IGNORED

Everton's Niasse to be charged .....

headhunter

with successfully deceiving a match official in Saturday's game against Palace. Everton were awarded a spot kick from which Baines scored to level the scores.

Let's see how the FA deal with the first Premier League player to face the same charge as Bailey Wright.

From the FA's website these pearls of wisdom appear:

He has until 6pm on 21 November 2017 to respond.

Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

Each panel member will be asked to review all available video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it was an offence of ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’.

Only in circumstances where the panel are unanimous would The FA issue a charge.

I'm confused though having read this just now from the Telegraph:

The Football Association confirmed an expert panel had unanimously deemed Niasse to have committed a ‘successful deception of a match official’ to win a fifth-minute penalty in his club’s 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

The 27-year-old was given until 6pm to respond to the charge, with an admission or guilty verdict set to rule him out of Everton’s trip to Southampton on Sunday and the home game against West Ham three days later.

Is he getting a ban or not? Surely he must as the panel have found him guilty or is it a case of by 6.00 PM if he says OK, I did con the ref will the ban be halved or suspended

7 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

they should cancel out the Pen as well

I agree and disagree. Out of principle it sounds right. But as a fan, knowing a result is never final at the final whistle bothers me greatly. 

Harsher punishments I think. 6 game ban I'd be happier with and a more public announcement/shaming.

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I agree and disagree. Out of principle it sounds right. But as a fan, knowing a result is never final at the final whistle bothers me greatly. 

Harsher punishments I think. 6 game ban I'd be happier with and a more public announcement/shaming.

Agree, needs to carry a much more significant penalty to make it a viable deterrent 

Of course, a video review of any foul leading to a penalty would solve all the problems. No idea why it’s not been in place for years when many other sports have successfully integrated technology into difficult decision making. 

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely the threat of legal action would have made the FA reverse their decision, if not we should have proceeded with it 

Maybe the damages were not worth the legal fees or perhaps we didnt feel that we had a strong enough case, thougg the evidence looked strong enough to me.

I think the fact we or wright didn't offer an explanation as to why he held his face when we had the chance would make any legal case difficult. 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, fair play to them for fairly swiftly dealing with a case of this in the beloved BPL. Let’s just hope it’s applied consistently across the board. 

Indeed. Though the first one they pulled was always going to be a horrible dirty foreigner, after all they did invent it.

Let's see what happens next time one of our English 'stars' does it.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. Though the first one they pulled was always going to be a horrible dirty foreigner, after all they did invent it.

Let's see what happens next time one of our English 'stars' does it.

Alli should finally be able to play for England as he’ll miss half the league season. 

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Just double it each time found guilty in the english leagues. 

Archived