IGNORED

£10 to park?

pillred

19 hours ago, Rob k said:

It was a ballache getting out in that mud, 100% will not be parking there again, the park and ride is £4, kids are free too. Pick up after is outside the robins.

Oh come on mate...I had great fun pushing you out the car park in all that mud...still cleaning my shoes now :laugh: ;-)

19 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

So what do you think our club will do about the parking issues ? 

Nothing at this moment in time (in my opinion). The easy answer has got to be to utilise the LA park and ride. As I have said before,  it has been used in the past for BCFC football parking, why can't it again? Come on BCFC, I think most people who are prepared to pay for parking would pay up to a fiver. Money spinner as it has capacity for hundreds of cars.

IMG_3115.JPG

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Why don't people park for free 15 mins walk away? Always surprises me people are willing to pay £10 for this. 

Not sure there are many places to park for free if you live the WsM, Clevedon, Nailsea side of Ashton Gate (with a 15 min walk)? There are spaces by The Ashton pub but they are snapped up really early. Some parking is available in LA but that's quite a trek (more than 15 mins I would say). 

18 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Nothing at this moment in time (in my opinion). The easy answer has got to be to utilise the LA park and ride. As I have said before,  it has been used in the past for BCFC football parking, why can't it again? Come on BCFC, I think most people who are prepared to pay for parking would pay up to a fiver. Money spinner as it has capacity for hundreds of cars.

Because they can't be arsed - they appear intent to watch on as fans get ripped off. Similar attitude being demonstrated to that of the provision of drinks shelves in the concourses. We ain't bothered attitude.

Been watching the debate on the 'field' parking for several weeks. Spoke to a guy, who seemed ITK, about the situation at the Cardiff match. The people who own it are  just playing the market. Was told they are nothing to do with the Cricket Club.

Think someone mentioned the LA Park and Ride is actually an 'unofficial' option. Don't know what the fee is but I believe the poster mentioned you can get off the bus at a stop near AG. Assume you can walk back. 

25 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Not sure there are many places to park for free if you live the WsM, Clevedon, Nailsea side of Ashton Gate (with a 15 min walk)? There are spaces by The Ashton pub but they are snapped up really early. Some parking is available in LA but that's quite a trek (more than 15 mins I would say). 

But to get to all those places quickly after the game it is better to go towards airport and across rather than go out that way. You can easily park around parsons street station way and get out quicker. 

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Because they can't be arsed - they appear intent to watch on as fans get ripped off. Similar attitude being demonstrated to that of the provision of drinks shelves in the concourses. We ain't bothered attitude.

Been watching the debate on the 'field' parking for several weeks. Spoke to a guy, who seemed ITK, about the situation at the Cardiff match. The people who own it are  just playing the market. Was told they are nothing to do with the Cricket Club.

Think someone mentioned the LA Park and Ride is actually an 'unofficial' option. Don't know what the fee is but I believe the poster mentioned you can get off the bus at a stop near AG. Assume you can walk back. 

The LA park and ride closes at 21:30 so can't be 'unofficially' used for night games. In fact, they used to pay sombody on Saturdays, to stop fans parking and walking out towards Ashton Gate! 

Copied from the website.........

"Closed and locked overnight at 9.30pm"

4 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

The LA park and ride closes at 21:30 so can't be 'unofficially' used for night games. In fact, they used to pay sombody on Saturdays, to stop fans parking and walking out towards Ashton Gate! 

Copied from the website.........

"Closed and locked overnight at 9.30pm"

Pathetic isn't it? 

Desperate need for parking in the area,  potential for £20k income every month for an outlay of a few hundred quid. 

Nah, far better leave the asset - that tax payers probably paid for - lying empty or half full. Could only happen in Bristol/North Somerset.

Wasn't the idea of a Mayor to bang a few heads together to sort out the stupidity of public/private sectors for the benefit of the people? Epic fail. 

7 hours ago, pillred said:

and where might that be?

There’s plenty of places. Ashton Vale Rd is a good place if you want to be close and don’t mind the wait to get out. I tend to park somewhere around Duckmoor Rd, North/West Street a lot. Spike Island area or back near Asda too.

Bring an umbrella for the rainy days if required.

I’m driving in from East Brizzle.

On 11/22/2017 at 06:57, Jacki said:

I parked in the field next door to the cricket club and yes it’s a tenner. As others have said I questioned the guy about why they’d doubled the price and he muttered about doubling rent and having to pay staff. Absolute bollocks I’m sure. 

When we got back to the car the field was a quagmire and half the cars in there were stuck in the mud and couldn’t get out. The whole episode summed up the night, on and off the pitch. 

They are missing a trick really.  £10 to park, then charge another tenner to tow you out with a tractor or Land Rover.

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

There’s plenty of places. Ashton Vale Rd is a good place if you want to be close and don’t mind the wait to get out. I tend to park somewhere around Duckmoor Rd, North/West Street a lot. Spike Island area or back near Asda too.

Bring an umbrella for the rainy days if required.

I’m driving in from East Brizzle.

All those places you need to arrive at least 2 hours before the match, and if your having more than a pint then you can’t drive so what do you do for 2 hours ? 

I know the council have been bloody awkward, and there’s the farce re the LA Park & Ride, But really feel that Bristol Sport should do more to assist with parking and let us know longer term plans re parking and transport to matches. 

I’m convinced the lower attendance on Tuesday was partly down to the inflated parking fees and less and less free parking nearby. 

5 hours ago, redapple said:

All those places you need to arrive at least 2 hours before the match, and if your having more than a pint then you can’t drive so what do you do for 2 hours ? 

I know the council have been bloody awkward, and there’s the farce re the LA Park & Ride, But really feel that Bristol Sport should do more to assist with parking and let us know longer term plans re parking and transport to matches. 

I’m convinced the lower attendance on Tuesday was partly down to the inflated parking fees and less and less free parking nearby. 

To be honest, as long as it’s a Saturday game I can park up easy enough 45 mins before kick off. The closer to kick off potentially the longer to find a spot but I’ve succeeded all season with these bigger attendances. I don’t ever drink before games and generally go straight into the ground.

You can pretty much guarantee a spot down the industrial estate 10-15 mins before kick off.

On 21/11/2017 at 21:58, oldrosie said:

A tenner just to park?? Explains why so many old timers have gone off to non league where a tenner admission would be a rip off ... 

On 22/11/2017 at 07:24, Vincent Vega said:

£13 to watch Bath City

...yep, and £12 to watch Chippenham Town.

But facts are an inconvenience for @oldrosie when it comes to finding any angle to slag off anything and everything to do with the club.

5 hours ago, iamsober said:

four=for - googlies =goolies

Thanks for your incorrect corrections oh sober one... please try again... ( I hope you will think a little more outside of the box this time and wont be stumped again ) :yawn:

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 19:31, WhistleHappy said:

A tenner?  well ... 

If you ask me ...... its just not cricket is it old chap?  

Ten quid, what four? .. that's proper hit me for six that has -like a kick in the googlies.

Hmm?..  that batter?  ..get it now?   :) 

21 hours ago, redapple said:

Totally agree with this. If going to see City means having to pay £10 for parking every game, i'm staying home

19 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

To be honest, as long as it’s a Saturday game I can park up easy enough 45 mins before kick off. The closer to kick off potentially the longer to find a spot but I’ve succeeded all season with these bigger attendances. I don’t ever drink before games and generally go straight into the ground.

You can pretty much guarantee a spot down the industrial estate 10-15 mins before kick off.

The last time we did that it took 45 minutes to get out of there, never again. Park and ride for us these days, loads less stressfull.

Been parking on North Street all this season and it's been fine. £3 for 3pm kick off and if it's an evening game it's free. I get there late usually (got there at 7:30pm on Friday and around 2:15-2:30 for 3pm) and there are usually spaces. Last resort if I can't find anything is the trading estate where the Ship and Castle used to be and that's £6 and there's usually loads of spaces even if you get there late

2 hours ago, Jon6956 said:

I've never paid for parking... there's plenty of free parking about. The industrial estate past the railway lines is where I go. Bit of a queue to leave, but I'm not bothered by that.

Plenty? Hardly. If this was the case it wouldn’t be a reoccurring issue on the forum and people wouldn’t have to pay. It’s becoming more and more of a problem with growing attendances and dwindling parking options.

48 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Plenty? Hardly. If this was the case it wouldn’t be a reoccurring issue on the forum and people wouldn’t have to pay. It’s becoming more and more of a problem with growing attendances and dwindling parking options.

There's plenty on street parking around north street, depends how far you want to walk.

i arrive at the game only 45 mins to an hour before the game starts and there's always plenty of parking round the industrial estate.. plus there's another car park there which charges 7 pound.

Archived