IGNORED

Hit and Run Driver

David

Apologies for the non football post but the chances are you might know the owner of a black Ford BF55 (she didn't get it all) who hit my daughter's car on Wednesday 15 November at 7pm on the roundabout at the top of St Michael's Hill. Do you know anyone with this part registration with damage to the front of their car. Any help would be so very much appreciated. Thank you, David M

Going back a couple of years I had to give a statement to the police about my neighbour problems. In the conversation I mentioned the neighbour drink driving on a regular basis. As this wasn't a major factor in my complaint I didn't have the whole number plate as I wasn't expected to be asked. I knew the fist 2 letters and 2 numbers but wasn't sure of the last 3 letters, exactly as the OP has.  I was surprised when the policeman sat there typing these details into the computer database that it didn't come up with anything, I had the blokes name and address, approx age and first 4 parts of the reg, as well as the make and model of the car. I had to go home and latter email the details. I hope the database has improved now and @Davidcan find out who did the damage.

He's still drink driving daily by the way, the police have never caught him...yet.

Sadly, I wouldn’t hold your breath on getting anything done, the police sadly just don’t have the resources to investigate incidents that mean they have to do the footwork!!

Someone smashed into me years ago on the M32, I got the registration number, their name, address & phone number supposedly!! When I got home I called the number & got someone completely different!! I reported it to the police, gave a full statement & the only thing I heard back was that they had stopped the vehicle a couple of times, my description of the person didn’t match (the person who crashed into me had a Scottish accent) & the person they stopped didn’t & despite me having chunks of his paint so they could match it & see the damage (it was a shitty works fiesta van in light blue), they just let him go!!

And that was with them having the correct number plate, make & model of vehicle & the vehicle having all the damage I explained!! They did nothing & I couldn’t claim!! I was seething & always said to myself that if I ever had an accident that was my fault I’d just use a dodgy Scottish accent, how many people could actually tell the difference between a real or fake Scottish accent? I hasten to add, I’m far too honest to of done what was done to me & have never given any fake details. But it was a real kick in the balls.

Archived