IGNORED

£10 to park?

pillred

On 07/11/2017 at 17:06, Bccsec said:

As secretary of the cricket club that 'Kivsy' refers to, I can confirm that Parking is £5 for ALL GAMES. This included last Saturday (Cardiff). The car park next to us (nursery entrance) is private land and they charged £10 on Saturday, as did the one on the roundabout at the end of the by-pass. BEDMINSTER CRICKET CLUB only charged £5. I responded to 'Kivsy' Facebook's post after his 1 star review, but he has some far failed to amend this. I can assure you you are wrong.

We are aware that the people on the gate of the 'other' car park have told people they are part of the cricket club in the past, but there is very little we can about this, and they are not.  Perhaps if you come into the bar (and but a very reasonably priced pint)  you could have asked us about the costs before you went online and slatted the cricket club, which you seem unwilling to admit you may have got wrong. I was at the ground on Saturday, and can assure the cost is £5 and will be the same for Many Utd. 

We have some very loyal customers who know what we charge as proven above and I thank them for their support. Sometimes we get full very quickly and we can only apologies that we cannot get everyone on our land all of the time. However, when the grass is wet we can only use the concrete, as we don't wish to damage our outfield....we are a cricket club first and foremost. 

I would of hoped the fence separating the land may have given away the fact that we are two separate car parks. They are a business and will charge what ever they feel people are willing to pay, much the same as BCFC will do for the Man Utd game; supply and demand will rule a business and allow them to charge what they wish.

From another thread.....

Deffo a tenner now as I just parked there as had no choice - I said to the bloke who basically said the rent had been put up so they had no choice but to increase prices.

park and ride for me on a Saturday and get out of work earlier on a Tuesday 

Went tonight , seemed the cricket club Charge a fiver , however only 40 spaces !   So not much room there. 

However a guy who used to take my money who is I’m sure linked to  the cricket club , nice chap however he said the rent has gone up and blamed a mysterious landlord.  All seems a bit odd to me. 

To be honest, the whole transport infrastructure around Ashton Gate is sh*t.

It's very poor that they banned everyone from parking around Hotwells, only to charge people a tenner to park in the cricket field.

On top of that, for those having to walk from the direction of town to an evening game is appalling - it's pitch black and frankly dangerous.

ON a related matter, if you have a car park season ticket organised through the club (which used to get you cup games as well) they are now charging an additional £7 for Stoke and Palace games and a whopping £10 for Man Utd for the same space - why does a Prem team mean the parking is worth more??

Now that really is taking advantage of people who work until early evening and therefore need a space to avoid missing the kick-off.

37 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

How much is the portway p&r?

also where do they pick up from after the game?

Normally lucky and get a space at the cricket club, but if I'm running late I don't want to be paying £10 in the field next door! 

It was a ballache getting out in that mud, 100% will not be parking there again, the park and ride is £4, kids are free too. Pick up after is outside the robins.

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

A tenner?  well ... 

If you ask me ...... its just not cricket is it old chap?  

Ten quid, what four? .. that's proper hit me for six that has -like a kick in the googlies.

it's £5 in the cricket club IF you can get in there.

I parked in the field next door to the cricket club and yes it’s a tenner. As others have said I questioned the guy about why they’d doubled the price and he muttered about doubling rent and having to pay staff. Absolute bollocks I’m sure. 

When we got back to the car the field was a quagmire and half the cars in there were stuck in the mud and couldn’t get out. The whole episode summed up the night, on and off the pitch. 

This was in the post two days ago.

Parking

All areas will be open, with spaces reserved for season card holders until Monday, November 20 at 10am. To book parking, call 0117963 0600.

Winterstoke Road – £15 
Wickes/Midas – £12 
Pattersons/Ashton Park School/Avonline – £10

lies lies and more lies

thats all you get from the carpark next to the cricket ground...my mate parked last home game and when asked about the price rise they blamed the cricket club. when i parked there last night i asked the guy is this for the rest of the season and he said yes and that they are all charging a tenner. i parked and walked over to the cricket carpark and asked them to the price , it was £5 and will be all season including the man u game.they said the other carpark had asked them to up there prices but said no but du to space they had to shut 6.15 pm . 

the trouble is we travel up from burnham on the a38 and once you get to the cricket ground if full or closed you have not got much choice to trun around so had to park in there . will never park in there again and hope other people boycot it which somtimes ant easy when you get there late and all the roads are busy

Archived