather hoof it forward to an inept big man devoid of basic ball skills and hope for the best - that said, once again a ref, totally dishonest without a hint of impartiality, the git a neighbour of PNE!

Best spell of the match Eliasson! Surely with 4/5 of our starting 11 not match fit he has to start, bring in the walking wounded late in the game, not start them!

Sorry LJ, was beginning to believe in you! But there still a lot for you to learn, no good blaming the team you picked, if you don’t have the strength in depth you need, recall the loanies that score goals for fun!

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Squad is not strong enough to compete at this level yet. Few injuries, suspensions etc, and we are fooked. Still can’t complain at this stage of the season compared v where I thought we would be.

Reality strikes.

Probably a little harsh given our position in the table but a small crack here and there due to those injuries might affect us detrimentally more than just tonight. Hope not.

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Yes he seems to be saying that. More quotes from twitter:

LJ: "I didn’t recognise us. We lacked our identity. It was very frustrating.” 

LJ: "It could have been anyone I took off at half-time.”

LJ: "I can handle losing but not if we aren’t playing to our identity.” 

Hope these criticisms don't backfire on him. In adversity is when good management needs to be evident; lets hope we see it.

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I respect people’s right to make their own decisions. Doesn’t mean I have to respect their choices. Two different things. Nothing to do with me deciding what people can and cannot do.

If people’s “support” for their team is conditional on them winning and performing well every game then that’s not the sort of support that earns any respect from me.

Throwing the toys out of the pram and walking away after 75 minutes, with fully 20 minutes of football still to play, is childish and petulant. There was still time for the team to get something from the game and the potential for that to happen would have been greater with more fans in the stands.

" Pathetic" "Childish" and " petulant" so two more adjectives added to describe your fellow supports - nice!

Speaking as someone who never leaves before the end I completely respect individuals rights to leave whenever they wish, not my choice, but it is entirely up to them. It's also a fairly standard response by supporters of any club worldwide when a game is not going well - we are hardly unique in that.

Aside from the insults,your argument is based on the theory that had they stayed the team would potentially performed better.

At best that is fanciful, in reality, hugely unlikely.

There is also a hint in your posts of ' I am more of a true fan than those that left early'. 

I am sure many that spend their hard earned money supporting the club and give up precious time to do so would have an issue with that stance.

7 hours ago, dave36 said:

For me it was like watching City of old, just like when LJ played, invisible midfield - first instinct pass back, manage a bit of space, don’t even think of a deft pass, rather hoof it forward to an inept big man devoid of basic ball skills and hope for the best - that said, once again a ref, totally dishonest without a hint of impartiality, the git a neighbour of PNE!

Best spell of the match Eliasson! Surely with 4/5 of our starting 11 not match fit he has to start, bring in the walking wounded late in the game, not start them!

Sorry LJ, was beginning to believe in you! But there still a lot for you to learn, no good blaming the team you picked, if you don’t have the strength in depth you need, recall the loanies that score goals for fun!

What happened to that other Swedish snowflake (I can't even remember his name)? Why is he even still on the books?

Archived