IGNORED

Three Not Fit

Silvio Dante

First off, LJ has not got it wrong much this season and is still hugely in credit.

However, today showed that in this league you cannot carry one player who's not fit, let alone three. And when your main tactic in the first half was to hit long balls to a not fully fit player, then it's asking for trouble - particularly when you have a not fully fit left side and are outnumbered in midfield.

Bad day at the office no doubt. If that side was fully fit we win, but playing three unfit players killed us.

It's been widely reported that Djuric is nursing an injury, so why start with him? He was obviously not going to make it through 90 minutes and his best games have been as an impact sub.

If we had taken the lead them we might not have needed him. Seems crazy to risk aggrevating that injury.

I know it's all hindsight but it felt like a strange decision even before kickoff.

17 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Patterson.

Last 5 games he has been absent. I know his assist record this season has been good but time for a few games out and let’s see what Leko and Eliasson can offer after a run of 2/3 games.

You can’t keep playing somebody because they had a previous purple patch if they are clearly out of it to the extent they are offering virtually nowt !!

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Last 5 games he has been absent. I know his assist record this season has been good but time for a few games out and let’s see what Leko and Eliasson can offer after a run of 2/3 games.

You can’t keep playing somebody because they had a previous purple patch if they are clearly out of it to the extent they are offering virtually nowt !!

Exactly he obviously wasn't fit and it showed that in spades, he should not have been selected.

Clearly neither Bryan or Paterson were fully fit, making us totally ineffective down the lhs. As others have said neither should have been selected to start - major mistake by LJ, which is compounded if Bryan in particular is now not fully fit for Hull.

Djuric I'm not so sure about, he did win plenty of knock-downs but neither Reid or anyone else got close enough to him to benefit. Without carrying Joe & Pato, the game plan of starting Djuric  might have worked. As it was Djuric would have been the player you wanted on, when we actually had crosses coming into the box via Eliasson, instead they were wasted with just Reid up front. 

Archived